R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2003, 06:35 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Lot's of intresting comments on here. I for one do not like the new dish premount on parking lot, the car is pushing. I have however seen some hex's knocked out and rims cracked. I guess I too will be mounting me up some custom sets

Kraig, do you know if the Cross dish is heavier than their spoke, I'd like to keep using cross wheels as the takeoff insert/tire combo works for me.

Last edited by webspinner; 10-03-2003 at 06:41 AM.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:29 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Speedmind rims and Takeoff tires.

Thats the funny thing.I have yet to run the New dish wheels by Takeoff that are imported by Schumacher USA.I thought I was and was really happy but then I looked closely and saw that they were indded speedmind rims and not the sets imported by Schumacher.They are imported by magmar and they are mounted on speedmind rims.Tuff as nails and I run on board tracks so I should know.They feel just like the spoke rims in the way they run but dont warp and dont break like you guys say.So my shop i go to has ceased ordering from schumacher and went to Magmar.I would suggest if you really like these tires premounted then go to Magmars website and see if they have dealers around you.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:37 AM   #18
Tech Elite

http://www.magmarc.com

Email them about buying premounts.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Correct racenut, I heard a couple months ago that TakeOff was going to be mounting their tires on a new dish wheel from SpeedMind but wasn't really sure if that is what they turned out to use, I still like the way the tire performs on my track with the Cross wheel.

Does anyone know if the Cross dishes are heverier than their spokes?
Old 10-03-2003, 07:48 AM   #20
Tech Elite

The Speedmind dishes do perform the same as the cross spoke rims.The airgap is the same.The spoke rims are gone.So now you either run the new dished wheels by schumacher or speedmind,mount your own,which I may end up doing or try soemthing else.I still say try the Magmar/speedmind mounted takeoffs.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Interesting comments. I've been a big fan of Speedmind wheels for awhile now - tough as nails. I'm kinda worried now, after reading that the new TakeOff's are on Speedmind wheels and are breaking so easily. At any rate, I prefer to mount my own wheels and tires for the simple reason that I get a choice of inserts. I've never been a fan of the blue TakeOff inserts, as I feel that they leave too much of a gap between the insert and the tire and allow the tire to shift too much. But, at $32 for a set of tires, wheels, and inserts, you can't really beat the price. Time will tell, though, if TakeOff's got a hit on their hands, or a dud.

I'm assuming Scotty at Trackside is using TakeOff premounts as the handout tires at this year's Novak race. If the breakage continues, you can bet I'll be purchasing a few extra sets.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Please reread carefully.The New Takeoff premounts are coming from 2 different sources.One from Schumacher usa which mounts them on the dish that everyone is breaking and Magmar which mounts them on the speedmind dishes.I hope this clarifies your understanding.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:42 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by losirob
I've never been a fan of the blue TakeOff inserts, as I feel that they leave too much of a gap between the insert and the tire and allow the tire to shift too much.

Rob
Rob, how's Tulsa, that is one sweeeeet indoor track you all have. Anyways on the insert shift that only applies to which wheel you choose from the ribbing on the inside of the wheel, some are taller while some have very little ribbing not to mention the diameter of the inside of the wheel, these both go hand in hand which will change how the insert sits inside the tire. I bet the ribbing and overall diameter on the inside of the speedmind wheel is differant than that on the cross, the cross/takeoff tire and insert seems to work well.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Please reread carefully.The New Takeoff premounts are coming from 2 different sources.One from Schumacher usa which mounts them on the dish that everyone is breaking and Magmar which mounts them on the speedmind dishes.I hope this clarifies your understanding.
Whoops - thanks Racenut, I missed that.

Rob
Old 10-03-2003, 10:58 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by proudwinner
Rob, how's Tulsa, that is one sweeeeet indoor track you all have.
Tulsa's good. Yeah, RCR (my home track) is really nice. The owners are great people, and the racers there are as helpful as they can be. Add to that the nice track and drivers' stand, and it's definitely a winning combination.

You wouldn't happen to be the guy from Memphis who sold Derek one of his XXX-S's, would you? And, if so, when are we going to see you back this way?

RCR's hosting our Winter Championships on December 13, 2003. It's looking like Paul Lemieux and Scotty Earnst are making the trip down from Milwaukee for it. Should be a great weekend of racing. Check out RC's Raceway for more information (they'll be posting a flyer for it soon.)

Rob
Old 10-03-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

proudwinner, I do not know.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Hey Rob, yeah that was me that sold Derek the pristine XXX-S I'll see if I can make plans or not for that upcoming race, you all do have some solid competition.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Default New Take-offs

Hey Guys, I have used the new Take-off 27s on the dish wheels at my Local asphault track (SpeedLine Hobbies) and lap times went up 2 to 3 tenths average.
The rubber just does not seem to hold up as well to the heat as the old 27s on the
mesh wheels. I have not seen many centers broken out of the wheels at the track though. I am sticking to sorex 36rs
mounted on yokomo dishes useing blue team orion inserts. I know that Paul W. from Schumacher tested them on our track with good results.

Gary
moveitorloseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Interesting. I used the new premounted dish wheels with 22's this past weekend, and ran faster than I ever have.

Rob
Old 10-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker
Talking reply to forum

I run the Speedmind K28 Impact- Master Dish Wheels with Sorex tires on pavement. They work great and I have never broken one. Most people I know think that the dish Take- Offs are Speedminds however they are not. The Speedminds I run have never warped and the tires stick to the wheels better than any other wheels I have used. The CA also runs around the rim better than other wheels. Also, you can use thinner CA on the insides because of the quality of the hold.

Quote:
Every Car Has a Problem-----------Tools Work Them Out
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote