Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Our Weight Limit now Reduced from 1450 to 1350 Grams !
I'm wondering Should we use any Lighter or Heavier Shock Oil?
Or can we stick with what ever we used before with 1450 Grams?
Thanx in advance
Old 10-28-2009, 01:02 AM
RC8
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Traction rolling with rubber

Hi all, I'm having traction rolling issues. After reading the roll center bit in the Xray Bible, I've set my car up with very high roll centers. I also have the stock sway bars on it. I've reglued my tire beads.

We are running on CRC carpet about 1 year old. I would say the traction level is medium high. I'm running RP-30 tires.

What else has a big effect on traction rolling? Bigger sway bars? Harder tires? Stiffer springs? Stiffer shock oil?

In the assembly manual where it is describing the lower arm pivot height, it has the US foam spec lower than the EU rubber spec. That seems wrong to me since you would want a higher roll center for foam, right?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Does anybody know where i can get parts for the t2 009 online?

any help would be great.. thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nexus Racing has everything you should need and great prices.

Curtis
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8
Hi all, I'm having traction rolling issues. After reading the roll center bit in the Xray Bible, I've set my car up with very high roll centers. I also have the stock sway bars on it. I've reglued my tire beads.

We are running on CRC carpet about 1 year old. I would say the traction level is medium high. I'm running RP-30 tires.

What else has a big effect on traction rolling? Bigger sway bars? Harder tires? Stiffer springs? Stiffer shock oil?
Larger anti-roll bars
Higher roll center (lower control arm and upper tie rod)
Lower center of gravity
Lower ride height
Stiffer springs and oil
Harder compound rubber tire
Old 10-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8

In the assembly manual where it is describing the lower arm pivot height, it has the US foam spec lower than the EU rubber spec. That seems wrong to me since you would want a higher roll center for foam, right?
Post your setup and it will be disected with a fine tooth comb.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kraig
+1

Also, wider front track.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 on Nexus!

For foam I always run either the +.75 holders both front and rear, or +.75 front and 0 (neutral) rear. Then, you can play with your roll center using the upper camber link mounts and/or shims on the caster blocks/rear uprights.

For my foam car I always start out with approximately 30 lbs of springage in the front and around 17 in the rear. I also like my front shock oil to be about 20-30 wt. thicker than the rear. And FINALLY, I run regular Jaco Double Pinks in the rear, and Double Pink/Orange in the front. The orange foam helps take out a little of that outside bite the tires get. Hope some of these tips help. You can also go to XRAY's website and browse through their driver's setup sheets. They all make great places to start with.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
RC8
Suspended

Thanks for the tips. I don't have any stiffer sway bars at the moment but I will try stiffer springs and oil.

Also, is there a lbs/in conversion for the black springs that come with the kit?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Traction Roll

Also, on the traction roll issue...
While various adjustments listed in the book will, technically, lessen grip (ie bars, high roll centers, shock adjustments, etc.), these adjustments also effect the way the car drives, feels.
If you can, stay as close to the basic setup first, and try to trim off excess grip with tires/inserts/wheels and traction compound setups. Otherwise, it's easy to end up with a car that doesn't traction roll, but is a pain in the a$$ to drive--or that just doesn't feel dialed.
Also, the car is always fastest right up until the point it leaves the track!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
RC8
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kraig
Disect away! It still is borderline traction rolling, it needs to be driven very smoothly to prevent traction rolls. It is, however, pretty fast. I got within .1 second of Jeremy's lap record.
Attached Thumbnails -setup.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8
Disect away! It still is borderline traction rolling, it needs to be driven very smoothly to prevent traction rolls. It is, however, pretty fast. I got within .1 second of Jeremy's lap record.
If it's only 'just' rolling I would put 1.9mm of spacing instead of the 1.5mm for front track width. Maybe even a wider wheel hex or a spacer. I also see your front shocks are stood up all the way as well. Going down a hole or 2 will reduce intial turn in and keep it on all fours on entry. This will slightly increase mid-corner bite over the front of the car so it could develope into something else(rolling later in the turn).

I personally never run as much camber gain with my upper links like I see in your set-up either. But you've obviously done enough with it to get it working well on your track so...

Traction roll is one of those things that are very hard to disect without seing the car ontrack.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree with Joe, try going wider either with inboard spacers or just try the wider hexes.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 1st thing I would try is widening the car at the bulkheads. Go from 1.5mm to 2mm. Then next thing I would do is take some of the camber gain out of the front of the car. I would use the 1mm shims under the front ball stud and then change your quick roll center to the number 4 position.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

What kind of steering servo are you guys running in the 009, looking to finish up by build, thats the last piece i need to get it on the carpet and start testing>>>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.