Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2820Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It takes the enthusiasts/purists to get the class going...but it is going to take EVERYONE to keep it going. Sticking to the overall scale appearance is important...but we must make sure not to overdo it or that will kill the class just as surely as going toward pure performance cars would as well.

Well said
Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
"Can you please tell me how the paint on my car makes a difference to the amount of fun other people have at the track? Or effects competitiveness? Please also tell me what it is that is such a huge change to the class...."

"You guys are exactly the people I am talking about. The fact is that it does not matter how my car looks, I measure success at a RACE (which is what we are doing) by my results on the race track."

"I'll be the guy with the ugly body that looks nothing like an f1 car........."
These statements sadden me.

9hours of painting, and detailing......

Funny thing is, I was probably more excited to to show off this livery than I was racing AND winning with it. Wish others understood.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thunderbunny that looks great, and to me this is what f1 should look like. I also feel that for club racing it is o.k to have a few cars that can be painted differently. It doesnt stop me from racing and painting up a real team car at all, However I do feel that if you are attending an event and the event has rules wheter it be body or tires etc, you should follow those rules to keep in the spirit of the class and the event. I remember some year back at an event that scotty earnst hosted and it was in the age of boosted speed controls in stock, and when we got to the event scotty said no boost, and when some people complained he said it was his event his track and his rules and if you didn't like it you had the choice to go home. This is what I feel UF1 should be like. The people who started these events put in the time and the effort to organize it and put a set of rules together with their vision in mind. It has been working great this way and there is no reason to change the rules of these specific events.
My opinion
Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny

Funny thing is, I was probably more excited to to show off this livery than I was racing AND winning with it. Wish others understood.
Great job on that 7Up car! Thats what an F1 car should look like-you took your own design (albeit a borrowed one from the '91 Jordan) and applied it to a newer style chassis. I'd like to see more pics please, and I'd like to know how you did the CF detail on the side pods.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny

This body is beautiful. I'm actually in the process of doing the same livery on a F60. I would love to see some more pictures too.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nice looking 191!!!
Here is one I finished today, had to ship it right out so I didn't get any good shots
Old 11-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A huge part of what got F1 back as a viable RC class is the "realistic" look of the cars AND the liveries. At our local carpet track in Southern California, we get 15-20 F1 cars for our point series races and last Winter UF1 Winter series averaged 40 cars per race. Would we not allow someone for running a pink flame car ? No, but you would hear negative comments. There are enough airbrushed flame jobs in TC that run smoothed out NASCAR style bodies and 12th scale that run again, bodies that kinda sorta might look like a LeMans prototype car. F1 bodies look like real F1 cars. A realistic F1 paint scheme gets much more respect than some flamed out "look at me" paint scheme crying for attention. I guess that is why my F1 bodies, that I paint and detail myself, will always look like real F1 cars.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8011.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-gallery_d1_018.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rc-cars-020.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 11-09-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a new SP-1 send me a PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Damn, you guys have some serious painting talent. If I could pull off a paint job like that, I would actually consider more "realistic" schemes. I should take a picture of what I'm running and you guys can judge for yourselves.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
A huge part of what got F1 back as a viable RC class is the "realistic" look of the cars AND the liveries. At our local carpet track in Southern California, we get 15-20 F1 cars for our point series races and last Winter UF1 Winter series averaged 40 cars per race. Would we not allow someone for running a pink flame car ? No, but you would hear negative comments. There are enough airbrushed flame jobs in TC that run smoothed out NASCAR style bodies and 12th scale that run again, bodies that kinda sorta might look like a LeMans prototype car. F1 bodies look like real F1 cars. A realistic F1 paint scheme gets much more respect than some flamed out "look at me" paint scheme crying for attention. I guess that is why my F1 bodies, that I paint and detail myself, will always look like real F1 cars.

Panda
Question Panda: what body and wings did you use on the first body you show, the Camel yellow and green? I'd like to do something similar using the Benetton B195 color scheme. BTW, very nicely done! Thanks, Ed D.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Question Panda: what body and wings did you use on the first body you show, the Camel yellow and green? I'd like to do something similar using the Benetton B195 color scheme. BTW, very nicely done! Thanks, Ed D.
Both Benettons are painted on the Tamiya McLaren MP-24 body set and wings. I did a two color blue and white with the Renault R25 Mild Seven decals for our Winter UF1 season starting next week. Will need to post up some pics of that one later....

Panda
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Rear suspension of the Street Jam SJF1 rc car.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

@Metalnut,

The (formerly known as) F1Paintlab Jordan 191 and their Lotus decals allow you to make an awesome looking, realistic body with only one color. The McLaren an be done with only silver as the color (but the chrome DOES look better). The Red Bull cars can be done with only two colors (but three does look better).
Old 11-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Panda

I agree with you 100% Kevin!!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
I get my jollies by winning. And that's why I race. I hope to see you all at snowbirds. I'll be the guy with the ugly body that looks nothing like an f1 car.........
.....I had your back until you said this. Why are you racing F1 then? Why not just stick to WGT or 1/12 scale?
They are all rear wheel drive pan cars. I would find it hard to believe you are drawn to rubber tires....
Personally I was drawn to the class for the "realistic-ish" aspect of the models.
It's in the rules. Simple. I agree, it would be rediculous to turn someone away, for daring to be different. And I embrace creativity, and uniqueness.

But why not "try" to find a livery from the 60? Odd years of F1 that reflects your sense of identity and dress your awesome machine in it, rather than erecting a flaming pink finger at the establishment?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.