Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

josh,
i run the rrr and having problems with the fuel tank. i hear things about a new radio tray--- wich i can not find. some say to get a heat gun for the gas tank. i like the car, but do not know what to do. can you please help!!!! by the way, i was looking forward to meeting you at the winternats.... damn snowbirds---- (sorry electric guys, i do know i am posting this on an electric forum.) thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Hey Josh,
I am very sure you are still quite busy, but any chance that you could look over the email I sent you concerning the 12th scale and reply? Possibly a phone number where I can reach to you discuss the matter?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Josh,

Do you have an english version of your setup at the Worlds (RRR)?

Great run,

John
Old 02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2005 Canadian Asphalt Invitational

Hey Josh,

I am the head organizer for the 2005 CAI. This will be the second, of I hope many CAI's. Last year we had Barry Baker out from AE and I was trying to find a contact number for Kyosho USA so that I could discuss having a K Team member out to our event. We had over 160 pre-reg.'s last year and I hope to exceed that this year! It is the largest on-road race in Western Canada; 1/8, 1/10 .12 open gas, Mod electric 10 turn and 19 turn classes are run. The date for the race is, tentatively Aug. 19 -21 but I am waiting on confirmation from Losi and AE as to if and when a team member will be able to join us this year before I open our website for pre registrations. Any help with a Kyosho contact number would be greatly appreciated...and by the way...we would love it if you were able to make our race!!!

Please pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to help,

John Hughes
Old 02-25-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FYI, Josh is in the process of moving (not his business), he is without a internet connection from time to time. Please be patient.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Josh- (a little dated, but still wondering) in rcca when they should your xray worlds car from cleveland, you had used blue shims to space the rear arms and the rear camber link, who makes those, and by any chance do u have a part #? thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by stormperson
Josh- (a little dated, but still wondering) in rcca when they should your xray worlds car from cleveland, you had used blue shims to space the rear arms and the rear camber link, who makes those, and by any chance do u have a part #? thanks!
I am guessing here they are probably tamiya TRF product for the 415's and the evo's check out Speedtech they have em'
Old 02-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Smyka - Thanks!!

Joemugen - I don't know anything about a new radio tray or tank problems... The only ones I have are from the origionals from the Worlds....

John - Umm, I'll have to dig through the gas car stuff. With moving, lack of internet as everything is getting set-up and being the end of electric season it's going to take a bit....

Josh Huges - I'm not sure who you would have to speak to at Kyosho as of yet. Give it another month and I think they will have things sorted on their end. I would be interested in making it out, just a lot going on at the moment to commit to anything right now....

Stormperson - Those are Kyosho 2mm shims. I don't have a part # for them off hand... In a box... somewhere.....
Old 02-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Hey Josh,
I am very sure you are still quite busy, but any chance that you could look over the email I sent you concerning the 12th scale and reply? Possibly a phone number where I can reach to you discuss the matter?
Thanks,
Mike
Hey Josh,
Any word? Hope your moving went alright.
-Mike
Old 03-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

no worries Josh, I am looking outside my window and I still see snow..... Thanks in advance. Mmmmmmm, can you smell that nitro fuel? Ahhhhhh...nitro season....

BTW great advice on your site for nitro. Keep it up the hobby needs more people like you. Hopefully we will see you at the Toledo track soemtime during the year!!!

All the best and hope the move went well,

John
Old 03-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Canadian Asphalt Invitational

Josh,

Thanks for the response. Feel free to pm, or e-mail about this race. If you would like more info for the Kyosho team please let me know or have a look at the link for this race at the bottom of my post.

We would love to have have you out....it would be nice to have someone here that would keep Mr. Barry Baker honest!!

John Hughes
Old 04-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup questions???

Josh - I have a couple of setup questions that you might be able to help me with:

What does sweeping the front arm back do?

What does changing the width of the Front or Rear with 4mm vs. 5mm vs. 6mm Wheel hubs do?

What does raising the lower support blocks do vs. lowering the inner upper link?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

josh - i know that you are no longer with x-ray. i was wondering how do i get more turn-in off power (esp. hairpins). currently i am confused with caster. does a more vertical caster give more turn in or is it the opposite? would softer front springs help me with this?

will be looking forward to you inputs on this. thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Smyka - Thanks!!

Joemugen - I don't know anything about a new radio tray or tank problems... The only ones I have are from the origionals from the Worlds....

John - Umm, I'll have to dig through the gas car stuff. With moving, lack of internet as everything is getting set-up and being the end of electric season it's going to take a bit....

Josh Huges - I'm not sure who you would have to speak to at Kyosho as of yet. Give it another month and I think they will have things sorted on their end. I would be interested in making it out, just a lot going on at the moment to commit to anything right now....

Stormperson - Those are Kyosho 2mm shims. I don't have a part # for them off hand... In a box... somewhere.....

Hey Josh YGM
Old 04-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just want to give you props for the super nice track you have at Halo Hobbies I had a very good time laying down some practice laps and racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.