Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default josh

hey josh ,did you run the fw-05r at the sedan nationals? if so did you use the same set-up as you did in vegas?The track in ohio seems like a copy of our track, thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Josh,

what kind of base setup would you suggest for the t1r on foams, and with no sway bars?? well ok im more or less asking for a guesser setup from you lol

lazyboy
Old 07-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pyramid - No one-way because it was a rule at the Reedy Race and I used the Pre-Worlds to test for the Reedy Race since I have very limited track time with the Xray car on rubber tires... A higher rear roll center has more steering (less grip) than a lower roll center.... Shims under the rear camber link give you more camber change = more steering, especially when using a solid front axle.... Position #1 is very nervous to drive. #2 is good for rubber tires and #3 (new graphite pieces) is best for carpet....

striker - I'm sure it would hurt belt life but I am not sure... I've tried it (on the old Street Weapon) but I didn't notice any gains...

stankulas - Xray and Hudy are setting up with a new importer. I'm sure there will be an anouncement soon if it isn't already out there....

Jeff - In what class??

Rafael - Jaco 40 fronts and Jaco 40 rears. I tried 38's but the fronts had too much steering and the 38 rears were too soft (wore too quickly). I think for the Nats it will be 40's and 42's...

Ray - I use the droop guages in the Hudy set-up systems - that's how all my set-up sheets are posted....

Marcos - The sedan nats aren't for another 3-4 weeks. I did run the Great Lakes Challenge and the car was quite good but it was a completely different set-up than at Las Vegas... I'll post it on the CEFX site after I get back from the 1/8 Nationals....

lazyboy - Take my carpet nats set-up and adapt as much of it as you can. It's on www.cefx.net - set-ups/tips area....
Old 07-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ko servo for touring, sorry
Old 07-28-2004, 11:22 PM

Thanks Josh and good luck with racing..
Old 07-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Pyramid - No one-way because it was a rule at the Reedy Race and I used the Pre-Worlds to test for the Reedy Race since I have very limited track time with the Xray car on rubber tires... A higher rear roll center has more steering (less grip) than a lower roll center.... Shims under the rear camber link give you more camber change = more steering, especially when using a solid front axle.... Position #1 is very nervous to drive. #2 is good for rubber tires and #3 (new graphite pieces) is best for carpet....

striker - I'm sure it would hurt belt life but I am not sure... I've tried it (on the old Street Weapon) but I didn't notice any gains...

stankulas - Xray and Hudy are setting up with a new importer. I'm sure there will be an anouncement soon if it isn't already out there....

Jeff - In what class??

Rafael - Jaco 40 fronts and Jaco 40 rears. I tried 38's but the fronts had too much steering and the 38 rears were too soft (wore too quickly). I think for the Nats it will be 40's and 42's...

Ray - I use the droop guages in the Hudy set-up systems - that's how all my set-up sheets are posted....

Marcos - The sedan nats aren't for another 3-4 weeks. I did run the Great Lakes Challenge and the car was quite good but it was a completely different set-up than at Las Vegas... I'll post it on the CEFX site after I get back from the 1/8 Nationals....

lazyboy - Take my carpet nats set-up and adapt as much of it as you can. It's on www.cefx.net - set-ups/tips area....
thanks josh
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

thankyou Josh
Old 07-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default droop again

Thanks Josh-on the droop-I have been runing (Measured on back of arm) 4.5 in front and 4 in rear. I think thats real close to your set-up sheets.

Ray
Old 07-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh, My buddy Jess told me that the C12 can do wheelies if I bolt in a 8x2... but you can make 8 minutes with a 8 turn... why is this so... am I not running enough timing, or am I geared too high?

HA HA what's up bud.... how are things?? you able to breath a little easier now?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Josh a few pages back you were saying to reduce the torque steer on the tc3 to lower the droop on the left rear. why the left rear is it because you had your cells there
cheers John
Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default evolva 2-speed

Josh,

You have any tips on the Evolva 2-speed? I'm having a hard time getting it to shift consistently.

Thanks

Last edited by C Verano; 08-02-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

hello josh!!!

what diffrence between the 3 hole shock tower and the shock tower for carpet (4 hoes) in terms of handling. is it just the same but with an extra hole at the end? or its diffrent enough to affect the suspension geometry as far as design is concrened.

thanks in advance!!!!

again kudos to you!!!

Last edited by S-T-R-l-K-E-R; 08-03-2004 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Josh,

I see that you are sponsored by CE. Did you manage to get good results in using the 3 phase charging of the Pitbull X3? What are settings would you recommend?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh - I'm getting ready to head off to my first race where I have to fly to reach the track and I've got a few questions regarding transporting my equipment.

I know I can't take motor spray, tire compound, bearing lube, etc on the plane - I'll buy those when I get to the track. How do you ship things cross country? Trintiy/Losi type bag? Cardboard boxes? Would you recommend hand carrying the car, or checking it with baggage? Any tips you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Jeff - I like the 2123. It's the 7.2v fet servo. Either that or the new 2343....

John - I increase droop and spring tension slightly on the left rear to generate more pressure on the left rear tire - this compensates for the torque steer....

C Verano - Make sure to keep the set screws turned in just enough to take the slop or rocking motion out of the 2-speed shoes....

striker - It just has an extra hole for adjustment and I believe the holes are a little lower to allow more room to lower the body down for the roof height on carpet....

Kenneth - I use the Turbo 35 GFX. I've never tried the 3 phase charging....

Rob - I check EVERYTHING. Either that or ship it as it makes it much easier - just cardboard boxes but you can put your carrier bag in the box and ship it. I do use my Kyosho and Xray bags to fly but make sure to throw in a Car Action or Xtreme to show the people inspecting what the heck all this stuff is for. I know the airports are really wierd about battery packs so it's a toss up to ship them or take the risk of carrying them on....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.