Originally Posted by Low_E
1. What a kind of product is it and what is the purpose of it?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the use of these comm drops
3. Is it dangerous to use them?
4. Is it within rules to use these liquids?
5. any other tips?
1. From my limited research, comm drops are just diesel oil. They lubricate the comm and that is about it.
2. Lubing the comm reduces friction and increases rpm.
3. No danger, but they can make the comm dirty as it's oil, which attracts dirt.
5. They are typically used to help break in brushes as they probably soften the brush material a little (like water). I've been told they should be washed out with motor spray before actual running...