Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Yeah me too,whats up with that guy?
I hope you are waiting to see what the cars actually look like before you start 2012 decals,they change at the first GP.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

It almost sounds like tracks are trying to write the width rules so the pan cars sporting f1 style bodies are not allowed. Our rules read that the chassis must be any chassis designed as a f1 or Indy car style chassis no pan cars. The 180-200 mm cars all run together and no one has a clear advantage. The top of our field has a 104, 109, fgx rabbit and an up and coming f104w. No one is clearly faster or handles better than the other. The two fastest cars are built and driven by very smooth and fast drivers. Its the driver difference not the chassis that makes them fast. I don't understand why you would want to exclude the wider f1 chassis. Aren't we all supposed to be having fun together in this class?

Off the subject question. What would be a good chassis for a GTP or prototype body? I was looking at a f103 for one of these cars.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-guy1980
There is so much more to it than that, it's crazy. I really wanted to get involved in this class but I have pretty much given up just because of the ridiculousness I have seen already. The "issue" about that silver cans was actually a question about it's legality because it had been inadvertently left out of one set of rules when they were being transferred between websites. Someone questioned it because they wanted to be sure what the rules were and got accused of "stirring up sh**". I don't agree with the paint job rule, but would be more than willing to accept it, was it not for the pompous attitude some have displayed in regards to the rule. The statement "If you do not have the ability to paint and sticker, im sorry for your bad luck. Smiley and others will paint for you if you can afford it" from one of the "organizers" pretty much sums up the overall attitude and gives me a really sour impression of something that should be a wonderful class. These aren't the only things I've had issues with, but the ones that have most influenced my decision away form being involved in this class. And before someone says I'm just some newb who needs to keep my mouth shut, I have raced r/c or full scale cars in some form since 1987, I have seen more classes killed and tracks shut down by poor promotion than I can count, and overbearing or favoritist attitudes are most often to blame.
Again, no one is forcing you, there's always room in the off-road scene though. Not giving you a "sour" attitude, but at some point the foot has to come down and these are the rules that we have decided to follow. I didn't make them, but I want to run the class, so I adhere to them, simple as that.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Wow I'm glad I don't run in TX...I can understand wanting the cars to look scale...however there should be some leeway in that. What happens when someone who hasn't ran there before comes with something different? Are you going to force them to buy a whole new body just to adhere to the rules.

As for forum bashing...DQ'ing people for what they say on the forums is just wrong. You have control over your race and track...you do not have control over RC Tech or other forums except your own. I would never ever censor one of my racers like that. I've always welcomed both positive and negative feedback in all the races I have organized.
As stated to the other fellow, no one is forcing anyone to run. Not forcing you to buy a whole new body, there's no one holding a gun to you. Last, the forum bashing comment goes towards our local message board in which there was some serious threatening and bashing going on to extreme points, so that is where that comment is stemming from. We don't tolerate violence, threatening, nasty comments, etc.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
Again, no one is forcing you, there's always room in the off-road scene though. Not giving you a "sour" attitude, but at some point the foot has to come down and these are the rules that we have decided to follow. I didn't make them, but I want to run the class, so I adhere to them, simple as that.
You're right, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. And I think the point is being missed, it's not the rules that are the problem, it's the attitude behind them. I personally have no problem following a set of reasonable rules, it's the attitude. The attitudes that are being displayed by a select few are the same type that have killed on road racing in this area every time someone has tried to get it going. That's my $.02 and really all I have left to say about it
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
I hope you are waiting to see what the cars actually look like before you start 2012 decals,they change at the first GP.
BP is; I don’t want to speak for him but at our last points race he mentioned having a lot of them close to being completed but doesn’t want to go to print until the cars roll off the grid at the first Grand Prix, no good having an incomplete/incorrect product.

He’s the man, he’ll get 2012’s liveries out and ready soon enough.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

One of the guys who was a lot behind getting F1 running again here in the UK, and was also a reporter for an RC Car magazine, always ran everything he raced (cars and bikes) in Coca Cola (red/white) colours.
Would he have been turned away from racing in Texas?

Unfortunately he (Dez Chand, see Facebook) lost his life in a road car accident late last year so we shall never know.

Many of us who want to race for fun are already on a tight budget, so asking us to pay mega bucks just to have an F1 specific paint job is just gonna send us else where.

Also some of us live in places/homes that are not convenient or safe to do spray work, so quick spray jobs trackside or roadside is all we can manage.
(would you want to sleep in a room you just sprayed a shell in using spray cans?)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here are couple videos of F1 Qualifier Races during the Carpet Nats Warm Up Race last Saturday at Mike's Hobby Shop.
F1 2nd Qualifier: http://youtu.be/SudUSCbN0xQ
F1 3rd Qualifier: http://youtu.be/8pFXPZnu33M

This is where the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals will be held on March 16 - 18.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As stated to the other fellow, no one is forcing anyone to run. Not forcing you to buy a whole new body, there's no one holding a gun to you. Last, the forum bashing comment goes towards our local message board in which there was some serious threatening and bashing going on to extreme points, so that is where that comment is stemming from. We don't tolerate violence, threatening, nasty comments, etc.
Everything is bigger in Texas, especially their rule book.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For all those who are unsure of how to access the Houston Area F1 Racing Rules.

HOUSTON AREA FORMULA ONE RACING

Alright ladies and gents…..

Here are the rules:

NO Exceptions unless otherwise noted. Stewards reserve the right to accept or deny changes and are the final word.

Motor : 21.5/silver can TBA on F201 only
ESC :blinky mode, no timing
Tires : Rubber only, F1 scale
Body : F1 scale front & rear wing
Width : 205mm maximum
Battery: 2 cell lipo

Chassis accepted are all your Mfg chassis with upgraded chassis that are available to the public.

All Upgraded Chassis will be allowed under these conditions

You must run a Mfg rear and front end suspension off of a mfg 1/10 F1 car
-yes you can change front arms to turnbuckles or anyone elses upgrade *****”THAT IS SOLD TO THE PUBLIC”*****
-Exotech
-Rabbit
-Anyone that is making parts that can be sold is allowed

This is a scale STOCK class and will be treated as such, Your car must follow the livery (scheme) of a real 1:1 Formula team Preferably one that matches your chassis. F104/FGX=2009 and up, F103/f109 2008 and down

Racing format:

2-3(depending on turnout, 8 minute qualifiers with no pit stop. staggered start and you are on your own clock. TQ will be the driver with the most laps in 8 minutes

15min Amain with 1 stop and go pit stop that is not allowed until at least five minutes of the race has transpired. All other mains are 10 minutes with open pit stop time. (but still a stop and go pit stop.

PIT STOPS:

You must come to a COMPLETE stop within the designated pit box and then go. Failure to do so will force another pit stop.

Rules will be re evaluated every 6mths

If you have any questions on the above items please contact at [email protected]

Oh, one more thing…. The Bashing on the forum….. THIS WILL GET YOU DQ’ED from any of our races before you even get to park and set up your stuff. The Keyboard bashing is for facebook and myspace. Thank you guys for your time and interests. We hope to see you at the track!

I would change the livery rule, the rest looks great! I would take new racers in hand and ask them politely to paint it as a 1:1 livery from their favorite team.

Purely as the devil's advocate: Who says Richard Petty never ran F1? Gulf is not sponsoring a 2012 F1 car? Lotus is reviving the Indy winning paint scheme? Alfa Romeo and BRM are both putting cars in the field. I say if you have a picture of the actual race car and do your best to duplicate it, so be it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I would change the livery rule, the rest looks great! I would take new racers in hand and ask them politely to paint it as a 1:1 livery from their favorite team.

Purely as the devil's advocate: Who says Richard Petty never ran F1? Gulf is not sponsoring a 2012 F1 car? Lotus is reviving the Indy winning paint scheme? Alfa Romeo and BRM are both putting cars in the field. I say if you have a picture of the actual race car and do your best to duplicate it, so be it.

"This is a scale STOCK class and will be treated as such, Your car must follow the livery (scheme) of a real 1:1 Formula team Preferably one that matches your chassis. F104/FGX=2009 and up, F103/f109 2008 and down"

i think thats a good rule "preferably"
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
I don't think "banning" the fgx is the answer either....
My point of view was the 200mm (at alot of tracks) cars were banned. Yet the fgx comes out and an exception was quickly made to the rules.(again..not everywhere..just for some of the larger clubs/races). Still leaving the folks that owned 200mm cars not able to race at every event.This sort of stuck in the craw of some of us "wide" folks.

What happens when/if some serious tuner parts come out for the fgx and (speculating here folks) it starts tromping all over the 104?
Do we go back to the 180mm rule?

Again...not a salty dog and this is no soapbox rant (I have/had two 104s
three 103s and a 109 at one time).I just think somebody should speak out for the folks that invested in the wider cars and maybe come up with a solution that works for all of us. I would think getting everyone on the same tire would be a better place to go from here if we want some continuity in the class. We would need either a 103 "offset" rim that fits
104/hpi tires..or some adapters to widen the rear of a 103 enough when running 104 rims.Not "spec" just same size mind you.

As they should most tracks will do what is best for their local racers.
Actually, it's not that expensive to convert a wide car to narrow. Mostly you need 104 tires, and the front end parts, which are not real expensive...

Check this:
http://www.rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/12/f1035.html
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
"This is a scale STOCK class and will be treated as such, Your car must follow the livery (scheme) of a real 1:1 Formula team Preferably one that matches your chassis. F104/FGX=2009 and up, F103/f109 2008 and down"

i think thats a good rule "preferably"
That is a very important word and makes a huge difference. Thanks for pointing that out Marcus.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Actually, it's not that expensive to convert a wide car to narrow. Mostly you need 104 tires, and the front end parts, which are not real expensive...

Check this:
http://www.rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/12/f1035.html
I missed that one, looks good Rob!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Here is the knowledge.
Do you have microsoft paint and a printer? That enough to do a car that looks good on the track. If you have photoshop then you can do bodies that look just about as nice as the decals you pay for.

See the picture below,can you guess which ones are done with decals and which ones are done with a home computer and dollar store double sided tape.
Yes 10 feet away and in a picture on a forum I cant tell the difference. I'll stick with using good quality graphics though thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.