Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will Novak replace the GTB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The reason the GTB is not popular is that the other escs have electronic timing in the software. Most guys run the LRP because of that reason.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
The GTB is like CRT monitors. They work great, but they are so big, and nobody wants them.
Last time I looked, the footprint of the SpeedPassion GT was larger than the Novak GTB, and the SpeedPassion GT has its receiver harness coming straight out of the case which makes its effective footprint even larger. For a good time, try installing a SpeedPassion in a TA-05.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
The reason the GTB is not popular is that the other escs have electronic timing in the software. Most guys run the LRP because of that reason.
I think the newer GTB's and the Slyder also have this feature now.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't want to buy the GTB only for a newer version to come out soon.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I got a refurb GTB for my VTA car. I think it was $90 and included a warranty. For what it does, it still does a fine job at great price.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
Last time I looked, the footprint of the SpeedPassion GT was larger than the Novak GTB, and the SpeedPassion GT has its receiver harness coming straight out of the case which makes its effective footprint even larger. For a good time, try installing a SpeedPassion in a TA-05.
yes you are correct. the SP esc has a larger footprint. but the GTB can't be mounted on its side. alot of SP owners install the esc on its side, being very effective on space issues.if you own or ever seen a team losi jrxs type-r you will understand.that car has practically no space compared to the TA-05. you can buy a small esc like new tekin RS or SP GT or SP LPF and it will fit.forget about the GTB for the type-r.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
yes you are correct. the SP esc has a larger footprint. but the GTB can't be mounted on its side. alot of SP owners install the esc on its side, being very effective on space issues.if you own or ever seen a team losi jrxs type-r you will understand.that car has practically no space compared to the TA-05. you can buy a small esc like new tekin RS or SP GT or SP LPF and it will fit.forget about the GTB for the type-r.
My GTB fit just fine when I ran the type R
Old 11-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

brushless motors and controllers have been around for a looonnnggg time outside of RC cars so dont be surprised if things dont progress too fast now because everything that the industrial manufacturers incorporate into their controllers has now been added to RC systems. RC is a tiny fish in the brushless world that has tagged onto the brushless 'everything' craze in industry. the really big developements will come from where the big dollars are like in robotics and military stuff, but who knows, maybe Novak will hit the jackpot with some new technology.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

I'd like to see a 3S GTB for those times that my 3.5r seems slow
Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I really don't see any problem with the GTB. I love Novak. Awesome customer service, great product. I like LRP also. But why change something that works?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I really like the GTB 4 Cell in my Speed Merch and it has a really nice throttle curve..... No complants so far.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like to see offline programming added to the GTB. I am color
blind , and almost 65% of men are color blind, but probably wouldn't even know it. It makes it hard on the eyes when the lights start going or trying to read them at an angle. The other thing that annoys me , when you put
on the serial number sticker on the gtb, don't put it over the lights.
I have a couple of the Gtb's. The size of them don't bug me use them for off road. The motors have held up great. I think my next ESC to try will be a
Losi Esc Ex.

Dynodan22
Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I think the newer GTB's and the Slyder also have this feature now.
where does this info come from, I know drivers who get orange straight from the factory and have switched to lrp and been happier. Everyone says the lrp has more punch.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by magerp
I would like to know if Novak has any plans to replace the GTB with a new brushless speed control? I want to get back into the hobby, it seams the GTB is some years old. Am I correct? I don't want to buy the GTB and a new esc comes out?

I believe Novak will have new model very soon since China version GTB is coming soon (I believe a lot of people saw that C-GTB in ihobby show).
Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
i am using the GTB right now in my losi type-R, never had a single problem.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
My GTB fit just fine when I ran the type R
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.