Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default I guess no F1 racing at WCRC, but maybe new venue?

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
When is the next racer at West Coast?
Ok, I tried the flowing to get F1 back at WCRC:

1. Got in touch via e-mail and phone with Ron Schuur (on road director), had long conversations (won't bother you guys with the details) went' to meet him twice at the track, first time he was for it. The second time he just avoided me (not even a hello ).

2. Spoke directly with Danny (owner?) went to WCRC two or tree weeks ago, when they were remodeling, he said he wold call me to start again the series, I posted some of you guys favorable comments towards these end, suggested a format, PM him the format. To this day no reply.

What he did was that odd post in here inviting us to come practice with him and talk about it? Maybe some sort of you guys come and beg for it? Maybe not? Who knows except him?

I saw him again Wednesday at WCRC, just as Ron, I was not even acknowledge with a simple "hi". I guess these guys are just to busy ( at least for me )

Maybe someone else will have better results (perhaps it's my ugly Mexican-Scottish accent that they don't understand )

And that's my WCRC failed effort report for the F1 gang.
Sorry guys-it’s disappointing.

Is there anyone amongst us that will be interested in participating on a small venture to open a track in the SFV (a real F1 home with an off road track to make some $) I may have the perfect location, in the middle of a beautifully park, already paved, close to the 101 and 405 ... PM me if this would be of interest to you.

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Thanks... Any feedback how are the Ride tires? also, can anyone tell me how long an average rubber tire alst running on asphalt with the stock silver can?
http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1/Rubber_review.html
Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, has anyone beat the laptimes of a Touring Car with an F1 in your local track?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, has anyone beat the laptimes of a Touring Car with an F1 in your local track?
Maybe on carpet?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
plus its gas. there is no space or track large enough for 1/5 gas powered. marketing fail.
we race gas 1/5 scale F1 (and touring and electric and nitro motorcycle) here 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month
Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Sweet HD F1 Clip

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

DIIINNNG DOOONNNG.....McLaren here!

Just got this in today. This should be fun.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Well I got the wings together tonight after work. I thought I'd take some pics to try and compare the F60 wings to the McLaren wings. It looks like the McLaren has more front and rear wing. The rear looks like wall; it would be cool to do some back-to-back runs with the two bodies.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Vyger, how I envy you! Soon will be my new F104!
I have seen in the box you have 2 Tamiya polycarbonate color...
What Tamiya color is used for the McLaren body?
And for the rear wing?

Thank you very much!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

I think one can is for lexan(body), and the other is for plastics(wings)
Old 10-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

With all the carbon fiber and aluminum stuff, is this labeled a pro kit?

So sweet.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Happy to see Vyger get back to the F1 topic. The best ever.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
DIIINNNG DOOONNNG.....McLaren here!

Just got this in today. This should be fun.

Lewis Hamilton's 2009 ride, does decal set have the other driver's number and helmet decals? Last time I checked on couple main hobby distributor, this kit was still yet to be available.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Vyger, I heard this kit has the wheel fairing (air duct to the disk brake) on the front, just like the real F1 car from 2009. Can you post couple pictures showing the fairing? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

OK, let’s see if I can get all the questions in one swipe.

Kappe The paint is called PS-48 Metallic Silver (Chrome) - 100ml Spray Can, #86048. The instructions say to use the same paint on the rear wing...it's kinda odd they didn't make a decal for the side panels of the rear wing. The front wing has metallic decals to match the paint but the rear doesn't. In addition, they don't say/suggest using primer before painting. I might go on the hunt for a decal to do the rear wing...but it has to match the paint and front wing...should be easy to find...NOT!

F N CUDA No it's not a pro kit. The McLaren has all the same kit supplied goodies as the F60. The black hop-ups are the new ones release by Tamiya. They recently released the aluminum diff Item #84114 , motor mount Item #84115, and pivot post Item #84116 in black. The rest was spares I had in the toolbox.

superspeed Yes it includes both drivers, numbers and helmet decals for the 2009 season. It has Lewis Hamilton and his team-mate Heikki Kovalainen. I got the kit from my friend who’s brothers wife, has a cousin with a neighbors son who knows this guy from overseas. He traded two pigs and bike for it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

superspeed Correct, it does have a break duct on both front wheels. It looks just like the one of the box cover. I'll take some pics later tonight and post them up. From what I can tell they're the same ones that ran on the car at the Hungarian Grand Prix and pictured on the car at the season launch. It also includes the two splitters at the front corners of the side pods. These will also have to be painted along with the side panels of the rear wing and mirrors.

lynx75 Thanks man!

The body it self comes in several pieces. If you aren't a fan of cutting and attaching the body parts of the F60 you’re not going to like this any better. However, if you like detail and scale realism you are going to LOVE it. There's a total of 8 pieces, including the body, that have to be painted, cut out, and attached. The final product looks very promising. I'll snap off some pics of these too and post them later tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.