Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sauber F1
I don't think the car is out of proportion. There is much room underneath the driver and Tamiya did not have to compromise.
I think I mounted the separate driver piece with the helmet to high which gives the impression everything is too high.
I never saw PB Shadow's picture with the silver helmet driver before but this gives a good indication, how low the driver should sit.

Team Lotus

The body is lexan plastic. I used Pactra Acrylic Basic Blue right out of the bottle.

I am a beginner in driving RC cars, I like to paint them, so I have no idea about the difference between a regular F103 and P34. I usually hit the wall with both.
I looked at it again, I think the cockpit on the model is longer than the one on the real car, which in turn makes the helmet look small. Don't get me wrong, it is still a bitchin model, and I want one. That would make 5 Tyrells in the stable, I would just need to find a decal sheet for my 023 body.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That track is sick. It took me about a minute into the video to realize it wasn't broad daylight on the track, what a great light setup.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

OMG it is at nite--- AND on rubber-
Great huge track!
What motor? B/L?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Before I clicked on the video I knew it would have that gay Euro disco music

But the track and racing look awesome, Rock On !
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GasGod
OMG it is at nite--- AND on rubber-
Great huge track!
What motor? B/L?
Yups, it's our saturdaynight competition at our local track in Heemstede in the Netherlands and yes, the F1's run mostly on rubber tires. It was originally an 1/8 gas track so we have all the space that we need

The F1's you see run a 17.5 BL motor, 2s lipo and speedo's free of choice... The Pro10 (my car on the photo) run a 10.5 BL motor, 2s lipo and speedo free of choice and foam offcoarse...

Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Indeed the track is hugh, it's 278 meter long.
On the straight the speed was about 60-65 kp/h, and i think we can get a bit faster with the right setup.
Their was one car running on foam, but later in the night it got moist and the driver had problems keeping the car on the track.

And the music, hmmm if it is typical european than it is oke. LOL

Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

yep was a cool race last saterday,

Q's went bad for me the F104 was hard to drive that night for me
swapped it too my favorite (TRG F109) for the final

but the finals were much better
2nd place stangings now

the power is awesome with the 17.5t on rubber my TRG F109 did run really good on rubber Ride Front A and Rear A roll-out of 50mm with a SXX Stock Spec
For this season we have only 2 rules a 17.5T motor and FUN.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default last season on foam Halloween and Me

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by border r/c; 04-19-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Calling anybody with a first release P34 "First National City" blue/white body.
I just got a old sealed Body Part Set bag but everything is written in Japanese.
I have a question about the rear wing mount. It seems I would have to build that myself since it is not provided and the set came with a paper template.
Can anybody tell me if the F103 kit came with that piece or what Tamiya suggests?
Unfortunately I did not find a pdf manual on the tamiyausa website.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I just got a old sealed Body Part Set bag but everything is written in Japanese.
I have a question about the rear wing mount. It seems I would have to build that myself since it is not provided and the set came with a paper template.
Can anybody tell me if the F103 kit came with that piece or what Tamiya suggests?
Thanks
Are you talking the very original one? or the one that they released on the 103 chassis?
I will look at mine, I think it might still be in the plastic
Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by border r/c
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
@ border r/c, it was westy1969 and you.

On rubber is so much better in compare to foam last year.
I need to get some more speed on the straight, your trg is so fast i can't keep up.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks
Unfortunately what you have is a re release body set that Tamiya released as a replacement for the orignal P34 that they made in the early 80s,so you do not get the rear wing mount. This body set was a Japan only item that was at hobby shows for a while.
Tamiya later released the complete kit on the F103 chassis. These are two different bodies,the kit came with the alloy rear wing mount and had different mounting holes.

So you either need to make you own wing mount or see if Tamiya US has the wing mount for the kit in stock. You will have to e-mail or call them to check. The new P34(Japan GP) uses a completely different rear wing mount.

Tamiya did the exact samething with the 312t, you also had to make your own rear wing mount and it doesnt have the body mount holes in the body.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default P34

Here is my buddy running his P34. He is down a main from his F103 but he enjoys running it. It falls between the F104 and F103 as far as performace goes. Thats with foam tires and as hopped up as a 15th F103 is. The rear wing ways a ton and hasent got any down force so he runs a normal wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJJBk_vHTI

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 04-20-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: youtube is silly
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

bakaguyjean
It is the Japanese edition since I got it from there.
I might cut it out of brass since I don't think with my abilities I will really drive it.

BP Shadow
Since you never built the kit, you might not need the wing mount and you might let it go for a buck or two.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

bakaguyjean
It is the Japanese edition since I got it from there.
I might cut it out of brass since I don't think with my abilities I will really drive it.

BP Shadow
Since you never built the kit, you might not need the wing mount and you might let it go for a buck or two.
I haven't built the kit yet, yet being the keyword. My kit was in fact still in the plastic, I carefully sliced the bottom of the wrapper and looked in the kit. It has a big honkin' aluminum wing mount.
But I will need it for when I do finally build the kit, which I have a bit of motivation to do now
So no sale sir, but nice try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.