R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   tamyia paint (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/25273-tamyia-paint.html)

acid_rain182 10-01-2003 10:56 PM

tamyia paint

hey
can some one tell me the drying time, before i can aply another coat of the tamyia poly paints (can)
thanks

ps: sorry about it being in the wrong forum but no one isin the body forum

disaster999 10-01-2003 11:06 PM

they take a lot longer than the parma paint! and it depends how your painting it or trying to change a color or whatever

if your painting layers of the same paint...you should first cover the body with a fine mist of the paint, let it sit there for like..1-2 mins before applying another coat. it just depends how much you sprays on it. but the best way is to spray a really fine mist

after you got the right amount of layers on the body, wait for 10-15 mins for the paint to dry....but i would wait a bit longer cuz the tamiya paints are really rubbery when its semi dry and it will peal off some of the paint...best way is to blow dry with a hair dryer or let it sit in the sun for a while! when you finish painting the body, strongly recommend you let the body sit over night or longer just to let the paint cure up!

Evoracer 10-02-2003 12:48 PM

On Tamiya bodies especially, It helps if they are squeeky clean. You did wash it and dry it before you painted...right??!!:D :D :D

acid_rain182 10-02-2003 09:33 PM

hey
thanks for the info on the body,
yes i did wash and dry it completely
the body im painting (for my first time) is a Protoform 300m
im painting the whole thing metelic red with a sliver backing
does any 1 know how long i should wait till i put the backing on
till the red cures???

Me+RC=$$$ 10-02-2003 09:43 PM

If it was me I would let it sit overnight, but then again I'm very cautious when painting bodies.

disaster999 10-02-2003 10:39 PM

Originally posted by acid_rain182
hey
thanks for the info on the body,
yes i did wash and dry it completely
the body im painting (for my first time) is a Protoform 300m
im painting the whole thing metelic red with a sliver backing
does any 1 know how long i should wait till i put the backing on
till the red cures???

for tamiya paint..theres no need to back up the color your painting....tamiya isnt the stuff they use in america, they are stronger and are not seethrough! your just adding extra weight to the body! you cant even tell the difference if you back up the paint or not! spray like..3-4 coats of the red you have..and your done! save your self some time and moeny!

trf racer 10-03-2003 01:04 AM

i always found it drys pretty quick.
but then again i only put 1 coat on.:D
there will be no point backing it up with other paint cause its so good.