Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default ECS) Drive Shaft

?

Last edited by Goingfast; 05-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 540

HI GUYS,

WIL LA 540 MOTOR FIT INTO A 09 WITH OUT ANY MODIFICATIONS.

REGARDS

BRAD
Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OHBRAD
HI GUYS,

WIL LA 540 MOTOR FIT INTO A 09 WITH OUT ANY MODIFICATIONS.

REGARDS

BRAD
It the same part# as the 008 and you need to grind the 008 one a little to fit a silver can.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo523
Cpt.America did your lipo weights came in? Did you get a chance to try them out?
Hey Revo... so I finally got my Lipos today and am sitting here working on my car balance. And I have to say, while the Xray lipo weights are aesthetically very very nice... they don't even come close to balancing the car. So far, it seems that I still have to add ~45-50 grams on the battery side to get it balanced. Considering the Xray weights weigh ~60-65 grams... I don't really see the point. Isn't the point to keep from having to add a dozen crappy looking lead weights all over your chassis? It seems to me they could of gotten MUCH closer to required weight. I guess I was a little too hopefull in that they would take care of the balance by themselves.

I also have the manutech lipo weight tray, and it is designed to be a SMIDGE too heavy, and you drill out a half dozen pre-drilled holes, to go lighter if you need. And with THAT tray on my Xray, it seems like the battery side is about 15 grams too heavy... which should be easy enough to drill out of the tray.

And with the manutech tray, the majority of the weight is actually level with the chassis (it sits IN the battery holes, as well as on the outside of the chassis) Which I would imagine would lower your center of gravity, as apposed to placing lead weights on TOP of your chassis.

hhmm... thoughts?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had to add weight also but not that much. How does your car feel after adding these weights? My car feels like a different animal. Do you just balance left to right or do you also do front and rear? I have a integy weight system but dont know how to balance the car with it.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xraysteve
I have a setup question. what are some things you could try to get rid of a hook. I go around the corner and when I get on the gas the car just wants to spin the way I was just turned. It is not really loose. It just wants to keep going in a circle and not straighten up. This is on asphalt.
Check your rear diff this must be running super smooth, please clean it carefully and use Trinity diff lube for your diff.
If the car want go on in the corner try to set the droop so that the car ride heigth is 5mm then pull the car up and with 6mm the wheels must come off from the surface.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys my car gets loose mid corner and only sweeping but doesnt completely rotate just steps out and catches....any suggestions carpet low grip....
Old 05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

I had to add weight also but not that much. How does your car feel after adding these weights? My car feels like a different animal. Do you just balance left to right or do you also do front and rear? I have a integy weight system but dont know how to balance the car with it.
Not that much? well... I guess you are running lighter electonics, or a heavier lipo? It just seems to me they could of made them a bit closer to the actual amount of weight that was needed?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im running a tekin rs pro with a novak 13.5 and a jr servo and a micro receiver and in the other side i have a smc 5200. I bought a 1 oz lead and didnt have to use it all to balance it.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Lord

Im running a tekin rs pro with a novak 13.5 and a jr servo and a micro receiver and in the other side i have a smc 5200. I bought a 1 oz lead and didnt have to use it all to balance it.
im running a redline 17.5, RS pro, 603 standard size recevier, and a futaba 9951 slim servo. Battery weighs 230 grams I believe.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Hey guys my car gets loose mid corner and only sweeping but doesnt completely rotate just steps out and catches....any suggestions carpet low grip....
Lower the roll center on the rear and/or stand up the front shocks one hole.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
im running a redline 17.5, RS pro, 603 standard size recevier, and a futaba 9951 slim servo. Battery weighs 230 grams I believe.
most of the 5000+mah Lipo's are up around 280-300g eg. SMC

The xray lipo weights aren't going to do much for left/right balance because they are so close to the centre line of the chassis.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Hey Revo... so I finally got my Lipos today and am sitting here working on my car balance. And I have to say, while the Xray lipo weights are aesthetically very very nice... they don't even come close to balancing the car. So far, it seems that I still have to add ~45-50 grams on the battery side to get it balanced. Considering the Xray weights weigh ~60-65 grams... I don't really see the point. Isn't the point to keep from having to add a dozen crappy looking lead weights all over your chassis? It seems to me they could of gotten MUCH closer to required weight. I guess I was a little too hopefull in that they would take care of the balance by themselves.

I also have the manutech lipo weight tray, and it is designed to be a SMIDGE too heavy, and you drill out a half dozen pre-drilled holes, to go lighter if you need. And with THAT tray on my Xray, it seems like the battery side is about 15 grams too heavy... which should be easy enough to drill out of the tray.

And with the manutech tray, the majority of the weight is actually level with the chassis (it sits IN the battery holes, as well as on the outside of the chassis) Which I would imagine would lower your center of gravity, as apposed to placing lead weights on TOP of your chassis.

hhmm... thoughts?

I can understand what you are saying, but it sounds like you are using a light lipo. with my setup of a 17.5 Duo, KO BMC with fan and heat sink, KO 2.4g receiver, a Futaba BLS451 servo, and personal transponder I had to add 25g's and an SMC 5200 40C pack with the Xray lipo balance weight. The car is balanced.

I think Xray hit the right weight with these weights. At least it is working for me. I do not think any manufacture can make a balanced car with the way lipo is right now.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I can understand what you are saying, but it sounds like you are using a light lipo. with my setup of a 17.5 Duo, KO BMC with fan and heat sink, KO 2.4g receiver, a Futaba BLS451 servo, and personal transponder I had to add 25g's and an SMC 5200 40C pack with the Xray lipo balance weight. The car is balanced.

I think Xray hit the right weight with these weights. At least it is working for me. I do not think any manufacture can make a balanced car with the way lipo is right now.
With the SMC 5200 at an angle on a PPD lipo tray I had to add weight to the electronics side! But it didn't make a difference as I needed weight to make 1500 grams... I used this same set up but with older SMC 5000 on my last car (008) and had to add to the battery side. The 5200 is a TANK! lol
Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kody
With the SMC 5200 at an angle on a PPD lipo tray I had to add weight to the electronics side! But it didn't make a difference as I needed weight to make 1500 grams... I used this same set up but with older SMC 5000 on my last car (008) and had to add to the battery side. The 5200 is a TANK! lol
Well, I just got done balancing my 009. I took the Xray weights off, and went back to the manutech lipo tray. With the car all weighted up, the battery side was a bit heavier... so I slowly but surely drilled out the tapped holes in the tray one by one, larger and larger, until the car perfectly balanced out. Now the car is 100% balanced left to right, and I don't have a single lead weight taped to the car. That, and the fact that the majority of the weight of the manutech tray actually sits INSIDE the battery holes in the chassis, lowering CG... im convinced its the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.