Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last year, they had assigned seating for the invite drivers under the patio looking thingy. The drawback is that the tables for the factory guys are a little smaller so it's more of a huddle. The tables under the big tent are unassigned and are much longer so you can really spread out.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Josh - Wish I could drive like you, than I wouldn't get so frustrated. Good luck at Reedy!
Old 05-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Josh,

how would you compare the C12 CEFX to anyother 1/12 scale? and what is it like setting one up for someone that has never drivin a 1/12 scale before?

thanks lazyboy
Old 05-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have the same question, as lazyboy, but i have driven 1/12th, hehe
Old 05-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rtypec - Thanks for the info!!

John - lol... Thanks!!

lazyboy - The C12 is a lot different to drive than most other 1/12 cars. We've found the car to be extremely stable. The car just isn't nearly as twitchy around the initial steering input. The car also loves chicanes as it does not scrub speed when changing directions. The downfall has been the lack of steering into hairpins - once we achieve that then we fight with forward traction. Neither of these has been a problem in stock but it is definatly noticable in mod (we are testing to fix the problems!!). Setting the car up is much easier in my opinion. You use a set screw in each suspension arm to adjust the camber, you use another set screw to adjust the spring tension and then it's simply changing shims on the king pin to adjust the ride height. The rear end is similar to other cars so it's pretty basic....
Old 05-26-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

I got a chance to race the C12 at the snowbirds and finished second in stock with it. The car was great. A lot of people were traction rolling with other cars and I could not make the car traction roll if I wanted to. I would get to the turn and crank the wheel and the car just went around perfectly. I liked it a lot.

Paul
Old 05-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Servos

Josh, I know I asked you awhile back about what servo you use for steering on your nitro touring car.
I just wanted to know if you ever used the 2343's for steering, and how do they compare with the 2344's?
Do you see a big difference between the speeds of the servos, or do you feel a bigger difference with the torque?
Also, what servo does Ralph Burch use in his nitro touring car?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh,

thanks for your answer about my tire pressure Vs. roll question, and my apologies for taking so long to thank you... it's always nice to see world-class racers answering our questions.

So basically, the trick is to run as stiff a setup as possible, without the car hovering all over the place because of an overheated contact patch, due to high pressure, is that correct?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Josh, what servo do you run?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Question for Josh Cyrul

Hello Josh,
I contacted you about a while ago on the CEFX forum about this: have you looked into the possibility of running in the exhibitional 1/10th onroad (pro ten) class at the 2004 USA nat's?
It would be really cool if a big name like you would enter, especially with your own chassis! This could bring the class back in the spotlights again, where it should belong! (and it would help you sell 1/10th cars )
Old 06-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Default FRONT DIFFERENTIAL

Hi Josh,

This is John from Greece.

Please reply to the following question.

After watching a video from the recent 2004 Roar carpet nats which you dominated I was curious to see what did you use upfront, a spool, a diff or a oneway. To my surprise, I saw from some pics in the rctech.com coverage of the race, that you used a conventional differential upfront.
Is this correct and if so how come and you did not use a spool or a oneway, since any of the two last choices seem to be the favorite ones of most top drivers.

Personally I am a fan of using a differential upfront especially because it helps me to dive inside my competitors, brake late and still hit the apex of the turn just right where as with a oneway it would almost be impossible to brake late and with a spool the car would run far too wide in the entry of the turn.

Also do you adjust your diffs to be tight, having a "heavy" feel or are they as loose as possible, just enough so they do not slip under power.

Thanks for your valuable answer and I hope to see you again at the Worlds in October!

Last edited by John Doucakis; 06-02-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Josh

I didn't get a chance to introduce myself at the Reedy Race, but we did get to talk about set up on sway bars.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

PSI Racing - I prefer the higher torque in my gas cars. I used to always choose the speed for the steering but after I tested a few different servos I then opted for the high torque as I liked the feel - less twitchy off center but it did seem to have more steering in the higher speed (higher load) corners. I'm not sure what Ralph uses...

Lonestar - Pretty much.

aviaar - In what class??

Pro ten Holland - To be honest it would depend on the rules, I don't think they should be 6 cell anymore and I don't think they should follow the same dimensions as the old cars (width, lenght or body style). The old cars were much too fast and too big for the tracks we were trying to race them on. I would like to see the class come back but there would have to be many changes....

John - On high traction carpet nearly all drivers choose the front differential. The spool and one-way are just too difficult to drive and do not yeild a much better lap time to make them nessisary. I do adjust the differential according to how much steering into the corner vs. on-throttle steering that I need. Usually my front diff is a bit heavy vs the rear that is only set tight enough so it does not slip.

Neil - Make sure you do next time!! I meet so many people it's hard to keep up!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:50 PM
The Evicerator

Josh, Did you figure out why everyone hates me yet? Thanks again
Old 06-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul

aviaar - In what class??

Sorry Josh, I meant in your Xray Touring car.....I see something above about servos, but I'm not sure that's in your Xray.

Last edited by aviaar; 06-03-2004 at 08:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.