R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #1321
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Wow, nice job on the Lotus. These F-1 bodies are so narrow, I dont know how guys like yourself and BP Shadow mask them off for some of the detail work.
Yeah the Lotus looks awsome Carlos, sorry I couldnt be at Lazer today to see it in person, hopefully it had a great debut outing.
As far as the masking, it is definitely a challenge. The rear portion of the airboxes on the newer bodies are almost impossible to get a uniform coat of paint in let alone taping off. It definitely commands some patience.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #1322
Tech Addict
 
bjholz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MILWAUKEE
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
OMG! Those are sick!!! I want one! I wonder if they are still in business. When i go to the online, the pics don't show up
__________________
www.trackside.com
FT SC10, FT B4, FT T4, b44.1
Tekin, Ace, Airtronics, Sav÷x, Novak, Murfdogg, LRP
bjholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1323
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

It's a pan car with wings.

Two of the main rules our tracks have been
sticking to is "f103/104" type front suspension/no pan car tires.
That car breaks both rules.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #1324
Tech Adept
 
Sauber F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 107
Default

After great pictures of a F1 Renault, Renault inspired paints scheme and a Lotus, I wanted to share some progress photos of my latest project.
So far it is more successful than Sauber's season.




Hardest part so far: Decide on the gray color, so it does not look too light in the sun but also is not too close to black.
__________________
Roland
Sauber F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #1325
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Some progress shot's of my F10.

Got to finish cockpit and get sticker set for Alonso helmet.

Couple of rookie mistakes in the job, but have learnt for the next one.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_4941.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_4937.jpg  
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #1326
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

F10?
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #1327
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Oh, 2010 Ferrari F10.

Thought you were saying it was a HPI F10 but then I saw Tamiya blue.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 AM   #1328
Tech Fanatic
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 833
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
Some progress shot's of my F10.

Got to finish cockpit and get sticker set for Alonso helmet.

Couple of rookie mistakes in the job, but have learnt for the next one.
Looks good I'm guessing that big sticker on the fin is a pain to put on

Are they the stickers from the guy on Ebay?
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #1329
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman View Post
Looks good I'm guessing that big sticker on the fin is a pain to put on

Are they the stickers from the guy on Ebay?
They are the stickers from ebay. They aren't to bad to use, the one of the fin doesn't quite sit well as I don't think these stickers like curves that much.

I did do the wings with white vinyl decals and they were heaps better then the sticker set. Having a spare F60 tamiya sticker set made it easier to cut out to apply to the car.

I've been able to get a Renault R30 set from D-Drive, so that will be next one once I finish the F2008 wing's and the finish the cockpit of the F10.
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #1330
Tech Fanatic
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 833
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
They are the stickers from ebay. They aren't to bad to use, the one of the fin doesn't quite sit well as I don't think these stickers like curves that much.

I did do the wings with white vinyl decals and they were heaps better then the sticker set. Having a spare F60 tamiya sticker set made it easier to cut out to apply to the car.

I've been able to get a Renault R30 set from D-Drive, so that will be next one once I finish the F2008 wing's and the finish the cockpit of the F10.
Are the stickers worth getting or are the D-Drive ones better? I read that the D-Drive ones dont like curves much either

Where did you get the white vinyl decals? I'm thinking of doing the Virgin car and dont want to paint the white lines
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:06 AM   #1331
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman View Post
Are the stickers worth getting or are the D-Drive ones better? I read that the D-Drive ones dont like curves much either

Where did you get the white vinyl decals? I'm thinking of doing the Virgin car and dont want to paint the white lines
I would stick with d drive, they are just better to use.

I just ordered some white vinyl off ebay from a seller in the UK.....very cheap and quick to post....sign d sign was the ebay seller.
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #1332
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,436
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
Some progress shot's of my F10.

Got to finish cockpit and get sticker set for Alonso helmet.

Couple of rookie mistakes in the job, but have learnt for the next one.
Could i ask if the fin is a DIY job or it is from the body kit?
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1333
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Oh crap....NOW I have to get back into F1.
Hey All, have a question since I haven't been following F1 rc for awhile. Are there a good number of "vintage" F1 bodies available. Not collector stuff but bodies currently being produced. Our club is running Vintage Trans Am and Vintage Oval. We're looking forward to adding F1 using the Novac Havoc/25.5 combo and wondering if keeping with the vintage theme is do-able. If anyone can post links to sites that would be great. Thanks !
Can anyone help answer this question I posted earlier ? Thanks

Decided to get back into F1 cars so I could use some help and advice. I have 2 cars that haven't been run in years. 1 Tamiya FW18 (I think ) shelf queen and 1 TRF F103LM that I bought used years ago. It had been converted to the F1 chassis.
1. Would prefer to run rubber tires....where are you folks getting them at ? It doesn't appear Tamiya makes them any more ?
2. From what I'm reading the F103 is still a decent car to run. Any particular upgrades I should consider getting?
3. Like to run brushless with lipo. Any particular chassis conversion that might be best for this ?
4. Anybody suggest going with the F104 or something else ?? ...If so, why ?
5. What ever happened to MLP ?? They seemed to have some awesome stuff.

Thanks in advance...I feel like I'm a hundred years out of touch with F1 rc.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #1334
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 810
Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Could i ask if the fin is a DIY job or it is from the body kit?
There is a fin molded into the bodywork, and if you are cutting out the body and aren't careful, you may cut the fins... They aren't readily noticeable, and they aren't mentioned in the instructions for the body (from what I can remember)
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #1335
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 810
Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Can anyone help answer this question I posted earlier ? Thanks

Decided to get back into F1 cars so I could use some help and advice. I have 2 cars that haven't been run in years. 1 Tamiya FW18 (I think ) shelf queen and 1 TRF F103LM that I bought used years ago. It had been converted to the F1 chassis.
1. Would prefer to run rubber tires....where are you folks getting them at ? It doesn't appear Tamiya makes them any more ?
2. From what I'm reading the F103 is still a decent car to run. Any particular upgrades I should consider getting?
3. Like to run brushless with lipo. Any particular chassis conversion that might be best for this ?
4. Anybody suggest going with the F104 or something else ?? ...If so, why ?
5. What ever happened to MLP ?? They seemed to have some awesome stuff.

Thanks in advance...I feel like I'm a hundred years out of touch with F1 rc.
I'm on my iPhone so I can't sit here an answer all if you questions right now, but D-drive sports has a few vintage bodies on their site for you to look at

http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...=index&cPath=2

check it out
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20781 11-21-2016 05:43 AM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0