R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #10111
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
Yep. My chassis is set flat with ride heights very similar to yours. But the sagging makes the middle of the car barely clear 4.0mm limit.




You will have to buy more pinion gears. When we race at Timezone we run something like 2.5 FDR

assuming your chassis plate isnt warped you just need to add a bit more load on that center spring to bring it up. Measure the rear pod at back of the bottom plate front of the bottom plate and rear of chassis plate. the measurement and the front of the bottom plate and rear of the chassis should be almost identical. For example when I measure my car now the rear of the bottom clears the 4.5mm step easily but the front of the bottom and rear of the chassis plate barely clear the 4.5mm step and the rear pivot post screw heads will catch on the step. the front of the chassis plate is 4.25.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #10112
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
sneak peek at the new aero package.
i mounted this to the bottom of the chassis plate. but im rethinking of where i mounted it. should i sandwich it between the motor mounts and the bottom plate?
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #10113
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
assuming your chassis plate isnt warped you just need to add a bit more load on that center spring to bring it up. Measure the rear pod at back of the bottom plate front of the bottom plate and rear of chassis plate. the measurement and the front of the bottom plate and rear of the chassis should be almost identical. For example when I measure my car now the rear of the bottom clears the 4.5mm step easily but the front of the bottom and rear of the chassis plate barely clear the 4.5mm step and the rear pivot post screw heads will catch on the step. the front of the chassis plate is 4.25.
Well. If you look at my car, the center damper attachment is very close to rear of the length. No matter how hard you make it push on the rear pod there is no way the front 3/4 of bottom deck will straighten out. It is on FRP, you know?

edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #10114
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
Well. If you look at my car, the center damper attachment is very close to rear of the length. No matter how hard you make it push on the rear pod there is no way the front 3/4 of bottom deck will straighten out. It is on FRP, you know?

mine is flat up until the first set of screws for the servo mounts. then it curves up slightly from there up to the wing mounts.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #10115
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
mine is flat up until the first set of screws for the servo mounts. then it curves up slightly from there up to the wing mounts.
I cut up the top deck for the battery plug access and it made the matter worse for the bottom deck sagging. But that's what it is.

Do you have a full length top deck on?
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #10116
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

yes full top deck. i dont plan on cutting it either. keeps the rigidity on the chassis.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #10117
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
yes full top deck. i dont plan on cutting it either. keeps the rigidity on the chassis.
My x1 started out with a half top deck. Now it is a quarter top deck.
My son's x1 equivalent has a carbon bottom deck with half top deck and there is some sagging I think.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #10118
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

mine i dont thinks is such a big deal as i measure the front right behind the front tires anyhow for ride height. the car handles well so im not going to mess with it too much.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #10119
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
mine i dont thinks is such a big deal as i measure the front right behind the front tires anyhow for ride height. the car handles well so im not going to mess with it too much.
As long as I can meet the 4mm ground clearance I don't care either.
now let's get back to how we can catch mark..
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #10120
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Who is selling that diffuser Dragon?
Got a F104 Pro V2 and need something to protect gears as wel as looks

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
sneak peek at the new aero package.
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #10121
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

here ya go. good site. fairly quick shipping.

http://www.reflexracing.net/TRG-F103...ok_p_1135.html
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #10122
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

since your in the netherlands this might be more of a viable option.

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...r-carbon-print

its also available in clear you would have to back out of the page a bit to find it.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #10123
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks

Regards Roy
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 AM   #10124
Tech Apprentice
 
KBRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 60
Default

Hi All,

Is there anyone who can tell my, what Compound the of the Ride ETS Formula 1 tire RI-26022 and R-26023 is........?????
KBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #10125
Tech Initiate
 
ErikJan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Posts: 41
Default

The new Williams in Martini colors look great:
ErikJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 Yesterday 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
tonytang1984
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0