Wiki Posts
Search

Integy Xapper

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Integy Xapper

Hey I'm thinking of purchasing Integy's Xapper DCX3300. Has anyone had any good or bad history with this particular Xapper??
Thanks.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i've had this contraption for a couple of years. for the money, i think it makes a great novelty (i think i got mine for about $100).

it's definately not your ticket to the a-main. however, it will reduce the voltage when your packs are done charging. i've used this on new cells, but i'm thinking it might not have been the best idea because i really didn't notice any performance gains. on your old packs is where it'll help. i had some 3000 smh's that were peaking @ 9.70's and after zapping 'em they were peaking @ 9.40's. after some hard running, the voltage started to go up again, and i just rezapped 'em.

this contraption is best for your old beater packs. i would recommend against using it on your best packs.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

DickemDown - Thanks for your input. The unit sales for approx. $150.00. That's a lot of money to spend on a unit that does'nt work. I heard the same thing that it works wonders on older cells.

Anybody has any history with this unit??
Old 09-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

I have one. It does magic on old cells. I've even seen it bring dead cells back to life. I had some Sanyo HV cells that would not take any charge. I zapping each cell at 30 volts brought them back to life. When a pack seems wore out, a mild zap from this device nearly always gets the cells back to normal, or at least very close to normal.

Some guys zap their cells at 90 volts with this device. That will increase voltage at a noticable expense of runtine. One pack went from an average discharge of 7.10v to 7.2v, but lost about 800mAh in the process. For stock racing, a 90 volt zap might be helpful, but I would never suggest it. IMHO, it is just a quick way to kill an otherwise good pack.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default zapping

we got one, it did great on some cheap stick packs i re-did for a guy, put my pro-match cell on them & it didn't do much for them. also don't get the indi booster if you're going to be zapping, the booster won't work on zapped packs
Old 09-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

The Xapper will work on really used and older packs, kills the internal resistance inside the cells that slowly accumulate as you use batteries. Works wonders on unmatched cells, packs that have gone beyond useful number of charges, don't use it on newer matched packs, wait 'till they have at least a good number of runs on them, and you start to notice a slight decrease in performance, and punchiness.