Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors >

LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

Old 08-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quietman
Has anyone tried a 10.5 in 1/12 as i have one and its not performing blac diamind esc latest version motor ok for 6 mins then slows tried everthing even got new armature for 1cell 3.7 lipo but no good
thanks
On old software try 4 dot timing, 30-88 gearing on profile 5 not sure how that compares to new software, Maybe someone on the BD thread can tell you.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hello There,

Does anyone have a LRP X12 8.5 Brushless 1/12th setup in the sensord mode? And what Spur and pinion should I use?

Here's the track size and my car info:

100"X45" Feet
1.72" inch rear tire
Old 09-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does anyone know what size rotors The Team Associated guy's are using in there LRP x12 Mod's for 1/12th 1c lipo?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Does anyone know what size rotors The Team Associated guy's are using in there LRP x12 Mod's for 1/12th 1c lipo?
Some run 12.0 and some run 12.5. They are close on the track lap time wise but drive a little different. Try them both and see what you like best.

Paul
Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok can someone shed some light please. I had a new 4.5 x12 geared at 8.4.(on road med to large track) Ran it about 6 times at our state title race and in the finals the rear bearing blew apart. So i stripped it down cleaned out all the debris as best as possible and ran it in the next run. I got to the end of the run and it just stopped. A motor wire unsoldered. This tells me it got pretty hot. Is the motor stuffed? The rotor has a few scratches on it too.
Cheers
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ark
Ok can someone shed some light please. I had a new 4.5 x12 geared at 8.4.(on road med to large track) Ran it about 6 times at our state title race and in the finals the rear bearing blew apart. So i stripped it down cleaned out all the debris as best as possible and ran it in the next run. I got to the end of the run and it just stopped. A motor wire unsoldered. This tells me it got pretty hot. Is the motor stuffed? The rotor has a few scratches on it too.
Cheers
Why did you keep using this motor while knowing a bearing was broken ?!

However, the motor may not be totally stuffed. Clean it up again carefully, replace both bearings (cuz' for sure the second one will end its life shortly after) and apply high quality lube regularily.
X12 weak point is the bearings...
You have to check their conditions every 6/7 runs. If the motor gets hotter than normal, starts being noisy, or too much play appears on the shaft, bearings have on their death path...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ark
Cheers
I run my 4.5 at 9.0fdr, 150f after every run

they do like to eat bearings unless you lube alot
Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
Cheers
The LRP-X12 use a very high temperature silver-based solder. Much better than most motors out there. If you were able to get the motor that hot and unsoldered it, then you pretty much toasted the motor permanently. A scratched rotor will be most likely not be balanced anymore therefore causing future bearing problems.

I wouldn't run this motor ever again. It is not worth the chance of blowing your ESC. You can try sending the motor back to AE for service, but most likely the warranty would be denied and you would have to pay a reduced replacement charge.

Our X-12 motors (4.5 / 7.5 / 13.5 / 10.5) come off the track between 200 - 220 Deg F. every time. These motors run extremely hot compared to other brands. Plus we run a high flow fan and modified the cans for more cooling. The motor quality is great and there is no degradation of performance when they get this hot. We have seen X-12 get over 260 F and still work flawlessly after cooling down.

If you race competitively, high heat vs. performance is the nature of the game. Therefore, you will have to bring 1 or 2 back up motors if you don't follow a rigid maintenance schedule.

BTW, we clean and oil our bearings in our LRP X-12's before every race/practice event. We replaced several with ceramic bearings but find there is no performance advantage.

Both bearings are larger in the LRP X-12 Stock (10.5/13.5/17.5) which have the bronze can.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 09-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
Why did you keep using this motor while knowing a bearing was broken ?!
ha ha sorry, I replaced the bearing with a ceramic one someone lent me. I am still learning as I just switched to LRP motors and speedy. Thanks for your help Slide

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
The LRP-X12 use a very high temperature silver-based solder. Much better than most motors out there. If you were able to get the motor that hot and unsoldered it, then you pretty much toasted the motor permanently. A scratched rotor will be most likely not be balanced anymore therefore causing future bearing problems.

I wouldn't run this motor ever again. It is not worth the chance of blowing your ESC. You can try sending the motor back to AE for service, but most likely the warranty would be denied and you would have to pay a reduced replacement charge.

Our X-12 motors (4.5 / 7.5 / 13.5 / 10.5) come off the track between 200 - 220 Deg F. every time. These motors run extremely hot compared to other brands. Plus we run a high flow fan and modified the cans for more cooling. The motor quality is great and there is no degradation of performance when they get this hot. We have seen X-12 get over 260 F and still work flawlessly after cooling down.

If you race competitively, high heat vs. performance is the nature of the game. Therefore, you will have to bring 1 or 2 back up motors if you don't follow a rigid maintenance schedule.

BTW, we clean and oil our bearings in our LRP X-12's before every race/practice event. We replaced several with ceramic bearings but find there is no performance advantage.

Both bearings are larger in the LRP X-12 Stock (10.5/13.5/17.5) which have the bronze can.
Yep its a learning curve, thanks for the advice and I am learning as I go I dont mind the heat these motors produce cause I know they are fast!
Cheers
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Anyone want to help explain the difference between regualr wind and octa wind, still don't quite understand. Also, is there any performance difference between these and the x11s.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Anyone???

Originally Posted by JayBee
Anybody a LRP X12 13.5? Have you played around with the endbell timing? We're running out here with no boost (0 timing on the esc). Rollout is between 85-88mm between all drivers; just wanted a bit more infield grunt. I'm running a LRP SXX v.2 btw....

Thanks guys
Anyone???
Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Anyone want to help explain the difference between regualr wind and octa wind, still don't quite understand. Also, is there any performance difference between these and the x11s.
just based on racing with both, my octa 4.5 has alot more mid range power than the regular x12 4.5 I ran till it died and upgraded to octa

My motors come off at 150-160F every time
Old 10-07-2010, 11:36 PM

Talking ?

Originally Posted by mok
This has to be the most sexiest brushless motor I have ever seen...

I would have sex with that motor!
realy?? those holes look pretty small...
whatever fits your size i guess...

Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 PM

Questions?? whats octawind?

whats octawind refer to? and how does it effect a motor?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What is the easiest way to lube the rear bearing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.