Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion

So I have a RC8 Nitro I tore apart and decided I want a rally car that can really do something. I have already done this with a Short Course Truck conversion and it works great! Why not make my rally car BA too! My issue is trying to find 1/8 scale rally bodies that are available. I have searched all over for the Kyosho 1/8 body and its measurements would work perfectly but it seems those have fallen of the face of the earth. I have seen some other manufactures of a cheap 1/8 scale but no options to buy the body. It looks like HPI is releasing a 1/8 rally car so maybe more bodies will be available in the short future. I am really looking for a Subaru due to the fact I drive an 07 Impreza. Can anyone help with a search for a body that would work for this!

I wont have a problem mounting the body as I have creative ways of doing that I just need help finding the body, anyone that could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I will post pictures of the progress as soon as the forum lets me I am new to the site but well versed to the hobby!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

So how's it going?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Got sidetracked with a wraith project, that is a fun build! The parts are sitting on the shelf and the next project in line. I have all the rolling chassis along with wheels, tires and body mounts. I found a very poorly screen printed impreza wannabe on eBay. Still would like something that would have full out Subaru decals. Although I can use vynil decal material and hopefully save this body. Pics will come as soon as the forums allow. I have been busy on a well known crawler forum for my ba wraith build.