Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2820Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 07-21-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by nubs
I am stuck and hopefully you guys can help me out. I am trying to decide if I want to buy the Tamiya TRF102 or get the RC10F6. I can get the 102 at a steep discount but I keep wondering if I will regret buying that and will be wanting the F6. Is there a significant difference between the two?
There are no significant differences between any current F1, You cant go wrong with any of them. My only suggestion is to go with what your locals have so you can get help and possibly spare parts. If your locals have both the Tamiya and the AE then flip a coin, they are both great cars...As is the Serpent!!
Sillarc likes this.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I still like the 80-90s bodies but I'm weird like that.
Mr Brooksy likes this.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
There are no significant differences between any current F1, You cant go wrong with any of them. My only suggestion is to go with what your locals have so you can get help and possibly spare parts. If your locals have both the Tamiya and the AE then flip a coin, they are both great cars...As is the Serpent!!
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2017, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Finally after many hours dremelling the fgx made it to minimum weight...

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag2357.jpg
Old 07-22-2017, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

[QUOTE=altitudelow;14980190]Trying to get an F104W acclimated to black carpet and there are two issues I've seen in my first few packs:

1) It seems to lift the inside rear just enough to diff out on tight corners. I'm actually not losing rear traction, just acceleration, which makes it quite driveable but frustrating since I can't accelerate hard off a turn. Next time I will try heavier side damper, lowering ride height, or reducing front grip. Any better ideas?
I'm having the same issue, diffing out through a tight corner. The fast guys at our track have locked up the diff with small rings of cardboard between the spur and steel plates
I too was wondering what other guys are doing about this, I still want diff action but the diff on my f110 won't tighten up past a certain point without the cardboard rings.I'm going to try a bit bigger diff balls.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scirocco14
Something a little different. Tyrrell 019 on a CRC WTF1 FC-16.
Hey Scirocco,

Great Tyrrell! Miss the old great teams, the legends they were and the heritage that comes with.

I was wondering what wheels and tyres are those? It looks like you have a wide chassis, am I correct? I'm interested to find wheels (with rubber tyres) that have a greater offset to give a wider stance.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Hey Scirocco,

Great Tyrrell! Miss the old great teams, the legends they were and the heritage that comes with.

I was wondering what wheels and tyres are those? It looks like you have a wide chassis, am I correct? I'm interested to find wheels (with rubber tyres) that have a greater offset to give a wider stance.
That is the CRC WTF1 FC-16 chassis, with CRC premounts.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Mark
Mr Brooksy likes this.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Exotek makes F104 wheels that are compatible with Pit/TCS/CRC rubber tires that have a +3mm offset.
Mr Brooksy likes this.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Some or the actual F1 chassis are rather "large", this would cause some unwanted surface scrub. Moreover, this dimension is somewhat a limit in the softness of the setting.

Available from begin of September, from Fenix, the "Slim chassis line".
For the most popular F1 chassis

Xray X1 17/16/15

Associated F6

Yokomo YRF10

Fenix Mistral
NutDriver and Sillarc like this.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Personally I think they look terrible (I'm quickly coming to the same conclusion with many montech F1 stuff)! I wish that the rules would require period correct bodies and wings (or as close to as possible). These just look like some random person decided to put a Chinese fold out fan on the front of an "F1" car.

Montech product are design and produced in Italy....this design it was a result of test on multile EU track where with flat front wing you have problem with the dots specially on carpet. In this whay you could have less problem on during the race or trainings.

This is the translation, more or less, from the montech site. If you don't like is your choice but my idea is that are very closse to the real car with a modification that reduce the breaks. In our CRC carpet track last year I've changed few sepent front wings ( with old plastic ) and when I install the ETS approved front Montech wing I've used it up to last races when, during free practice during before the start of the race one modified kick my car out of the track!!!!
try that are very robust and with the interchangeable flap the car handling change a lot....try and let me know.

Regards
Old 07-24-2017, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

I've almost finished my Serpent SF2W with a Jordan Mugen Honda 199 of Damon Hill.

First time I have built a non Tamiya car, first time I have painted using liquid mask, and first time I went away from using decals that match the car I was building.

Hope you like.

I'm fairly happy with it so far. Finding it hard to find a wing set that is like the 1999 Jordan, and am not all that excited about the position of the body. The use of the 90's wing makes the rear end look very sparse as the 05 shell is designed for the more forward fitting wing. The front wing also has the wrong shaped end plate (and I have yet to add the yellow vinyl). I also cut the shell out for the the F104 chassis before I changed my mind, so the front suspension cut out's are too large. Am also on the look out for a set of Exotek +3 offset rear rims and foams that will be replace the F104 Pirelli marked tyres.

Anyway, I'll stop being my own biggest critic.
texastc, Antimullet and aracefan like this.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I've almost finished my Serpent SF2W with a Jordan Mugen Honda 199 of Damon Hill.

First time I have built a non Tamiya car, first time I have painted using liquid mask, and first time I went away from using decals that match the car I was building.

Hope you like.

I'm fairly happy with it so far. Finding it hard to find a wing set that is like the 1999 Jordan, and am not all that excited about the position of the body. The use of the 90's wing makes the rear end look very sparse as the 05 shell is designed for the more forward fitting wing. The front wing also has the wrong shaped end plate (and I have yet to add the yellow vinyl). I also cut the shell out for the the F104 chassis before I changed my mind, so the front suspension cut out's are too large. Am also on the look out for a set of Exotek +3 offset rear rims and foams that will be replace the F104 Pirelli marked tyres.

Anyway, I'll stop being my own biggest critic.
Very well done!
I have tons of vintage parts bodies and wings. if you can get me pics i can check what i have!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Regional Moderator

why are antenna tubes still a thing today?????
Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been considering finding my old springy fiberglass antenna tube for the F1, just for aesthetic nostalgia
Antimullet likes this.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by disaster999
why are antenna tubes still a thing today?????
Being that I'm a noob, I personally am not aware of an alternative. I was thinking though, why do we still use body posts? Drift and TCs I've seen use magnets to hold bodies on. Is there something similar for F1?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.