First upgrades.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default First upgrades.

So besides the motor and ESC, which I would like to save for last, for multiple reasons. What should I focus on first? And whats a fast gear ratio. Can I use a Lipo 3s 11.1v on the 5700kv.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
HPI Sprint 2 Flux WARP 5700Kv brushless motor and MOTIV ESC
Old 08-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

can't help with the gear ratio, but the stock S2 Flux esc and motor are only rated for 2S LiPo.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

So 3s LiPos will kill the motor? but the ESC is rated to use 3s Lipos. What's the worst thing to happen to the car if i do stick 3s lipos in it? And if I upgrade the motor, things will start breaking under the stress added to it, So which parts should be changed before they break? and will the MOTIV ESC work for any brushless? Can I change the motor and use the MOTIV ESC or do i have to change the ESC at the same time. I'm just getting into this hobby. I got this as a hand me down and it had no batteries but i got some 3s lipos from another friend. So if someone can explain the "worst case scenario," that would be great.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Here is a great thread about the sprint 2 with a bunch of great mods and upgrades discussed. You can do 3s on the electronics, but its not recommended, the sidewinder has always had heat issues, but maybe since its an onroad car idk.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sows-ear.html
Old 08-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StapledTiger
So besides the motor and ESC, which I would like to save for last, for multiple reasons. What should I focus on first? And whats a fast gear ratio. Can I use a Lipo 3s 11.1v on the 5700kv.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
HPI Sprint 2 Flux WARP 5700Kv brushless motor and MOTIV ESC
What are you doing with your car? Racing? Speed runs? Bashing around in the street? Before asking for advice, gather all of the info you have and someone here will gladly help.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mooby64
What are you doing with your car? Racing? Speed runs? Bashing around in the street? Before asking for advice, gather all of the info you have and someone here will gladly help.
Street bashing ATM, there's no club or track in my area that I'm aware of.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Oh look into new springs too mine came with rediculously stiff springs for street driving
Old 08-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Oh also, te shocks that it comes with are emulsion, but the bladders from traxxas shocks work to make them compensation bladder shocks.