R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-25-2003, 01:48 AM   #826
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! Hope we all have a great year ahead of us in 2004!

ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 12:00 PM   #827
Tech Adept

HI Josh

.... I have the new KO helios TX (302f rx) and the new LRP spedo (copm2) along with 7.2v Digital KO servo (PDS-2123FET)..... no matter what i do i can't seem to get the glitching to go away..

tried the same setup and only changed to the 3PK & HRS by Futaba ...then it worked ok

Is there an issue with the Ko Helios and the LRP QUANTUM COMPETITION 2?

NOTE: the helios was in the super hrs mode
RC4SALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 04:00 PM   #828
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Default Hi Josh - Questions about bodies....

Hi Josh -

I had a question about the bodies you run...

I think I read you do all the work yourself, however, I was wondering if your new design uses the paint masks that you also offer?

I am thinking about getting a body made up like the one you ran for the Hallowe-en Classic earlier this year.

Thanks a bunch, and Happy Holidays!

F1Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #829
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default tow in

hay josh what is the difference between rear in board and out board tow what do thay do on the track......................

thanks Dave
RCAmerica, X-Ray, Hudy, Ko Propo, Protoform, PRS, Jaco, JConcepts, SXT, RC3 Grafix, Kool-Aid, P-Nut, NEXT, www.SuperiorHobbies.com

We're going to skate to one song and one song only!
Dave Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 07:30 AM   #830
Tech Master

Dave - Thanks! More to come in the next few weeks too!! Inboard toe is worse for bumps, but it is better for making the car "square-up" faster and generate more traction.

Tim - Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! I ran my rack exactly the same as the NitroTC3 - I tested it a few different times and I always liked it better that way...

Adam - Will do!!

ROBO - Amen!!!

RC4sale - I really don't know. I don't have a Q2 so I am not sure. I use that same servo, radio and reciever with my old Quantium and I have no trouble..... Maybe e-mail Robert Morris at KO USA - He's really good at figuring things out in the radio dept!!!

F1Junkie - We did make a body mask that's the "Official" paint mask that I use - we have it for all scales. I think we are going to set up things with a few other pro drivers to make their "official" paint masks that they use....
Trinity, Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Zenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 07:31 AM   #831
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Thanks for the help on the TC3 steering racks. I also bought two CEFX 12th scale bodies. Its very stable that body-really glues the car down to the carpet.

rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #832
Tech Rookie

Josh , my 1/12 pulls to the left when accelerate , what to do ?

add ring on axle? tweak chassis?
Deceased Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:56 AM   #833
Tech Master

Does it run straight off power?

Probably tweak!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:13 PM   #834
Tech Adept

Josh, I need a expert opion about the differances between a 19 motor vs a 12 turn motor on the race track. If we were to clone you, give each one of yourselves identical cars, with a complete selection of gears for each, equal electonics, equal traction (lots of ) , equal batteries, etc....

Can you give us some expliantion of what differances one could expect to see in terms of on on track proformance, such as acceleration, top speed, and overall proformance levels in differant sections of the track... such as in the infield vs straight aways, etc?

BTW... My hypothisis is that a 12 turn would out accerlate and have better top speed then a 19 turn pretty easily.
DynoMoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 05:03 AM   #835
Tech Addict

Hi Josh,

I see in the pictures of the U.S. Indoor Shapionships that you used a front diff on your X Ray and not a spool. Why is that?
It looks like a tight track where a spool might be the better choise or am I wrong?

Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #836
Tech Regular
Unhappy transmitter settings

@ josh
how much steering are u runing with rubbertires (cs27), more than 80% ? are u using steering curve (exponential) on ur transmitter ?
is it better to use 100% steering travle with a low steering car setup, or should i use less steering travle on my radio and use a more agressive car setup... ??
thanks in advance !
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:48 AM   #837
Tech Master

Ray - No problem!!

Deceased Guy - First off, make sure that your rear axle (width) is centered. Next, make sure that your rear pod is straight - same wheel base on both the left and right sides. Use a "pinned" or "d-ring" type diff so a diff ring isn't slipping. Now, set the tweak and give it a try... If it still pulls let me know...

DynoMoHum - I would say that on a 10 second a lap track a 12 turn would be about .1-.2 faster per lap than the 19 turn. More top speed and at least the same or more bottom end.

Barry - We all ran diffs. When the traction gets that high, it's just way too hard to drive the car with a spool. The lower the traction is then we can run spools (more like rubber tires).

TC3 - I make my car turn in about 75% of the width of the tightest lane that you have to race on - it depends on the track. If it's a 4ft lane track then I will turn in a 3ft circle - If it's a 12ft lane then I will turn in about a 9ft circle..... Everyones radios and steering linkage car be a little different so it's tough to compare exact radio settings....
Trinity, Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Zenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:25 PM   #838
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

I hope everything is going well for you.

I haven't received a reply to my email I sent you. Is that a NO answer to my question in the email?

Keep up the good job, and how could I buy a 1/8th CEFX lexan body outside the U.S.?
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:40 PM   #839
Tech Adept

hey josh im having problems with my email did you recieved mine?
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:42 PM   #840
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Good Luck at the Novak Race. I am sitting that one out, but will be at the Birds...
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote