Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Talkin' with Josh Cyrul >

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Old 01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Josh could you post a general setup you used on the c12 at cleveland? I just got the car yesterday and am very impressed so far. I will run it for the first time tomorrow. Thanks, Jim
Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

ei guys,

i have a question.
please help.

how do i know if i'm on the optimum roll center setting for a track layout?

thanks!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vince - Upper a-arm height depends really on the track and set-up - Generally, raising it will make the car a bit more sensitive but actually stay flatter in the corner. Lowering it gives it more roll/steering in the center of the corner but a less twitchy feel....

Silver Rocket - I will be running for Kyosho. I will be running TC at the Birds......

Alien - I always prefer the Fk style....... I thought that was the best for all conditions....

Jim - Thick t-bar, 60wt oil in the tubes, 30wt in center shock, green spring, Jaco 2-stage fronts and rears, max rear width, 3mm ride height.....

Silver-Spoon - If the car drives well, is consistant and you are running fast then it's good....
Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Sooo... you'll be running the new Kyosho prototype at the Birds?
Can't wait to see those pics! Good Luck, kick some butt!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Kyosho

Josh,

Since your shop is so close to the nitro track are you carrying any Kyosho nitro parts for the RRR?

All the best,

John
Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Josh;
I have installed the evo 2 parts on my C12, are there any changes to the setup, oils, spring ect. that are required? What does this do for the car? (More rear byte, less roll?)
Thanks;
Jim D.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

hmmmm .... so you're running the kyosho proto? give us a glimpse of the car! pleeeeeease!
Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

WELL ARE YOU PACKED YET???????????????
Nine Days and Counting.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:00 AM

WISE MAN!!

**bows**
Old 01-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, how about helping out an old man. I can't seem to get down there to race so I'll ask here. I hear you were sick as a dog, hope you are all cured now. I bet your bride really didn't want the practice looking after a sick "baby", she will get plenty of that pretty soon!.

My car snaps loose when I pick up the throttle when I run 19t.
I am sure it has something to do with driving it like a stocker. It isn't real bad but it slides the rear a little which has to be hurting speed.

Would you add toe, change camber gain/roll center,softer spring, more shock angle, whatever? Or learn to drive (it might be too late for that).

Hope all is going well, I probably won't see you until the Snowbirds. I won't be there much (gotta work) but I intend to stop by a few times.

Ted
Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

josh i pasted this bit from earlier

What does a long camber link versus short do? - Makes the car react faster at the respective end (front or back) that you make the link shorter. Can cause a "pivot" type situation in the center of a corner rather than the car rolling through the center smoothly.

This is for the rear only question??
I have the short link bit on the back on my FK, on carpet would it be wiser for me to make that link go from the inside hole(wheel hub) to the outside hole to make it rotate faster around the corner

i have suffered from mid corner `pivot` that you talk about
If i made it longer would this cure it

At the mo i run the `martin hudy` setup, on t27`s on carpet
Old 01-31-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I figured I would post this info here as well.

FYI, Halo Hobbies (raceway) will NOT be running ANY oval untill 2/20. We will be running roadcourse only. Sunday's we will open from 9-6. Also the week of the snowbirds (7th-11th) the track opens around 4pm, or as soon as Kropy gets off work.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Any trophy races soon?

Hey Josh-any ROAR regional races or just for fun trophy races coming up soon?

Ray
Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

og - The car for the Birds will just be a quickie that we throw together. We won't have the proper prototypes for a few months and there won't be any pics allowed of the cars so you'll have to wait a while....

John - We will once we get closer to summer time....

Jim - Usually the car is more consistant and easier to drive with maybe a touch more rear grip. You may have to use lighter fluid in the dampners but other than that you should be good to go....

Silver - I don't think so....

Kenny - Uhhh, what do you think??...lol....

Ted - Running at Larry's on the other type of Paragon usually gives the car less forward bite with about the same side bite. When I used to run there I ran 2 degrees of rear toe in stock, 2.5 in 19t and 3 degrees in Mod.... You could also stand the rear shocks up and use a softer spring - this will make the car stiffer on roll (still good steering) but then softer on acceleration giving you more forward bite - just have to be careful cause it will make the car twitchy..... See ya at the Birds!!!

Mr Jolly - Making the link longer would take away the pivot but it may make the car really understeer. Try it but you may have better luck using less shims under the ball stud on the hub carrier....

Ray - Ummm..... maybe, I'll think about it and post it here!!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Josh
Messed about with it ,kepted it short but took a shim out on the hub from 2mm to 1mm much better & i don`t have to run the long wheel base to stop `pivoting`

Can you let us know any thing about the koyosho TC when you have 5 mins

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.