Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2894Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Back then it was mostly 1/8 IC cars that were doing the laps there... I do not have any old pictures on my pc, sorry...

Hmm... California is still on my travelling wish list so I will let you know then...

Of you chk this url, you Will find pictures of 1980 of mach Heemstede
w ww.machheemstede.nl/home/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id =1:1980-de-oude-doos&Itemid=17
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

That is seriously one of the best vids I've seen regarding RC F1. Great Work....

What kind of setup are you using to take this kind of video? Any chance of posting some pics of that for us?

Cheers.

[QUOTE=monkeyracing.cz;7310637]F103 DUEL - full movie ...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.machheemstede.nl/home/ind...doos&Itemid=17
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Just realized the HPI F10 has a 1/4" rear axle.....so that means you could mount it on a 1/10 pan car rear end like the HPI Super F1 has...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Cool

Originally Posted by robk
Just realized the HPI F10 has a 1/4" rear axle.....so that means you could mount it on a 1/10 pan car rear end like the HPI Super F1 has...
What a beauty! a Track with history and tradition (thanks to Google translate I navigated around the whole website).

Will a 1/10 be to small for this track? Those old Can-Am body style nitros look cool, what are they 1/8?

Cheers!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

That's good to know, me and my friend's are into two classes this summer, F1 and Pan. Cool!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeppers The F10 axle is based on the Cyclone 12 which is based on the Associated axle/diff.
I have a carbon fiber axle on my F10 I stole from my carpet knife and it works perfectly with the F10 ball dif which is actually a Cyclone 12 ball dif in orange. The question now is- are there any 1/10th foam rims that have the 3 hole pattern out there?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

To me the big deal is you could now run all of the wheels with the Tamiya size hex on the Super F1, like the rubber tires, etc. It would look way more scale. All you would need to do is ream out a set of Tamiya steering knuckles to 1/8" for the front and you're gold.

MikeR: A 1/12 setup will probably be too narrow (I tried this already). The diff side hub is usually too short. Unless you know somebody with a machine shop...

The new 38mm 1/12 rims are just about a perfect match to the F103 size rim however.

If you want to run 1/10 rims, just drop a whole 4 bolt 1/10 setup on your car

Yogi: I just put the hotlink there for the original poster- westy1969. He can't hotlink yet due to postcount.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

for those who might be interested.....if you are chasing 2010 F1 decals for the F104, d drive has released the Ferrari and Mwercedes for 2010, and plan later this week to release the sticker set for the Renault R30 and Lotus.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

perhaps they should keep the 103 around and release it limited with different vintage bodysets.

any1 ever get the 104 to handle worth anything?

i was hoping for some new vyger creations in here. slow goings?

cheers

R
Old 04-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We had a discussion at the track last night about tires/wheels.Big problem is 103 rubber is spendy,and 104 rubber does not work very good on a cold ungrippy (is that a word ) outdoor track.We ran foams for the big Jackson race last night and while I qualified good my 103 was total junk for the main (after grip came up). Just about un-drivable, too much steering and was hooking bad. Now, I think some practice time will get me adjusted to different track conditions, I also think taking the"foam tire dance" out of the equation will make everyone more consistent from week to week.

Also,trying to find a "spec" rubber tire for the class is just about impossible.
The f104 might actually be the odd man out assuming the soon to be released top f1 car is going to be using 109/103 style tires/wheels/offset.
I know tamiya was going for scale looks (and the cars look fantastic) but it
sort of tossed a wrench into the mix of the f1 world.

Going foam tire shopping..
Old 04-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
We had a discussion at the track last night about tires/wheels.Big problem is 103 rubber is spendy,and 104 rubber does not work very good on a cold ungrippy (is that a word ) outdoor track.We ran foams for the big Jackson race last night and while I qualified good my 103 was total junk for the main (after grip came up). Just about un-drivable, too much steering and was hooking bad. Now, I think some practice time will get me adjusted to different track conditions, I also think taking the"foam tire dance" out of the equation will make everyone more consistent from week to week.

Also,trying to find a "spec" rubber tire for the class is just about impossible.
The f104 might actually be the odd man out assuming the soon to be released top f1 car is going to be using 109/103 style tires/wheels/offset.
I know tamiya was going for scale looks (and the cars look fantastic) but it
sort of tossed a wrench into the mix of the f1 world.

Going foam tire shopping..
For me the key to gettin the F103 to work (on foams) is no longer about the rear end.
Only so much can be done til you gotta say WTF.
I've fought this car from day 1 trying to get the rear to stick.
I've used all the tricks that came from the top F1 racers around, yeh, So Cal has just a few F1 champs loitering around not to mention this forum and the guys lending tips thru posts and pms (thanks, you know who you are!).
My car was WAY better thru their help and ALMOST pretty good somtimes.

Medium foams in the front are still too grippy most of the time and that is the firmest Tamiya foam I've found.
1 pair of the kit front foams that I was led to thru this forum didn't steer at all, as I was told it wouldn't.
Also tried TRG firm front foams with the same results.
Felt that I needed something in between medium and firm compounds.

I did the superglue dots on the Tamiya mediums and it worked great at Tamiya Aliso Viejo and at WCRC, (yeh, I'm in So Cal.) UNTIL the superglue wore off, then it was back to loose/junk again.
It wore on the outside front wheel (right front on our left hand sweeper and opposite...).
The car was still very good in the turns where the tire with the glue was the outside wheel.
I cut tiny slits in the tire and put glue drops "into" the tire so the glue wouldn't wear off the surface.
This is my favorite set of front tires, yielding great results last weekend at WCRC (I did have the advantage tho, I was running the F103 w/foams while others had F103 w/rubber or F104 w/foam or rubber).
It has settled down my car at Tamiya's track as well.
Forgot to mention, the tire wear on the front foams is almost non existant, no coning of the outside edges.
Also made a pair with a little less glue for the rare occasion that it might need just a touch more steering.

So, where is the compound in between the Tamiya medium and TRG hard?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I could not agree more. I spent most of last night searching for some hard front tires. Only thing I had were a old set of hbr med tires and I put in heavy front springs. I was going to go as far as popping on a set of trg hard rubber front tires but a bad qualifier round 1 gave me no time to experiment.
Are you gluing a bead or just spaced dots? Inside,outside or middle?
I have a box of rock hard vintage Tamiya front tires (diplo ect) that I have been thinking about sacrificing.lol
How about chucking them in a lathe and cutting grooves in them to fill with glue?

Btw.. I have been getting some BIG time help from a former tcs f1 champ (and Cali driver).
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

FWIW I always glue the whole sidewall for carpet....
Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
What a beauty! a Track with history and tradition (thanks to Google translate I navigated around the whole website).

Will a 1/10 be to small for this track? Those old Can-Am body style nitros look cool, what are they 1/8?

Cheers!
1/10 is great on that track.

The nitro's are 1/8. It would not surprise me if they were 2wd pancars looking at the second pic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.