Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
newbie here need some help >

newbie here need some help

newbie here need some help

Old 12-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default newbie here need some help

hello every1 i m new here so i need some help from u guys plz... i m new about this game so i need to get some more information those who can help me plz? may i know wat kind of brand tat can suit for me? wat shall i buy? wat kind of rc control tat better for me?

any1 can guide me plz?

thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcwk24
hello every1 i m new here so i need some help from u guys plz... i m new about this game so i need to get some more information those who can help me plz? may i know wat kind of brand tat can suit for me? wat shall i buy? wat kind of rc control tat better for me?

any1 can guide me plz?

thanks
Try typing in english.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2540523

This will suit you perfectly.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is a "tat"? I just want to make sure I am not missing out on some new technology!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe he would be more interested in this: http://www.hobbytron.com/4WDLamborgh...tricRCCar.html
Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This should help you.

http://aedownloads.com/pdf/BuyingElectricRC.pdf
Old 12-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Maybe he would be more interested in this: http://www.hobbytron.com/4WDLamborgh...tricRCCar.html

Wow, that thing is "shart driven". That has to get messy.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

alright guys tat is really great advuce n helping me with those toys....

anyway i just wan to know tat i m looking for electronic rc n i don wan rtr ... so i would like to ask whether tamiya or hpi brand which 1 is better for beginner? any recommend? any brand of the radio remote controller suggest? cause wat i know about the controller is m11 from sanwa n the other futaba 4pk...beside this 2 wat else do u guys recommend me?

plz tell me more thanks....
Old 12-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Go to your closest hobby shop, they will be able to help you more than strangers on the internet
Old 12-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcwk24
alright guys tat is really great advuce n helping me with those toys....

anyway i just wan to know tat i m looking for electronic rc n i don wan rtr ... so i would like to ask whether tamiya or hpi brand which 1 is better for beginner? any recommend? any brand of the radio remote controller suggest? cause wat i know about the controller is m11 from sanwa n the other futaba 4pk...beside this 2 wat else do u guys recommend me?

plz tell me more thanks....

it's "thnx" not "thanks" and its "bside" not "beside" .. If you are going to spell poorly and use text type short hand try and be consistent.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Go to your closest hobby shop, they will be able to help you more than strangers on the internet
+1 Also, if he is new to the hobby, we definatly aren't making him feel welcome by being dicks. But at the same time, you need to try to NOT USE SHORTHAND as most of us on here truelly hate it. To me, nothing is more annoying then that. My fiance uses it all the time when she texts me and it DRIVES ME NUTS. Please, when you leave messages here, type things out NORMALLY, you'll get alot more friendlier answers to what you are asking.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

I had an extremely hard time reading that post, but i think you are asking which is better, Tamyia or HPI, right? Before i answer this, keep one thing in mind. For the most part, Losi, Associated, HPI, Tamyia, Xray, all the larger companys, are pretty close to being on par with each other when it comes to higher end cars. You need to look at a few things. One is price. I run all Associated stuff for a few reasons. One, i'm brand loyal, been runnin AE stuff since i was in 8th grade. Two, parts availability. I can walk into just about any hobby shop and buy parts for my cars. Three, when comparing my TC5 to the X-ray car, the X-ray car cost damn close to $500 new, and my TC5 performs on the track just as good in the same hands as someone who drives the X-ray car and it cost $150 less. But, back to the question at hand, which is better, Tamyia or HPI, in my opinion Tamyia. Thier cars are tried and true, the've been around since this hobby started. And tamyia has a line of cars that start at the beginner's level all the way up to pro level cars. As far as the radios go, i wouldn't get either one of those radios. Way too many bells and wistles for a beginner. I would look at the Spectrum radios. Definately cheaper and much easier to use and all the basic functions work just as well as the M11 or the 4PK. Just my $.02.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
I had an extremely hard time reading that post, but i think you are asking which is better, Tamyia or HPI, right? Before i answer this, keep one thing in mind. For the most part, Losi, Associated, HPI, Tamyia, Xray, all the larger companys, are pretty close to being on par with each other when it comes to higher end cars. You need to look at a few things. One is price. I run all Associated stuff for a few reasons. One, i'm brand loyal, been runnin AE stuff since i was in 8th grade. Two, parts availability. I can walk into just about any hobby shop and buy parts for my cars. Three, when comparing my TC5 to the X-ray car, the X-ray car cost damn close to $500 new, and my TC5 performs on the track just as good in the same hands as someone who drives the X-ray car and it cost $150 less. But, back to the question at hand, which is better, Tamyia or HPI, in my opinion Tamyia. Thier cars are tried and true, the've been around since this hobby started. And tamyia has a line of cars that start at the beginner's level all the way up to pro level cars. As far as the radios go, i wouldn't get either one of those radios. Way too many bells and wistles for a beginner. I would look at the Spectrum radios. Definately cheaper and much easier to use and all the basic functions work just as well as the M11 or the 4PK. Just my $.02.
That's what I would have recamended myself. Tamyia has been around for as long as I have been doing this and they just keep getting better. Also, you can go into just about any hobby shop in the country and get parts for them. When starting out, keep things simple, my m11 has way to many things and I don't use most of them. A MX3 with spectrum on it I think is the way to go. Simple radio and easy to set up.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you guys here.

May I know what does the 4PK and M11 function have? And what so different between 4PK, M11 and MX3 with spectrum? Can anyone tell me in details please?

Is pro kit suitable for beginner?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

The MX3 is going to have your typical settings, steering and throttle endpoints, dual rate, programable third channel. The other radios are going to have throttle punch, steering punch and speed, a bunch of other stuff that would leave a newbee with his head spinning (in fact, my KO ProPo Helios radio still leaves my head spinning with all that it can do and i've been doing this for years). I bought my radio because it's comfortable and i got it at a really good price. Before that i had a JR XS3 Pro before that and that one was nice too. The Spectrum radios are basically the same as the XS3 but with spectrum technology
Old 12-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

If you are new to this hobby I would recommend going to your local hobby shop and talk to the professionals there. I would look at getting a Ready To Run (RTR) car. An RTR will inlcude the car and radio. All you will need to get is a battery and charger. Getting a "Pro" radio would be overkill for a beginner unless you have unlimited income. If you like the RTR you can always get another more expensive kit. Most people on these boards that are "serious" have thousands of dollars in their cars. Your local hobby shop (LHS) will have the best answers for you. You can get a ready to run for around $300. I have seen guys at the track that are very capable with an RTR. Your driving skill has more to do with lap times than the car. Sure, you could spend over $1000 for the "best" setup and come in last to a group of RTR cars. I would set a budget and buy your RC around that. Do you plan on racing? What is your budget? Is there a local hobby shop near your house?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.