Search

ZX racing batteries!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by mike_Webb
After reading that I don't think it is something I would try
i guess it doesnt hurt if your doing it a over run pack thats almost dead! im trying it out to see if i could still revive my sanyo 3000HV. hope it works
Old 10-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to let everyone here know about our new October Special. 2 Packs of ZX Racing Silver Packs (6 GP3300 Cells each, 1.165-1.169 AV) for only $79.95 and this includes shipping in the continental US.

We also updated our other product prices. You can see the specials here.

Thanks,

John
Old 10-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

That is a great deal
Old 10-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

hmmm i just noticed something quite interesting now the zxracing batteries are cheaper then the fukuyamaracing batteries
by quite alot (except for the 1.175-1.179 which neither have in stock)

so why are people still buying fukuyama
the prices are quite differant when u are buying a few packs and the costomer service with zx racing batteries is unbeatable

GO ZX BATTERIES
Old 10-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Regional Moderator

guess we have to try it out to tell the difference!
Old 10-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

I think people are still buying the Fukuyama packs because there are a lot of followers. I ran my Fuku packs against a guy with ZXRacing packs and both our cars performed the same...Same Car, same setup, same tires, same gearing. I had newer brushes in my motor and his were worn down. The Numbers on the cells were real close and neither of us had a advantage.... Until he t-boned me and I had to play catch-up!!!

The big question is who can supply the cells when they are needed. Last year it was crazy trying to get Pro-Match packs because everyone was getting them...Now with Fuku packs some of the better numbers are hard to get.

John has great customer service and his packs are going to be the same as any other packs out there. If I was looking for value for the Money then I would get the ZX-Racing packs. I know in 3 weeks we have a big Carpet Race here and I will be using his packs...and I will feel comfortable running against the SMC Drivers and Pro-Match sponsered drivers.

I will also be running his packs down at Snowbirds. Last year I was running the Pro-Match Packs down there and was lucky enough to get some high end SMC Cells while down there so it made a big difference in 19turn and stock....This year I will not be worried about getting the power I need to stay competitive.

Old 10-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by zxracing
I do not recommend dead shorting cells. All the testing I've done has shown the it causes the cells to quickly start degrading.

Here's a thread about it...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=25137
I've been deadshorting my GP 3300's for about 6 months now. The runtime has decreased but the voltage and internal numbers when cycled as a pack are better then the original cell label. If you run modified and runtime is an issue, don't deadshort. If you race stock or 19T and runtime isn't an issue, deadshorting will improve the performance of the pack. For more information check out: http://www.smc-racing.com/gp3300dchr.html
Old 10-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Regional Moderator

i just got my first pack of ZX batteries and im wondering how should i put them together. from high to low voltage? IR? run time?
Old 10-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Regional Moderator

its nice how john includes battery bars with the pack, but what is that black stuff on them?
Old 10-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

can you take a picture of the Black stuff?

As for how to put them together... I never really put them in any special way..although I have bought 5 packs and I swapped some cells with different packs to closly match voltage.

Shoot John a e-mail. I am sure he will tell you the best way to do it.

Mike Webb
Old 10-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Disaster999

Are you referring to black stuff on the battery bars? I have a fresh bag of 100 Deans bars that I grabbed yours out of, I just looked in the bag and low and behold some of the bars do have some black stuff on them. It almost looks like they've been burned or something. Very bizarre since this was brand new bag that I just opened the other day and has only been sitting in my drawer.

Anyway, I apologize for the black stuff. I'll send you three new (non-blackened) bars via regular mail tomorrow.

John

Originally posted by disaster999
its nice how john includes battery bars with the pack, but what is that black stuff on them?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Now that is customer service.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by zxracing
Disaster999

Are you referring to black stuff on the battery bars? I have a fresh bag of 100 Deans bars that I grabbed yours out of, I just looked in the bag and low and behold some of the bars do have some black stuff on them. It almost looks like they've been burned or something. Very bizarre since this was brand new bag that I just opened the other day and has only been sitting in my drawer.

Anyway, I apologize for the black stuff. I'll send you three new (non-blackened) bars via regular mail tomorrow.

John
oh...thanks john! haha..what great service!
what about how should i put the packs together? is theres a special order i have to put them in to get the best performance? or it doenst really matter?

once again, thanks john!
Old 10-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Disaster,

It shouldn't really matter what order you put the packs together in since the batteries are all so close in performance, that's the advantage of having matched batteries .

John

John
Old 10-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

do u guys assemble packs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.