Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tire Warmer Machine "Muchmore" >

Tire Warmer Machine "Muchmore"

Tire Warmer Machine "Muchmore"

Old 06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
dug up this thread...looking for some help. Looking at this unit and the cheaper cups & controller also. I'm fairly new to rubber tires and when looking at the cups only, not the IC unit.... they list different cup sizes... much more's web states these fit sorex...these fit Rp, takeoff, tamayi's slicks.

We are running spec tires.. jaco blues. which are approx. 62mm diameter. I can't find any info on the other brand tires diameter. I'm concerned the cups may be too large or too small and either not fit or be loose and not heat evenly.

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the cups for the MM IC control unit? Are all the cups (black, purple, blue model) all the same ID? Or can tell me how the jaco fit on the IC unit's cups?

Thanks for any help.

Linky to the choices
I run that unit with JACO blues no problem, enough room for a tire rag, which is more to keep the cups from scratching up and still keep some sauce on the tire at the same time. You can run with out the rags, but it just makes for a easier clean up at the end of the day.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Thanks.

sauce a problem w/ the alumium cups? Hum....didn't think that would be an issue w/ the alum. I know what I use just degrades plastic easily...but haven't see any issues w/ any type of metals. Simple enough to remedy if I see it causing damage...I saw the tissue thread! LOL.

Thanks again. think I'll order it.

The blue shop paper towels work great. Cut each sheet into four and they are perfect size and can be reused a couple of times.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys. I've ordered the IC unit in black...figured the extra options may be useful. ...maybe one day the black model will be come the 'speedster' edition! lol.

appreshiate the info/help.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Actually got more questions... what temp & how long you typically using? ..and do heat cycles have a big effect on hardening the rubber?

I've been using a heat gun to temp my tires after runs, I ususally see 97-109ish temps on the tires after a run outdoors, maybe 10* less indoors. I figured I set the warmers at 110*? What is a suffucient time for the warmers to get the tires fully warmed throughout? 10min enough? Another racer I run w/ said much longer..but once the tire is completely up to temp throughout would prolonged heat over cook the tires?

I use to race sportbikes and know on those tires, heat cycles do effect the tires...they tend to harden the rubber... And you don't want to over cook them by leaving them on for hours. I assume the rc rubber tires would still have similar properties but anything noticable?...I duno... I didn't every use traction compound either so I just duno the characteristics of typical rc rubber.

sorry been running Foams til recently and trying to learn all I can on the rubberz side.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anyone has one in good condition for sale, please PM me. A blue one would be best!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually got more questions... what temp & how long you typically using? ..and do heat cycles have a big effect on hardening the rubber?

I've been using a heat gun to temp my tires after runs, I ususally see 97-109ish temps on the tires after a run outdoors, maybe 10* less indoors. I figured I set the warmers at 110*? What is a suffucient time for the warmers to get the tires fully warmed throughout? 10min enough? Another racer I run w/ said much longer..but once the tire is completely up to temp throughout would prolonged heat over cook the tires?

I use to race sportbikes and know on those tires, heat cycles do effect the tires...they tend to harden the rubber... And you don't want to over cook them by leaving them on for hours. I assume the rc rubber tires would still have similar properties but anything noticable?...I duno... I didn't every use traction compound either so I just duno the characteristics of typical rc rubber.

sorry been running Foams til recently and trying to learn all I can on the rubberz side.

Thanks.
i usually warm my tyres for 10 mins on 80 degrees then lower it to 60 for about 20 to 30 mins

then some times when i'm at my club and they are slow to start us off the grid i boost them to max for 5 mins to get more heat into the insert , keeps the tyre warmer longer

if you read the back of the tyre sauce it will give you excact times and temps

the Marc Rhienard stuff i use says put it on , leave it for 10 mins and then bake for 20 but i bake for longer and the sauce is gone and the tyre is warm and sticky
Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

You'll be surprised how fast they will warm up the tires....

I did an experiment last week, my tires were sitting at an ambient temp of 70' I I put the IC on 110' and it took only 3 mins to get them to that temp.... very quick

I also did an experiment on how long the tires would hold the heat (perhaps how long I had before my heat) They didnt drop below 100' for another 3 mins. I use the Sweep refresher on my tires and start the warmers about 4mins before my heat and theyre always ready to go in that amount of time. These make a huge difference here, even running in the heat of summer. I notice my tires have lasted longer because I'm not out there spinning them in warmup. My car is hooked up from the time they touch the surface. They're expensive but worth it IMO.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Should arrive today... Race this weekend...I'll report my experience with it and any differences I see (w/ the 17.5/Jaco blue spec class we've been running)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

mess with it some last night... FYI: I didn't get it for TA but had to try ...TA tires won't fit in the cups...well new TA tires might fit but won't come out easy...old/ballooned tires won't fit at all. I guess you need the Large cups.

My jacos fit just fine. now just have determine my routine and tweak my process/timing...