Wiki Posts
Search

CDC Backlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Angry CDC Backlight

Hi all,
i purchased a CDC 6.0B, and since i have had it... i have never seen the backlight work!!!!! anyody know why?? how can it be fixed??
It has to look pretty
Old 10-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine failed about after my 20charge/discharge...i used it to match some packs.
After a while it came back on.
i've been told the high discharge rate does no good to the backlit screen(if that's any consolation,most screens go off,even the Pulsar).
If yours didn't even light up u can return it to claim the warranty.otherwise , forget the fancy colour and get on with it
Old 10-03-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Guys, I have the same prob but it's no biggy. It's a common problem with CDC 6b. It'll come back in awhile, no point returning the charger just because of the fancy light. Since it didn't light up the first time, u ought to have it checked or returned, the store owner might swipe it since it's a common problem.
Overall, it's a good charger. My 2cents
Old 10-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

i have the same problem,but used to it.it's always like...1 moment it's on,the next it's off,n b4 u know it,it's on again...
i dun mind it,the charger itself more than makes this flaw...
Old 10-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Same problem here. Mine failed after 2 successive discharges of (full) 3300's. So I guess it's a heat thing.

Works fine still. Most of the time the LEDs are actually on, but very dim (maybe there's 4 LEDS or something).

Like you guys say, I'm just ignoring it - but it is reassuring that others have the same problem and it's not a real issue.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

yup 2 of us in the group has cdc v 6.0b and both chargers act the same with regards to the backlite all we do is igrore it.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

thanks guys.. i just thought for the amount of $$ you pay... it should work!! .... i cant just return it.. i live in australia and i ordered it in HONG HONG !!!

is there any tricks to makin it work?
Old 10-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

I have both versions of the charger (integy and eagle) and the screens are different colours. 1 is green and one is blue lol. I have had 1 for about a month and just got the second one. They have both done full cycles with 3300's, and neither have failed yet (touch wood).
Old 10-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Motorsports00 I was online with you till you complained about price.That's one of the BEST charger's out EXPECIALLY For the money.Backlight or not.But in all Im just giving you a hard time.When it says it has it you would like it to be there.
Plug it into the wall,hook up battery and dip in bathtub.Something will light up.
You guys have a good weekend and if racing goodluck.
How is it downunder this time of year?
Old 10-04-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yep, happened to me too. It was working one day, then I noticed it quit. It would pop on from time to time. I had ordered a replacement one (6V1, couldnt get the V2 blue) and was planning on replacing it. Popped the top off and moved some wires around going to the LED, It came back on and hasnt went out once since. I figure it was a bad connection all along. I'll keep my New LED as a back up just in case!
Old 10-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

hmm, im not alone mine works from time to time. at first, i tried tapping the side of the charger. but it wasnt a loose connection, because the backlight works most of the time but usually goes off after discharging. i was tempted to have it repaired but ive learned to ignore it and just charge in a lit room
Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey all, i wasnt whinging about the price... its was a very good price for what it does... yet $300 AUD is a decent amount of money to pay.. and like you said.. if it says it has it.. it should!!... i might open it up n look at the connections...

Racing downunder is great... we have the Nationals and TCS at the moment and more racing sooon... the weather is great - getting warmer

anyways.. will let you know whats happening.. thanks again for your reply

Will.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Talking PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks again for your help everyone.... i pulled the charger apart and "squeezed" some connections.. especially the 2 leads that plug into main board.. it now works!!! its a green Colour ( like my 3PK) not blue
haha there is no pleasing some people ; ) \
nah its all cool!!! just happy now!!
thanks
Will
Old 10-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Charger Input voltage

Hello,

I have an Associated Nicad Charger. I don't have the plug that goes to the input, and I'm wondering what the voltage and current of my input should be? I believe it takes a 12 Volt input; but what current? The charger says it can charge up to 8 Amps. I'm thinking the resitance of the battery will not alow it to be charged that high, but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have an Associated Nicad Charger. I don't have the plug that goes to the input, and I'm wondering what the voltage and current of my input should be? I believe it takes a 12 Volt input; but what current?
yes,12V.current is as high as u can get for an input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.