Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2820Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

While peeps are on about 103 front arms, I built my f104s gp edition last weekend and have noticed that the front end does not tighten down fully, the front wing is loose and the front arms have loose play at the chassis, I've never had this problem with previous tamiya front ends only this one, but this is the first time I've had carbon 103 front end, do these normaly req some trimming ?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default F1 class growing by leaps and bounds

Hey all: I've noticed lately that the 10th F1 class is doing what the the short course truck class did a number of years ago now and that is go from being a small entry level spec class to a full blown racing class with many manufacturers and top drivers wanting to get into it. I hope this class stays popular ,but can still have that entry level fun factor for us mere mortals as well as an all out high tech all out full competition for those who want it. I love the look of these cars on track and missed the days when a different version of this class ran at the Cali velodrome. What do you all think? thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Thank's for the help Brad.

Is there anything going on with Paintlab carrying that VF1 package? I would still be interested in that.
The parts have finally arrived for the VF1 package and I am having everything photographed for the online store. There will be a couple of options for the package and of course one is more expensive. I will post the info as soon as I have it worked out
Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
The parts have finally arrived for the VF1 package and I am having everything photographed for the online store. There will be a couple of options for the package and of course one is more expensive. I will post the info as soon as I have it worked out

Thanks Brad!! Can't wait to see the packages!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
You could empty the spray can into an airbrush, but you will probably use quite a bit of paint doing it that way.
The scheme is simple enough that rattle can should t be that big of a problem
Just get the Faskolor bottles.. I cant remember there name atm but ill take a photo tonight, but they are Poly carbonate rc shell airbrush paint... if that made any sense lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pokiou, I'm not sure that Faskolor has the right shade of green for the Lotus body.

I don't know why Tamiya stopped carrying their pc paint in bottles!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default WRC F1 with Fenix I.Mola Conversion

Here are a couple of pics of my new F1 Car. It's a WRC F-ONE with a Fenix I-mola Conversion. The conversion replaces the chassis with a very adjustable link type with a multitude of optional set-ups. Should be great on any surface!

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-fim1.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-fim.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-fim3.jpg
Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The question is, how does she drive?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Finally got the wing vinyl added on my SP-1. The vinyl I used isn't sticking all that well so I'll have to redo it later and will probably add in sponsor decals to the wings later.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Here are a couple of pics of my new F1 Car. It's a WRC F-ONE with a Fenix I-mola Conversion. The conversion replaces the chassis with a very adjustable link type with a multitude of optional set-ups. Should be great on any surface!

Attachment 1085478

Attachment 1085479

Attachment 1085480
looks good! I just finished my wrc as well, it was one of the tougher builds I have done. I found the directions a bit difficult. I noticed you put on a Tamiya front wing, how did you go about fix it to the chassis?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have 2 sets (8) HPI Bridgestone tires for sale, one set medium and one set soft they are mounted on Ride black wheels with stock inserts, they fit the Tamiya F104 or any car that uses similar wheels.
They have less 10 minutes on them.
They have too much understeer for our track but if you run on low bite untreated asphalt these will work great.
PM me if interested.
Thanks.
_______
Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eff one
looks good! I just finished my wrc as well, it was one of the tougher builds I have done. I found the directions a bit difficult. I noticed you put on a Tamiya front wing, how did you go about fix it to the chassis?
Hello

To Eff one

I'm Giorgio Favaretto, I-mola is my "creature".

I know original F-one instruction are a bit ...puzzling at least, this is due the different evolutions they made, w/o keeping update the handbook.

May be you'd like to have a look at I-mola instruction, being an upgrade, they could somehow help you.

http://www.fenix-racing.com/ita/4.asp

to Pokiu

Good question... at recent ETS in Austria, the car was in the A-main for 4 of 5 qualify round, in the last one Matteo Berlincioni, blew a Cirtix (mandatory esc)... so we went to the B main.

Being honest, before the race I'd have signed a devil's contract to get into the B main... having followed the race... it's a little bittersweet but nevertheless somehow over my most optimistic dream.

It's available in the USA trough Rc Paintlab.

Any question, I'm here to answer

To AARcobra

Please be kind enough to share with us the front wing installation. This would make a lot of WRC owner happy!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Default WRC/Fenix

Originally Posted by pokiou
The question is, how does she drive?
Great on the street in front of the house!! Hope to get to the track within a week.

Unfortunately no F1 racing (or on-road for that matter) in my area South Carolina USA)

Ned
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Tamyia Front wing on WRC

OK, first the disclaimers: Don't do cad, wish I could, hope to learn "someday". Thought the quickest way to describe the wing mounting would be pics with notes added. So that's what I tried to do. If you have questions, fire away and I'll try to help all I can!

A couple of notes:
The wing shown is a McLaren/Merc (I think) It is actually a bit harder to mount than the Ferrari wing because the two front mounting holes are further forward and wider apart, but the same mounting solution works.

The Ferrari wing's holes actually line up pretty well with the holes in the WRC nose piece and you can just put long 3mm screws thru from the bottom and put nuts on the top. I made a nylon spacer/brace similar to the one for the M/M wing but with two thru holes. (I wanted the Tammy wing for a few reasons-stiffer, better bumper , and more scale with the current bodies...)

I hope the pics and notes are understandable, shoot me questions if you need better explanations. Hopefully WRC, Fenix, or ??? will make up a molded plastic piece to do the job, should be a piece of cake!!

Next adapter will be to mount the Tammy rear wing to the WRC pod....

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-1.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-2.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-3.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-4.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-5.jpg

Last edited by aarcobra; 07-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks a lot Aarcobra

I've been asked to work over a solution for Big-T wing over WRC....

This is my solution for the front...

Tamiya Williams FW18... pretty much the same dimension of the wing pillars

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.