Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm all for growing inventory and expanding your business, I applaud you for bringing in manufacturers no one else has bothered to carry, I think the WRC cars look particularly cool and replacement parts for them as well, I understand the sp1's are particularly hard to find parts for, but don't loose sight of your core product that made your name for you is all I'm sayin'
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatboysracing
I'm all for growing inventory and expanding your business, I applaud you for bringing in manufacturers no one else has bothered to carry, I think the WRC cars look particularly cool and replacement parts for them as well, I understand the sp1's are particularly hard to find parts for, but don't loose sight of your core product that made your name for you is all I'm sayin'
I'm not opposed to criticism, and true trying to line up new product to sell takes time, but the reason that there haven't been more new releases is three or four fold. Last week alone I shipped 20+ packages, and since I am design, production,shipping, customer service and webmaster, I get pretty thin pretty fast. I have taken some heat over the fact that there is a handling charge applied to every order. This fee covers time, materials, and cost of transporting the packages to the post office. I am not quite to the poi t of being able to have packages picked up or hiring someone to prep the packages for shipment. I have lined up some help with the decals which will hopefully allow more new products faster.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

keep crankin 'em out baby, I'm just a little wore out of looking at a couple blank cars, no biggie, not meant as a full on diss in the first place....
Old 06-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fatboysracing
keep crankin 'em out baby, I'm just a little wore out of looking at a couple blank cars, no biggie, not meant as a full on diss in the first place....
Believe me I wanted these out long ago, like I said it was a much bigger undertaking than I originally thought
Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I'm not opposed to criticism, and true trying to line up new product to sell takes time, but the reason that there haven't been more new releases is three or four fold. Last week alone I shipped 20+ packages, and since I am design, production,shipping, customer service and webmaster, I get pretty thin pretty fast. I have taken some heat over the fact that there is a handling charge applied to every order. This fee covers time, materials, and cost of transporting the packages to the post office. I am not quite to the poi t of being able to have packages picked up or hiring someone to prep the packages for shipment. I have lined up some help with the decals which will hopefully allow more new products faster.
Can I offer some constructive criticism? Why not add that shipping/handling/transporting charge to the product itself? I was a bit annoyed when I went to buy something from you for this charge to be added at the end of the checkout process. I ended up buying your product (twice now), but from someone else who doesn't add the extra charge. Which seems odd, cause I'm sure you'd have similar overheads producing and shipping to a retailer, than straight to a consumer. I reckon a $25 decal sheets sounds heaps better than a $20- decal sheet, but we'll sting you an extra $5- (25%!)later on.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Can I offer some constructive criticism? Why not add that shipping/handling/transporting charge to the product itself? I was a bit annoyed when I went to buy something from you for this charge to be added at the end of the checkout process. I ended up buying your product (twice now), but from someone else who doesn't add the extra charge. Which seems odd, cause I'm sure you'd have similar overheads producing and shipping to a retailer, than straight to a consumer. I reckon a $25 decal sheets sounds heaps better than a $20- decal sheet, but we'll sting you an extra $5- (25%!)later on.
I'm ok with constructive criticism. And honestly there is no good way to do this. I lowered the price of the sheets to try and do more volume. While I am not trying to make it back with the fee, the cost to ship to a lot of places has gone up dramatically. Also the way the software is setup, there is no way to vary the handling fee, so it's the same for 1 item or 100. My suggestion is to order more than 1 item at a time, then that fee is not as much of an issue.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Not sure that that will be the case. The 103 15th Anniversary was incredibly stiff, and it turned like there was no tomorrow. Granted that was with foams on carpet, but the stiffer front end might allow the front springs to work more properly, rumor has it that because of the way that the front is put together it is very smooth and precise.
I guess I should have said that all depends on the driving surface and tires too...my 15th anniversary car was really nice but still turned better with the "active" 103 front end. Rear grip was really bad at our old track so we all ended up running the pivot ball rear end with the S t-bar just to get rear grip...once we did that we needed the active front suspension to get it to turn again.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I guess I should have said that all depends on the driving surface and tires too...my 15th anniversary car was really nice but still turned better with the "active" 103 front end. Rear grip was really bad at our old track so we all ended up running the pivot ball rear end with the S t-bar just to get rear grip...once we did that we needed the active front suspension to get it to turn again.
Yeah, racing surface definitely makes a difference. The Type A slicks that I know and love, that worked pretty much anywhere we ran them were not as effective down at Mikes last weekend. They were not horrible, but not the hot setup either. The 101 will be interesting for sure
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Out here A's would just have you doing donuts B's were the best of the time though still not as good as the old Tamiya cap rubber.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

I have to come to BP Shadow's help.
Years ago, I made custom waterslide decals for model railroader. I charged as much as I believed I would pay for it. At the beginning everybody was happy but soon people complaint the price was to high although I never made more than $5 an hour if I counted set up, printing time, material, time spent to pack and ship, etc.. After 3 years I had it and shut it down.
What I want to say is, please pay the $5 since we don't want to lose the best thing that happend in the F1 RC world.
Thanks BP Shadow
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sauber F1
I have to come to BP Shadow's help.
Years ago, I made custom waterslide decals for model railroader. I charged as much as I believed I would pay for it. At the beginning everybody was happy but soon people complaint the price was to high although I never made more than $5 an hour if I counted set up, printing time, material, time spent to pack and ship, etc.. After 3 years I had it and shut it down.
What I want to say is, please pay the $5 since we don't want to lose the best thing that happend in the F1 RC world.
Thanks BP Shadow
And thank you for the support.
This is the harsh reality of running a business. I dont take a regular paycheck from this even though it is pretty much my job these days. If I could afford to kill the handling fee and give free shipping I would do it in a heartbeat. If the time ever comes where I have to start paying a licensing fee to the teams the sheets could get pretty expensive, and those days are not far off. I wish I was getting rich off of this, but that is the other harsh reality. Dont get me wrong, the business is growing by the day and I have a lot of big stuff in the works, but it can be a crazy rollercoaster at times. I am thankful for the customers that I have and the ones that will come in the future. Stay tuned, because the best is yet to come
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good job BP! Keep up the good work.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Absolutely! The best thing about F1 is that the cars look real, and no one makes that possible more than you, BP. I've bought two of your decal sets and would gladly pay more for them.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Started building my new Tamiya F104v2 black edition car. Eventually I'll have build videos up on my youtube channel (see sig.) but for now here are some pics:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...91286106667169
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

and you absolutely package your stickers better than TQracing does, it seems like they may not think at all when putting them in a box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.