R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2004, 12:19 AM   #991
Tech Initiate

hi josh,
will you have any of the c12 kits for sale at the snowbirds? and do you have an estimate price yet?

TRF414WCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:28 PM   #992
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Josh

I bought some nickel metal hydride rechargeable packs from radio shack they are 2000 mah AA 1.2 volts would it be ok to use these as a reciever pack in my EVOLVA. with 5 cells.If so any tips on building them.And what diameters do you start your tires. and what do you set your droop at could you give me an example of of how you will adjust your droop and when starting with a new tire. One reason I dont under stand changing the droop is say you are starting a 1 hour main you start with a new tire and run it until the tire is to small and then you make a tire change but the droop is never adjusted but the car always seems to handle ok. I usually set my droop at 1 in the front and 5 in the rear with new tires and I would run them until they are too small but I would never re-adjust my droop.I figure that the droop I have set would not change well at least the numbers wont but when the tires are smaller I gain more upward motion right? and have to adjust so it wont have so much travel. I think. can anyone make any sense of this to me. thank you in advance
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 03:29 AM   #993
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

im another josh that can answer this,

your droop in relation to the the shock collar will not change until you adjust the ride height, so you can run the tires right down to nearly nothing(and until the chassis nearly scrapes), and the affects of the droops settings will not change the handling characteristics, unless the fronts and rears wear differently or the tires wear extremely small.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:10 PM   #994
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those of you that have access to a stika machine to make some vinyl stickers, I have put the CEFX logo into a sticka format and you may also download a huge transparent gif if you have another software program to make stickers. Figured a couple of people could at least use this.

Stika File: http://www.cefx.net/downloads/cefx.stx
Plain Logo: http://www.cefx.net/downloads/cefx_logo_2d_black.gif
Avid Racing Concepts LLC.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 AM   #995
Tech Master

@Greg Anthony:
Big thanks. Must be a Reynard.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:40 AM   #996
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

See you at onroad Worlds and we can discuss this over a few pale-ale's... cheers
Currently taking a break from R/C, running 1/1 scale cars, they are cheaper then running Modified TC!!!
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #997
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hi Josh,

I ran Modified with Xray Sunday (long arms-C-hubs) and I found something odd about the steering feel. If on-line and cutting a smooth arc-car was amazingly smooth with excellent rotation. BUT-if I had to turn in later (traffic, blown line) and went with more steering input-car really squared up hard. Have you ever felt that? When it squared up that hard-it really killed the corner speed. My Tc3 never felt that dramatically different from small slip angle to large slip angles.

rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:00 AM   #998
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ray- JOSH may think different but it sounds like you may be tweaked. have you had it on the t-station? just my 2 cents
Blizzard Concepts / Team Losi / Team ProMatch / Team MuchMore / The SPEED Shop / Ko Propo USA / AVID RC / BigDog Graphics / Nitro R/C Chop Shop /

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #999
Tech Apprentice
Default Better late than never

This is a little late in comming.

I just wanted to thank you again for keeping me in the Novak race. I really appreciate you giving me the pair of steering knuckles when I broke one of mine.

Thanks again.

I'm also looking forward to the release of your new 1/12 scale car.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:49 AM   #1000
Tech Adept
Send a message via ICQ to elvo
Default CEFX 12

Hi Josh,

the CEFX 12 looks very nice. The design is simple, effective, and elegant. I especially like the front end, since it has a suitable form of damping,and an anti-roll (bar) effect built into it.

But.. ... I prefer 6-cell mod. Is there any chance you'd release a 6-cell chassis for it?

I also noticed the in the chassis, you seem to have 2 holes to mount the rear T-plate pivot ball in. I know the 4 small holes are to be able to adjust the tightness of the pivot ball, but .. ... wouldn't you need a different T-bar then?
elvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:11 AM   #1001
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

where can i see the new CEFX car?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:31 AM   #1002
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to etzkev

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
where can i see the new CEFX car?
etzkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:55 AM   #1003
Tech Master

elvo - I've had enough questions about a 6-cell chassis. I believe that I will have to make some but that won't be for a few months. I have a question - will you be racing on carpet or asphalt?? CEFX is making a different t-bar that uses the other hole. A standard Asc t-bar will fit the car as well as the CEFX t-bar...

Nanook - No problem!!!

Ray - How much steering lock are you running?? You may just have too much steering into it so it get's to a point and then snaps the car ....

whynot - dontfeelcold is corret. Only if you adjust your ride height to compensate for the smaller tires do you then have to adjust the droop. Remember - 1mm tire wear = .5mm droop. I set my car up for qualifying based off tire size and 4-5mm ride height. For the final I will set my car up according to having 3mm ride height with my best guess of what tire size I will finish at. Then I put on the tires to start the race giving me (usually) 5-9mm ride height depending on the tire wear at the track. Those AA's should work fine. I like to shoe-glue the cells together and glue over the solder joints - this helps them from breaking...

SpeediePHATT & TRF414WCR - Price, I'm working on and kits for sale - I won't. We are still waiting on items to arrive. I will only have enough sample parts for few team drivers. The car should be out in late February...

Kevin - Will do!!!

JPHRacer - I will be running our new cars - C12ss and C10ss. I should have

SalvadoriRacing - I prefer to run less belt tension with a wider belt. I've had bad luck running thin belts in the past...

ADDRacer36 - I did run the nitro TC3 steering in my car. In the rear I used a nitro TC3 shock tower with the Losi tower screwed to it...
Trinity, Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Zenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 02:50 PM   #1004
Tech Master

A whole other month? Ok I can be patient till then. Ill just bust out the trusty Agitator (remember those?) and get some practice in. Good luck at the Birds.
www.victoryhobbies.com Greenbay, Wisconsin
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #1005
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

How's it going? We inquired about possibly carrying your companies product prior to the Christmas break, but I have yet to hear back from you. Please give me an email when you get a chance: steve@speedtechrc.com

Thank you Josh

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote