R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Ko Propo Helios...Anyone use one? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/25037-ko-propo-helios-anyone-use-one.html)

wyd 09-28-2003 07:28 AM

Ko Propo Helios...Anyone use one?

Looking at buying this radio. Looks like it is very nice with alot of features. Does anyone have one yet? Where did you order it from or what distributors carry them?

Thanks
Brian

Matt Howard 09-28-2003 09:04 AM

I got one the other week. Seems real nice and its easy to scroll through the menu's with the little wheel they put on it. Some people don't like the styling but I don't mind it. I got mine at www.speedworldraceway.com I think only the 27 band one is out right now.

JasonC 09-28-2003 09:32 AM

i picked one up a socal last week, i have not had a chance to run it but it really feels comfortable to hold, excecually with the drop down wheel.

socal had one in stock yesterday for $310.00

wyd 09-28-2003 10:00 AM

Hey Matt. I was looking at one because I have always had good luck with my KO stuff and never had any glitching with them. The only thing I need to look into more is receiver prices and the overall availability of the radio. The Helios looks like what I'm looking for.

My main problem is I have all Futaba stuff right now and need to sell my 3PJ FM. I have like 5 receivers for it as well.

Does the Helios wiring pattern line up the same as Futaba as I'm also using the Futaba 9550 digital servos. I hate changing the plug layouts.

wyd 09-28-2003 11:15 AM

Matt one more question. I know the Helios comes with the new 302 receiver but does the 301 work with this radio as well?

TFR 09-28-2003 01:28 PM

Yup, the KR-301F will work with the EX-10 Helios. I believe the Futaba servo plug is same with the Ko one.

Just one question though, if you have 5 Futaba receivers and using Futaba servos as well. Why not go with their line of radio like the 3PK?

wyd 09-28-2003 04:44 PM

I think the main reason is I use to use KO stuff all the time and I would like to run it again. I never had any problems with them and my Futaba glitches from time to time and I can't stand glitching. I think I would just like to possibly go back to KO. If not I might just get the new 3PK.

fast-ho-cars 10-03-2003 09:57 AM

try www.hobbymania.com.hk

i emailed KO the 301 series receiver from the KO MARS R ex-1 will work with the EX-10 Helios

desertracer 10-03-2003 10:10 AM

Originally posted by fast-ho-cars
try www.hobbymania.com.hk

i emailed KO the 301 series receiver from the KO MARS R ex-1 will work with the EX-10 Helios

How did you find out this store?

Matt Howard 10-03-2003 04:31 PM

There's a little compatibility chart in the instructins explaining what will work with the Helios and all the old receivers and servo's will work but in the regular response mode. To get the high speed and super high speed modes you need the newer receivers and digital servo's.

fast-ho-cars 10-03-2003 04:34 PM

DESERTRACER - Hobbymania has a forum on this site, just like KTHobbies, SpeedtechRC, Corally, etc.