Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

I'd like to say congrats to Josh on his first big race w/ Xray and awesome job i think for first big race w/ it andkinda under pressure for people expecting you to do awesome w/ it and win mod, but yeah. when u have time could you say what you would like to most improve about Xray on carpet foams??? if anything, or how much you liked it???
thanks alot....
Old 12-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Josh:

Jason Exelby here.....Hacked my dad's password again any way a really BIG congrats on how everything went for you and David in Cleveland. what a exciting race. I got my dad to buy a Xray so I might be needing some help with setups. as he hasn't played with a belt car since I was litte (something SV-10). and when is your 1/12th scale car coming out. I want to run some and I really don't like the car he bought for me last year so........... and after seeing pics and how they ran I want one.(it's nice to be a only child).
Please e mail me at [/email][email protected][/email] I can get on his e mail too as I have some things to ask about.

peace

Jason "Mini" Exelby
Old 12-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PizzaDude
What foam combo works Ok on TC outdoor tarmac tracksurface...
Medium damp conditions.
Missed this one Josh.

Great result for you and David.
Why did David do better wright from the start?
Was his cars initial setup spot on, from the beginning?

A question bout (12th scale) side dampener postions.
What is the difference for haing them flat/horizontal, or at an angle (up to the top motorplate)?
I can imagine another respons, What...?
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

coastaltony - [email protected] - We will sell to hobby shops or distributors - nothing will be direct to the public (I want to keep hobby shops and tracks open so we have places to race!!!)...

DENNIS - Thanks!!

HotrodGT - The 1/12 car will be out in the comming months. I hope to release it so that it can be out in time for people to get it up and running before the Snowbirds... I've tried lot's on my TC3 for different roll centers, anit-squat and dive. In the end I prefered to run the stock suspension mounts (R with 2+0 and the F with the F-0)... That was the most consistant from track to track...

T-shirt - I would recomend asking Ric Bartalozzi for a set-up for there. His car was extremely good and I thought it was better than mine. At the moment I just recieved all the new set-up sheets so as I get organized I will be able to send them (not at the moment though)....

Adam - Thanks!!

Stealth_RT - Xray's hard arms and Med Castor blocks are already much stiffer than the TC3's set-up... I think with Xray's options people are loosing track of what is stiff and what isn't compared to the other cars out there!!

JoshR 85 - Thanks! As far as the Xray car - I really enjoyed driving it and I look forward to getting a bunch more track time. I think with some time testing it will become a very strong car on carpet as well as asphalt. I know we worked on a few things at the race and Xray is working on some new parts for the Snowbirds..

Jason - Thanks!! I will post my set-up as soon as I have time to catch up on things!! My 1/12 car will be out in the next month or so. You can e-mail me at [email protected]...

PizzaDude - Last time I ran on asphalt with an electric TC I used Purple fronts and Double Pink rears. As far as Cleveland - I built David's car and got it out to the track in Cleveland (before the race) so that he had a few packs to get comfotable with the car. It wasn't perfect from the start but we did test and try a few things to get it to his liking. I didn't run my car until the first practice run and I used myself more to test things. I knew he was driving well and it was going to be hard for me to get up to pace and in the main with such little practice. Dampner positions - I haven't tested so I'm not sure. I do know that the farther you can put them from the t-bar the better for more leverage and dampening effect....

I really have to thank David for doing such a great job at the race. Without him I don't think the car would have shown it's potential. I also want to thank Barry Baker for also using our body on his Associated car!!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

hey josh i have a mod i tried recently that someone showed me an found it to really help with the carpet setup im currently running are track has bite just not like the birds
Old 12-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Josh, what happened to Ralph? Did he make it to Cleveland?
Old 12-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info Josh.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Hey Josh:

I was wondering if you are going to me able to make it to the WinterNats in Feb.?? Also, what class are you going to run? Im sure I know the answer to that one though . If you will be making it there, see you there.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Thanks for the info josh and taking you time to answer all the questions we have.... I'm wondering if Travis Shrevrin was down at Cleavland and if so how'd he do??? Last question will you be able to make it to the Novak race in Wi...(S&N's Trackside)??? Paul lemuiex said he'll come up for that race and then after that right back to college.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

joshR 85 - Yeah Travis was at cleveland. But I'm not sure how he finished though....
Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

What roll out would you use for stock in 12th scale?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dennis - Ok, so what is it??

Neil - Ralph wasn't able to make it to Cleveland. I think he will be back out at the Snowbirds!

MisFitz - I'm going to try. I have to send in my entry - I just hope it isn't full already!!! For sure 1/8 and hopefully 200mm....

JoshR 85 - I want to come to the Novak race... Anyone know where I can get an entry form?? Travis was at Cleveland but I'm not 100% sure where he ended up....

Ophidian - I have no clue...lol.. It's been a while since I've run stock. I think the track also determins the roll out...
Old 12-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just wanted to know why you are so cool?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Josh, Trackside just put it up on their site.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Barry Baker
I just wanted to know why you are so cool?
It's a Michigan thing.......................... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.