Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2820Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When you mount the Pit tires to the Tamiya foam rims it looks like their is positive camber.
Should they look like that?

Thanks,Brian
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I use Futaba 9650 servos in my F104s and they work very well. The 12th scale size mini servos fit with the extra mounts and hold up just fine..

Mark
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bribtb
When you mount the Pit tires to the Tamiya foam rims it looks like their is positive camber.
Should they look like that?

Thanks,Brian
No...they should be level
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default LA -SFV Track F1 action this Sunday

Sundays fabulous whether forecast: 70F, perfect for F-1 practice at the LA-SFV track in Northridge (home of the UF1 Chinnes GP), yes the one that Ligthfoot loves (an me too )
See you there?

Metro Link Parking Lot
8775 Wilbur Ave. SF Valley CA 91324

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

I've gotten my Tamiya Wolf WR1 to behave pretty well on the track. The softer T-Bar (white) made a HUGE difference. The stock tires are not as sticky as the TCS type, but Tamiya doesn't offer TCS versions of these tires and our track mandates only "Tamiya" can be used. So, I dope them up with Paragon and as long as I stay out of the marbles, I've got pretty good traction.

The tires are taller than the standard modern version tires as well. With the stock out-of-the-box gearing, that means that my top speed is faster than a stock F104 like the F60, but the initial punch isn't there as much obviously. I need a pinion smaller than what comes with the kit (14?) and I've not found those yet.

Still, all in all, I really like this car. Its old school, but so am I. I remember the Wolf being THE car in F1 in 1978/79. It won its very first debut race! Jody Scheckter was the driver, but eventually Bobby Rahal drove it too.

I have purchased one of the McAllister Indy Car bodies which will be perfect for the F104W and these tires. Hope to get it painted soon. I'll still run the Wolf as the Wolf, but it will be neat to have an alternate body to use.

Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-wolfwr1photor.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Quick mobile pic of my F1.
BTW.. F1 is alive and well here in NE Kansas.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rrl-f1-003.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you far from Omaha, NE? We race F1 there also. And this summer there will be a series of races with half of them in Omaha and the other half in Lincoln.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Can find many spare parts for kf01 on ebay.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi All,

Sneak peak of the new +3.5mm offset wheels for Shimizu F1 Tires. Brings the 104 to 190mm without the added weight.

And Shimizu tires glue right up with the help of the bead and lip.

ETA end of this month. Will be available in black or white set of four.

Any news on the release date?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Any news on the release date?
The white wheels are here. Just need to takes pics and post them online so it looks like Tuesday
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
The white wheels are here. Just need to takes pics and post them online so it looks like Tuesday
And the black version? When will they be in stock?
And what's the price for a set?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I received my F160 bodylast week after a record breaking short shipping to Germany

As vintage bodies are rare I want to share Manny's creation while building it. Today I would like to show the first steps trimming the body and checking how the parts fit together:

This is how the parts arrive (forgot to add the nosecone).

First I made sure that I don't make any mistake trimming and rechecked with the manual Manny put online (http://www.vintagegp.net/VGP-Build.html).

Then I cut out every part.

To fully understand Manny's intention I put everything together. I was already excited and couldn't resist to put tires next to the body and my actual F104 that is how good it looks

The car will become a Lotus 49. British racing green and yellow paint is already ordered and will hopefully arrive on wednesday. What I still need is a proper driver head. The best I found is this: http://www.rc-news.de/wp-content/upl...ahrerfigur.jpg

Does anybody got an alternative idea?
(Outherwise Kimi has to jump in and I don't know if he wants that )
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

This looks great! I'll be following your build as I'm also wanting to get a VF1.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wtcc
What I still need is a proper driver head. The best I found is this: http://www.rc-news.de/wp-content/upl...ahrerfigur.jpg

There is a guy on tamiyaclub who makes the most accurate driver heads you ever seen.
I thought his nickname on tamiyaclub is beetlelover, he's from new zealand.
You can contact him by mail if you look for him on tamiyaclub.
Let me know if it worked out for you.

Hope this helps you
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wtcc
I received my F160 bodylast week after a record breaking short shipping to Germany

As vintage bodies are rare I want to share Manny's creation while building it. Today I would like to show the first steps trimming the body and checking how the parts fit together:

This is how the parts arrive (forgot to add the nosecone).

First I made sure that I don't make any mistake trimming and rechecked with the manual Manny put online (http://www.vintagegp.net/VGP-Build.html).

Then I cut out every part.

To fully understand Manny's intention I put everything together. I was already excited and couldn't resist to put tires next to the body and my actual F104 that is how good it looks

The car will become a Lotus 49. British racing green and yellow paint is already ordered and will hopefully arrive on wednesday. What I still need is a proper driver head. The best I found is this: http://www.rc-news.de/wp-content/upl...ahrerfigur.jpg

That is fantastic!! I too plan on doing the Lotus 49 as Jim Clark's(my favorite driver) car. However, I want to use the HPI VTA wheels/tires as they will be more realistic looking.
Please keep posting pictures of your progress with the car!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.