Wiki Posts
Search

Another CRC 1/12 newbie with questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Another CRC 1/12 newbie with questions

Well I saw part of an answer to one of my questions in another thread but I wanted to see if someone could clarify it for me-

I have a CRC 3.2

1. I have a speed passion speed control (which has a fan on top) What are my options for actually making it fit with the body on? I read in the other thread probably not the best to remove it I have a brushless trininty 17.5 currently, but plan on running 13. soon

2. It has a 88 tooth spur gear what would be a good place to start as far as a pinion gear? I know it depends on batterries, track size ect but I just need a starting point.

3. I am new to brushless technology I see that the speed control has an "A" B' and C wires for the motor, the motor that came with it was marked also but my trinity isnt so is it always the same order on all the brushless motors?

IN advance thank you for the information!!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default t

obviously alto to consider when gearing, but with a 88 spur you pretty much want to put as big of a pinion as you can fit. Most people are running a a 76 spur, and depending on track sizer gear from 47-53 for pinion. i dont think you will get the speedo to fit with the fan. i would just take it off. No need for it with a 17.5 and prob no nned for it with a 13.5 either. And all brushless motors, or al the ones i have seen are the same wire order. A b c, front front to back . if in a 12th scale.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Welcome to the 1/12th world. Theres really no reason to run a fan with 1/12th cars. You should even be able to grind the heat sink a bit. Have a look at the Novak 4 cell speedo or the LRP offering if your still worried about heat.

For a gear try to find a 78 spur. Makes gearing a little easyer.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, I will take the fan off and see make sure the temp stays low. I am planning on running up at Timezone 2 and Rc plus here in the northwest.

As far as the spur I think I have spares and will try and find a 76, would I still be in the 20's (pinion) for that size spur?

Thank you so much for the help, i used to run 1/8 scale 10 years ago so I know the basics but the technology now is so crazy I've never seen so many options for a speed control it used to be good better best LOL.... Sheesh and Im only 27 years old and Im lost already!
Old 11-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by beavis353
Welcome to the 1/12th world. Theres really no reason to run a fan with 1/12th cars. You should even be able to grind the heat sink a bit. Have a look at the Novak 4 cell speedo or the LRP offering if your still worried about heat.

For a gear try to find a 78 spur. Makes gearing a little easyer.
I think I will look for a different ESC soon that will fit better and put the one I have in my Xray, Im just tight with money now because I just bought everything LOL.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default no

your pinion will be around 50
Old 11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nazman01
your pinion will be around 50
Guess I should have read slower in your earlier psot LOL thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well good thing I took the fan off anyways it would have overheated with all the carpet that was underneath it packed in the fins
Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABRacing
Well I saw part of an answer to one of my questions in another thread but I wanted to see if someone could clarify it for me-

I have a CRC 3.2

1. I have a speed passion speed control (which has a fan on top) What are my options for actually making it fit with the body on? I read in the other thread probably not the best to remove it I have a brushless trininty 17.5 currently, but plan on running 13. soon

2. It has a 88 tooth spur gear what would be a good place to start as far as a pinion gear? I know it depends on batterries, track size ect but I just need a starting point.

3. I am new to brushless technology I see that the speed control has an "A" B' and C wires for the motor, the motor that came with it was marked also but my trinity isnt so is it always the same order on all the brushless motors?

IN advance thank you for the information!!!!
i have the same car. i have the SP GT V1.1 with 17.5. i use CRC pro cut tires(black front/grey rear) my rollout is 3.19.my gearing is 44/80.( i could go higher on the pinion).i dont use the fan because the car doesn't get hot.it's not enough power.(plus it doesn't fit with the body on)i use 14AWG wire with trinity bullet connectors to maxamps 4700 mah 4 cells. i mounted the esc on the left side of the chassis next to the antenna and the power cap on the servo.the receiver is mounted the right side. everything fits perfect.