When will Novak replace the GTB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will Novak replace the GTB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default When will Novak replace the GTB?

I would like to know if Novak has any plans to replace the GTB with a new brushless speed control? I want to get back into the hobby, it seams the GTB is some years old. Am I correct? I don't want to buy the GTB and a new esc comes out?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Good question, but I dont see anything new comming out right now, especially with the economy at a stand still. Novak did within the last few years update the GTB with a 2.4Ghz model, and 4 cell specific GTB. Novak has just revamped the XBR too and lowered the price, it now called the Havok to compete with the less expensive units you can buy from Castle, and Tekin. I personally have 1 GTB 2.4Ghz and its been flawless, but would like to see Novak's next high end BL system smaller like the Tekin's, and get away from the flashy lights set-up procedure, I'm spoiled now on PC programming.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

at the local track, a novak sponsored driver sent in all his old gtb's for software update and he got the new slyder esc's in return he told me. he said they are supposed to have a smoother throttle response and be quicker response. he says the slyder esc will probably replace the gtb slowly because he is using it in a buggy and the updated software.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I hope they do soon. I love Novak, but the GTB is way too old, so I went Speed Passion.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I have had good experiences with Novak, but if there product is out of date, I'll have to go with someone else.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The GTB is still good if not the best out there, we all know we cant go wrong with its safety features and customer support from the team. anyway, i dont see any reason for the novak guys to replace it.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cant believe you guys are crying because Novak hasnt fixed something that isnt broke. A couple of new features or smaller size, sure that would be great. The Novak is bullet proof. Theres nothing wrong with it.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I cant believe you guys are crying because Novak hasnt fixed something that isnt broke. A couple of new features or smaller size, sure that would be great. The Novak is bullet proof. Theres nothing wrong with it.
You see guys crying in the posts above? Really?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The GTB is like CRT monitors. They work great, but they are so big, and nobody wants them.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey NOVAK! i think the rc community is calling you out. can you guys come out with something spectacular to shut us up? or did someone show you up by calling your products old. P.S.- and yes i do run NOVAK in my vehicles.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yeah I've been waiting for a smaller version of the GTB.

That would be nice.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
You see guys crying in the posts above? Really?
Originally Posted by RCSteve93
The GTB is like CRT monitors. They work great, but they are so big, and nobody wants them.
I just get sick of the idea that everything you have has to be completely redesigned every two years. So yeah it just sounds like complaining to me. I think a GTB does what it is supposed to do. Its not any bigger than a TC LRP.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I just get sick of the idea that everything you have has to be completely redesigned every two years. So yeah it just sounds like complaining to me. I think a GTB does what it is supposed to do. Its not any bigger than a TC LRP.
True...but they are both bigger then the Tekin RS and the KO that is currently in development.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

hi , do you guys know if i can compare the GTB vs the LRP comp in matter of brakes ?
I was wondering wich one had better brakes , even at theire highest profile for brakes ?
Thanks , any help is much appreciated
Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I agree GTB is indestructible. My friend bought GTB and 3.5R combo since 1.5 years it has been in 2 pan cars and a boat. They have reversed polarities accidentaly and ran 7c NiMH in the boat cooked it, but still works like new one. ESC`s death was predicted after boat experiment, but it`s still alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.