Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm gonna try the 302077 bearing holders. They should give a tad more slack in the belt. My car was plenty fast over the weekend. Won at both tracks. I'm just scared of prematurely wearing out my bearings.

This is my layout. I switched from the LRP to the Tekin to get electronics space on this car.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where did you get these rubber conversions from?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Where did you get these rubber conversions from?
Bradd,

They are available from Nexus Racing in the USA. It costs $72USD (fwd motor kit)

The pulley kit is not in stock at the moment.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So i was looking over my xray tonight, just trying to plan out how I am going to lay out my electronics... and I found a question. Does anybody ever mount their receicer... standing on its side, in FRONT of the battery? A typical micro receiver, standing on its side clears both the little slot for battery tape, and the steering assembly / tire. It would seem to me a decent way to get a more natural balance out of the car.

Is this a good idea? bad idea? something I am not thinking of?

Cpt.
i have been putting the pt on the right front instead.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I'm gonna try the 302077 bearing holders. They should give a tad more slack in the belt. My car was plenty fast over the weekend. Won at both tracks. I'm just scared of prematurely wearing out my bearings.
Just take out that slow-poke 17.5 and strap in a 4.5 for 1 run...that'll loosen up the belts !
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xray shocks Rant !!!!!!

Why oh why are xray still using these crappy shocks !!!! years of development and the shock are still crap. For the price I paid for the kit I expect alloy shock bodies not cheapy plastic Any advise on building these things would be handy before I throw them in the bin
Old 04-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Why oh why are xray still using these crappy shocks !!!! years of development and the shock are still crap. For the price I paid for the kit I expect alloy shock bodies not cheapy plastic Any advise on building these things would be handy before I throw them in the bin
Whats wrong with plastic? If they aren't leaking... then there isn't any difference except for that the plastic bodies are lighter. Maybe instead of coming in here whining and bitching, you could describe the exact issues you are having?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

The whole XRAY team runs these crappy shocks you talk about ...They have won many races...Just follow the directions...You can update to aluminiun shocks...If you still have problems send me email [email protected]ater Drew
Why oh why are xray still using these crappy shocks !!!! years of development and the shock are still crap. For the price I paid for the kit I expect alloy shock bodies not cheapy plastic * Any advise on building these things would be handy before I throw them in the bin
Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Like Drew said just follow the directions. The "crappy" shocks are very good if you get them right. I reccomend buying a Hudy Shock Tool. This will stop nearly all leaking problems if you get it tight enough.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Whats wrong with plastic? If they aren't leaking... then there isn't any difference except for that the plastic bodies are lighter. Maybe instead of coming in here whining and bitching, you could describe the exact issues you are having?
wow thanks for the help cpt america, that was really help full thanks !!!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Fill them up as with any other shock (I didn't bother with the foam inserts.)

When trying to set rebound etc, do it all with the shock upside down.
When pushing the shock rod in and out to set the rebound do it VERY VERY slowly, and return it slowly.

It's a painfull process which I also hate, so try to get them to match the first time.

In case you're wondering, the alloy shocks are no easier to fill and set the rebound!

Skiddins
Old 04-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Just take out that slow-poke 17.5 and strap in a 4.5 for 1 run...that'll loosen up the belts !
I wish we did run mod out here! Maybe I just need to move to Europe! Hey, do you guys run any asphalt out there? My friend was thinking about heading that way during the summer just to get out and try different tracks.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Are you sure it's the crappy shocks or the crappy builder building the crappy shocks? But seriously, there's nothing wrong with them. What problem are you having with them?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was wondering if i can get some opinions. preferably unbiased opinions, but I know that might be asking too much since this is a topic specific thread, but here it is.

I am going to be buying a new touring car for carpet, but not sure if I should get a '009 or not and here is why.

A couple of years ago I sold my corally RDX for a '007. Not for any particular reason, I mean I liked my RDX, I just wanted to try an xray. I liked the quality and craftmanship of xray. Well, i hated the 007. I was slower with the '007, i even talked to people from ralph burch to Paul himself about set-up and nothing worked for me. By that time the corally PHI came out and I bought one of those and I love it. But I still catch myself browsing the xray website and checking things out. Well the corally '09 is coming out and I am finding myself wanting to try another xray. Now I am sure the '009 is a better car than the '007 was and I am allot better driver I was 2 years ago, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the previous experience. so, should I Stay with Corally, or try Xray again?

Last edited by kobiwan; 04-22-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I was wondering if i can get some opinions. preferably unbiased opinions, but I know that might be asking too much since this is a topic specific thread, but here it is.

I am going to be buying a new touring car for carpet, but not sure if I should get a '009 or not and here is why.

A couple of years ago I sold my corally RDX for a '007. Not for any particular reaon, I mean I liked my RDX, I just wanted to try an xray. I liked the quality and craftmanship of xray. Well, i hated the 007. I was slower with the '007, i even talked to people from ralph burch to Paul himself about set-up and nothing worked for me. By that time the corally PHI came out and I bought one of those and I love it. But I still catch myself browsing the xray website and checking things out. Well the corally '09 is coming out and I am finding myself wanting to try another xray. Now I am sure the '009 is a better car than the '007 was and I am allot better driver I was 2 years ago, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the previous experience. so, should I Stay with Corally, or try Xray again?
I love my 009, but if you like the Corally why switch? It's actually great to have some variety of cars on the track. If you're fast with the RDX there's no need to switch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.