Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
F1Ultra guys... few quesitons

1.) Battery inline or lateral?

2.) Best rubber tire combo for carpet?

3.) Have you run it on foams? How did it work? Which tires did you use?
I like battery in line. Gives the car more steering and helps it transition left to right faster.

I race on carpet and use pit shimizu tires r1hards and f3softs. You might be able to use f1softs but they glaze at my track.

I have not tried foam tires on the ultra but I really should.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Sorry to not get back to you sooner, I actually got to race this weekend VTA & TC!!
With the GFX conversion to use the VTA stuff the F103, F109, and the Tech arms all come out at ~188mm, as close as I can measure. Rear is the same, I could widen or narrow the front a few mm with different hexes, I'm still using the 3R brake disks on the front. I think I can cut off a few mm of the upper a-arm where the two 4mm screws go thru and them bend the arms up which might give me a little camber too.

Yes I'm using standard VTA 26 and 31 mm front and rear wheels, tires.

ned
I
Thanks for the info Ned....keep us posted on your progress with the VF1 car!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
What's a "F1Ultra"? Is that a conversion for the F103?
Yes

Originally Posted by racer robert
I like battery in line. Gives the car more steering and helps it transition left to right faster.

I race on carpet and use pit shimizu tires r1hards and f3softs. You might be able to use f1softs but they glaze at my track.

I have not tried foam tires on the ultra but I really should.
Thanks Robert!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can the RIDE R1 tyres be mounted on Tamiya rims?... I am preparing for an event and would like to run the same rims despite having a couple of different tyres I want to run
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey fellow F1 racers, it looks like Sweep is getting into the F1 tire business. Check out this video of Sweep's F1 Tire Testing.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Can the RIDE R1 tyres be mounted on Tamiya rims?... I am preparing for an event and would like to run the same rims despite having a couple of different tyres I want to run
Not normally.

However, Ride make a set of rims that from a distance look a lot like the Tamiya ones. The R1 pre-mounts (26023) come on them and I've mixed them with Shimizu 571's on the Tamiya plated foam rims up front and you can't really tell from a distance.

I've got some Sweep F1 tyres coming in the post, so I'm going to try them on the plated rubber rims.

These are the Tamiya ones (when you glue 'em up, suggest you gently take away the paint from where you intend to glue the rubber ):
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54400
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54201

Just done a quick search and Ride don't seem to offer the silver rims on their own...
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Not normally.

However, Ride make a set of rims that from a distance look a lot like the Tamiya ones. The R1 pre-mounts (26023) come on them and I've mixed them with Shimizu 571's on the Tamiya plated foam rims up front and you can't really tell from a distance.

I've got some Sweep F1 tyres coming in the post, so I'm going to try them on the plated rubber rims.

These are the Tamiya ones (when you glue 'em up, suggest you gently take away the paint from where you intend to glue the rubber ):
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54400
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54201

Just done a quick search and Ride don't seem to offer the silver rims on their own...
I suspected as much... thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Yes

Thanks Robert!
NP,

Originally I built the car with a transverse battery but the car drives so much better with it inline for my conditions. The electronics are much easier to locate with a battery transverse. I suspect across the chassis would be the way to go on a low grip surface but for carpet traction is not a problem and in-line works better.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussierevo
that's a great effort.

can I ask what paint you used on the mirrors etc. I know the instructions say to use the PS60 spray, but when I used that paint on the plastic it went a dull red, not bright red.
I used multiple coats of the ps60. I did about 3 or 4 and still could be a little brighter. For an RC model I don't want too many coats of paint, but if this were a static model, I might try white first then do the red over that.
Also, for the body, I used PS60, then brush painted red latex paint into the creases. Then I backed the whole thing with silver, so it does not look like painted clear plastic body.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
NP,

Originally I built the car with a transverse battery but the car drives so much better with it inline for my conditions. The electronics are much easier to locate with a battery transverse. I suspect across the chassis would be the way to go on a low grip surface but for carpet traction is not a problem and in-line works better.
I think traction between our tracks are fairly similar. I have used setups on my TC from Mikes that worked excellent here.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Well here is my start of Manny's VF1 Lotus 49.
Right now I have it sitting on an old F103, waiting for my F104W, Still looking for Honda RA300 Decals, #14 is all I think I need, anyone? or I might do a gold and black lotus type livery or a red stripe. like the body in the background.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 04-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I was lucky to watch masami hirosaka racing F1 in Hong Kong last Sunday. He was using the new Yokomo F1 (Wide Format and Form Tires). Wide format and form tires is a preferred combination in Japan and Hong Kong.

Here are some videos.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

What a track !

Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Wide format + foam tires generate some awesome corner speeds in those videos. +1 with RedBullFiXX - that's a nice track.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Masami Hirosaka with an F1 car...AWESOME!

Thanks for the vids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.