R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #10156
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,381
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have an f1r2 they wish to get rid of?
__________________
X-ray T4'16 stock TC, Xray T4'15 mod sedan, Xray xb4. Xray, Motiv, Team debit card.
Boostinswifty38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #10157
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38 View Post
Anyone have an f1r2 they wish to get rid of?
We should be getting the F1R2 back in stock soon.
If you message me I can put a package price together for you. I have all the parts in stock to piece a car together
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #10158
Tech Initiate
 
CFRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 49
Default

Do raising the pod links by an equal amount front and rear do anything on the handling of the car?
__________________
kyosho eM3 evo
Kyosho M3 evo
SpecR R1
STJFO1
turnigy
CFRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #10159
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFRacing View Post
Do raising the pod links by an equal amount front and rear do anything on the handling of the car?
I can imagine it will have more leverage on both ends working like a stiffer spring while the damping stays the same.


In other words, it will have the same effect as putting a stiffer spring while the thickness of the oil is kept the same.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #10160
Tech Initiate
 
CFRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 49
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
I can imagine it will have more leverage on both ends working like a stiffer spring while the damping stays the same.


In other words, it will have the same effect as putting a stiffer spring while the thickness of the oil is kept the same.
Like a higher roll center??
__________________
kyosho eM3 evo
Kyosho M3 evo
SpecR R1
STJFO1
turnigy
CFRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #10161
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

No effect on roll center since it is a pitch damper.
But the center of gravity will become fractionally higher with the shock raised higher.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #10162
Tech Initiate
 
CFRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 49
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
No effect on roll center since it is a pitch damper.
But the center of gravity will become fractionally higher with the shock raised higher.
Thanks for answering edhchoe. What about the side links.same scenario
Thanks in advance buddy.
__________________
kyosho eM3 evo
Kyosho M3 evo
SpecR R1
STJFO1
turnigy
CFRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #10163
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFRacing View Post
Thanks for answering edhchoe. What about the side links.same scenario
Thanks in advance buddy.
The side link attachment points - especially the rear one- have to stay on the same level as the chassis. As the attachment point gets farther away from the plane of chassis the links will hinder the articulation of the rear pod.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #10164
Tech Regular
 
Norman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brevard, NC
Posts: 289
Default

Hi, For those of you building a Tamiya Ferrari F60 here is a nice detail for the
exhaust tips. Made from aluminum arrow sections and cut to length and glued
with goop on the inside. Regards
Norman2
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imgp0013.jpg  
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #10165
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

nice idea. i was thinking of using styrene tube and i have some metalizer paint i was thinking of spraying them with.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #10166
Tech Regular
 
Norman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brevard, NC
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
nice idea. i was thinking of using styrene tube and i have some metalizer paint i was thinking of spraying them with.
Hi, I tried with a Starbucks straw but could not get the paint to stick on it.
Thanks and regards,
Norman2
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #10167
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
nice idea. i was thinking of using styrene tube and i have some metalizer paint i was thinking of spraying them with.
I'm curious...what do you mean by "metalizer paint"? Is this some special type of paint that simulates metal? I might be interested.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #10168
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

model master paints. its for styrene. i have jet exhaust color also. i may use that since it will look like heated metal exhaust pipe.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #10169
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
model master paints. its for styrene. i have jet exhaust color also. i may use that since it will look like heated metal exhaust pipe.

Do you have the Model Master paint codes for the heated metal exhaust? I will be doing the exhaust pipes on the Gurney Eagle VF1 body soon, and that should work well for that.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #10170
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
Do you have the Model Master paint codes for the heated metal exhaust? I will be doing the exhaust pipes on the Gurney Eagle VF1 body soon, and that should work well for that.
ill go dig them out. they are kind buried but ill find them.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20789 Yesterday 06:01 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0