New NiMH IP4600 Cell

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New NiMH IP4600 Cell

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darnold
Speedzone and Trinity are two different companies owned by two different people. Just because Trinity sells/imports them doesn't make the cell a poor performer and Trinity now has Dieter back which makes a HUGE difference as he is a quality guy. It may be that Trinity's selling or importing of this cell, if that is what they are doing, is an indication of the cells capability.
doesnt matter to me, those things could put my car on the gravy train with biscuit wheels , but as long as it puts any $ in provetti's pocket, I will pass.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
doesnt matter to me, those things could put my car on the gravy train with biscuit wheels , but as long as it puts any $ in provetti's pocket, I will pass.
Your sentiment is understood, but what I do not understand is how IP's are putting money into Trinity's pocket? I looked through their battery products (all 10-11 pages) and did not find IP's. Are you simply going on Cannon's post that they are IB's? Even if they are, you are then supposing that Gavin is getting them from Trinity when he may be getting them from the source which would then negate any money going into Trinity.

I guess I am just saying that correlation does not equal causation. If Gavin is getting them through Trinity then I understand your sentiment about not wanting to buy them from Speedzone BUT....if Gavin is NOT getting them through Trinity then you may want to reconsider and try a pack.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wanted to clarify some points:
  • We have contacted ROAR for approval.
  • This cell is a variation of the IB cell...no secret about that. Is it identical...hard to say but performance is very good.
  • Although we do buy from Trinity and we have a great relationship with them, these cells have not come through Trinity.
  • Speedzone is the first to market these cells in North America.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

seemed odd for infinite power to get back in the game late with 4600s and nimh for that matter.

oh well....most of the world has moved on.

R
Old 11-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't know anything about these new batteries, but just a quick note on Speedzone... I was looking for a 12R5 and thier website said they had one, I emailed to be sure it was in stock, and they got back to me right away, good communication, and I the ordered it Monday afternoon, and it was here at my door Thursday! Great customer service, fast shipping!!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
seemed odd for infinite power to get back in the game late with 4600s and nimh for that matter.

oh well....most of the world has moved on.

R
..... Hmmm......... You still need 4-cell packs for 1/12 scale racing..........

Originally Posted by Ffejdat
Great customer service, fast shipping!!
Great packs too!.......... Gavin is a true perfectionist and a very fast Racer!