Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yep,

you're still on the signature Dale
Old 01-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Now, for 2005 I get to sport the same t-shirts and sponor line up that I do for the gas races. Kyosho will be working on returning to the electric touring car scene and this for me is vextremely exciting. They have provided the best support, develpment and cooperation out of any r/c company I have ever had the pleasure of racing for/with during my years of gas racing. Add on top of that, I get to team back up with the motor man that I rode around with for 5 1/2 years with much sucess and you can definatly say that I am excited for the future. TrueSpeed and Custom Works will supply the motors and the 1/10 oval cars as another part of my switch for 2005. The Snowbirds will be my first major event racing and I look forward to many more from there on out!!!
Good luck to you Josh. Glad to see you and Dieter back together. Look out!!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh-I am completley serious about this question-Why are there so few new guys becoming proffesional or at least running modified at the "pro" level? Isnt it odd that its still basically the same 10 guys at the Champs for example? I have been racing for 6 years and i am pretty sure its been about the same ten guys since I have been in it. You-Spashett, Baker, Derosier, Mcmahon, Lufaso, Blackstock, Orr.........
Old 01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank you Josh and Angel for a great and fast service. Everything was handled the way a business should be. Customer satisfaction is a 10! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 01-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kropy - lol...

Ray - Look at who does all of the testing and development... It's that same group who know's the in's and out's of the cars and set-ups. We also probably drive more laps than anyone else out there so we are used to the speeds and what level we need to push ourselves to to be competitive. Add in the good equipment we have to work with and years of experience and there you go... I personally think this is a problem as we don't have many young racers making the transition from stock to mod.

429 - No problem!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Josh,
I was talking to Dave Arnold and he said that at the Norca Nats you discouraged him from glueing the sidewalls of 1/12th scale tires. What is the reason for this?
thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck Josh. You played a large role in the popularity of the Xray car and you piloted it extremly well. Good luck in oval racing and I look forward to the return of the new Kyosho touring car.

John
Old 01-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Josh. I agree-I think its gonna be a problem long term. Look at Marc Rheinhard-started racing TCS Mini Coopers, now hes IFMAR World Championship at 17??? Who was our youngest driver at the Worlds? Jake?

It seems not only do we not encourage modified on-road racing-its almost as if most people actually discourage it (your not skilled enough, dnt have the batteries, youll never make an A-Main in modified, what are you trying to prove, your a stock racer, your wearig out your equipment, your tires, brushes.....).
Old 01-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you just have to be your own person and if you want to race mod go for it. You know you don't have to have a 7X1 to go
fast. But you also can't hide in stock forever!! I'm very happy to
see at Halo the faster guys are all running 19turn and letting the newer guys hone their skills in stock so in a few seasons they can move up.

Hey that's just my 2 cents and I could be wrong. na.

James
Old 01-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by reilly
I think you just have to be your own person and if you want to race mod go for it. You know you don't have to have a 7X1 to go
fast. But you also can't hide in stock forever!! I'm very happy to
see at Halo the faster guys are all running 19turn and letting the newer guys hone their skills in stock so in a few seasons they can move up.

Hey that's just my 2 cents and I could be wrong. na.

James
All my immediate goals revolve around stock racing (Masters to be exact), but like you said-you cannot hide forever. Were trying to get the top 8 to 10 guys at the Gate to stop racing stock and run 19t til just before big races. Some call it diluting stock-but I call it getting faster!!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

People should be able to run whatever class they want. For nearly all of us this is just a hobby and should remain fun and stress free. I am always shocked by those who complain when the so called better drivers run classes such as stock or 19T but what they fail to relize is that the faster classes cost more to compete in, require more preperation, more race day work, and often in the case of 19T is only marginaly faster. Many drivers myself included take all of these factors into consideration as well as competition level before deciding what class(es) to race. The goal is to have a competitive fun race not spend all weekend strugeling with your car or how to pay for the race.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

I think that it just takes a lot of practice to make the jump from stock to mod.

Switching from stock to mod was a totally different set-up and driving style for me. The cost has actually been about the same and I can make time with ok batteries as long as I drive properly.

All of the faster guys are more than happy to help you get started in mod but you have to ask.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ray has touched on a very good topic. It is so good that it might deserve its own thread. Josh summed up the situation very well. There are a lot of factors, some large and some small. I hope this discussion continues so that all factors can be identified. I don't know them all and want to learn.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:29 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rayhuang
All my immediate goals revolve around stock racing (Masters to be exact), but like you said-you cannot hide forever. Were trying to get the top 8 to 10 guys at the Gate to stop racing stock and run 19t til just before big races. Some call it diluting stock-but I call it getting faster!!
Hey Ray,

How's it going? I totally agree with you. At my local track everyone races touring stock as well. I wish we can get a 19T class in.

Hope all is well.

-Juan Carlos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.