Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Mabuchi,Johnson,Lemans 540 motor thread. >

Mabuchi,Johnson,Lemans 540 motor thread.

Mabuchi,Johnson,Lemans 540 motor thread.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Utieh, do not water dip or in other way break in that black can motor (except the bushings)! The brushes are sooooo soft, they wear out quickly. I know a few people didn't know this at the North American finals (we used the black cans in GT2) and ruined their motors. Their best runs are normally the first 4, and then there's a significant drop off.
thanks .
I will only oil the bushing and put some Tribo on the comm.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

One thing too about that link for motor break in. It's talking about using cotton bud (q-tips), and it mentions in there that some cotton can get caught up in one of the slots in the comm. You can get a foam swab the will to the same thing as these, but to not fall apart like a cotton swab will. I know RadioShack sells these, and you can find them other places as well.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post GT3?

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
One thing too about that link for motor break in. It's talking about using cotton bud (q-tips), and it mentions in there that some cotton can get caught up in one of the slots in the comm. You can get a foam swab the will to the same thing as these, but to not fall apart like a cotton swab will. I know RadioShack sells these, and you can find them other places as well.
So Gary...does all this 540 talk mean you will run the GT3 class again this year

BTW the "new" chassis shows promise for that class
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

So Gary...does all this 540 talk mean you will run the GT3 class again this year
Oh, can I get a "Hell Yeah!"? You should know I can't drive a fast car, so I need to drive a slow car fast .
Besides, after 2001, the mabuchi class owes me one
Old 02-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Gary,

Will you be making to trip to the left coast for Reedy?
Old 02-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

I sure hope so. The latest calandar with who's covering what didn't have the Reedy Race listed, but I've had the bug in Greg's ear for 4 months saying I wanted to cover it. It helps that I know the area, know the track and all too. I think I am going, but not 100%. BUT....I am covering the TCS Nats again this year!! I just hope there's another has-been, er, past champions race so I can get another photo of a 4 car fender bender like I did this past year