Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 6376vette
+1. My fgx rabbit conversion definitely needs all the air it can get. I opened the top and the side vents of the body and it helped but it still gets warm. Around 160 degrees.

A neat little fgx tip. If you use a shorty lipo and shift it all the way forward you can squeeze an esc low profile cooling fan right in front of the motor. I will know how well it works tonight.
i did think about cuttin a hole in the body over the motor pod to help disapate the heat buuuuuuuut i cant bring myself to cut up my rb7 body
such a shame as i get 40 minute running with my 104 at good pace with very minimal heat on the motor and no body holes
Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
i did think about cuttin a hole in the body over the motor pod to help disapate the heat buuuuuuuut i cant bring myself to cut up my rb7 body
such a shame as i get 40 minute running with my 104 at good pace with very minimal heat on the motor and no body holes
No need to hack up a body. The cooling fan worked awesome tonight. It fits at a slight angle between the chassis and the upper brace/top deck. Never saw temps over 120 and it was running 160 before. It made a huge difference. Next up trying to fit in a twin fan.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BadSign
years ago I was reading aero information for oval cars on velodrome tracks. A website had built their own windtunnel and was able to test bodies for front and rear downforce and drag. They tried sealing the body off, keeping the rear bumper in, and other tricks. They found that keeping it sealed up not only improved drag, but downforce as well. Smoothing the flow created a low air pressure area under the car and helped it stay on track. The did decide to continue to cut out the rear bumper, because it helped maintain stability on the large tracks. This was all backed up with laptimes as well.
The reasopn race cars dont have skirts anymore was because they were too efficient. It made racing into a who can spend the most to go fastest game. All underbody work is tons more effective with skirts. Cutting the back out reduces a bit of rear lift under yaw. Heres the only pic i have of the skirt.

as you can see I extended them to the edge of the diffuser and cut out the strakes as i noticed they were causing turbulence, yes cutting them had a slight impact. Too slight almost, but just noticebleon the fastest turns. It helps I ran with a 3cell lipo and silver can motor to go fast enough for these things to work at their best.

some of the front diffuser, V1

At this point i had already shortened it as it was stallingThis i call V2

and this version was later shortened to the height of the wing and its at that point that it worked the best. No pics of so called V3.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Things that make you go hmmm. I recognize that tin tape, it makes me itch...

Has anyone tried foams from R/C4Less? Any opinions would be nice.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default F103 body on a F1R with F104 front end?

Hi

can I mount a F103 body on a F1R with F104 front end?

body, one like this one

I know that it is for a F104W and that it uses the F103 front end normaly..

Any pics of succesful installations of this type of body on a F104 front end?
Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys. I'm doing the 2011 Ferrari for my FGX. The decal set is this one from D-Drive. I'm wondering if I should use Tamiya PS-60 Mica Red, or just use Tamiya PS-2 Red.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wollow86
Hey guys. I'm doing the 2011 Ferrari for my FGX. The decal set is this one from D-Drive. I'm wondering if I should use Tamiya PS-60 Mica Red, or just use Tamiya PS-2 Red.
Hi Use Tamiya PS-60. That is the correct color. Regards
Norman2
Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norman2
Hi Use Tamiya PS-60. That is the correct color. Regards
Norman2
Thanks Norman2
Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BadSign
Things that make you go hmmm. I recognize that tin tape, it makes me itch...
Ahh it simply cuts my fingers to hell. Its like a roll of razor blades with glue on them. But I do like how it holds its shape well after setting, hence its usage.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here starts the decline of the F1 class once again
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-top-rebelf1-prototype.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
The F103 or F104 widened front will fit on this according to the rumor mill. The pan car front end is just not acceptable IMO. If the arms made it under the body and were realistic, I wouldn't have any complaints.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

I saw that with much disgused.
Is doesn't pass the front suspension ruling for this country so wont be legal, as like the Corally.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The F103 or F104 widened front will fit on this according to the rumor mill. The pan car front end is just not acceptable IMO. If the arms made it under the body and were realistic, I wouldn't have any complaints.
Originally Posted by NiMo
I saw that with much disgused.
Is doesn't pass the front suspension ruling for this country so wont be legal, as like the Corally.
Agreed... at least Serpent went to the trouble of making the arms under the body for their car.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

why do manufacturers still insist upon doing crap like this to a class

I had respect for TOP, but not anymore with this stunt
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Why does a couple of prototype TOP F1s start the decline? If it's because they aren't race legal then the decline started before the class took off thanks to the release of the Corally F1. Amazingly that had no effect on the class.

The 3Racing FGX had a bigger chance of causing a 'decline' in the class than the TOP cars. In a lot of countries the independent rear suspension isn't legal so they have made no difference to numbers, in the US it is legal in many places and it's brought in extra racers.

TOP have pointed out that they are just early prototypes, if the production versions of the TOP cars keep the WorldGT front ends then they are going to be illegal in many places, just like the FGX is illegal, and greatly reduce the market for them.
In its current form it is legal for use in US races, but to make sure TOP makes a proper F1 front end all you have to do is add a one rule. Here in the UK the BRCA rules include a rule that all suspension pick up points must be mounted inside the body, making pan car front ends illegal.

The photos are of the development cars, obviously using parts they currently use on their other cars, to test them. I would say any criticism of TOP should wait until we see what the actual production cars are like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.