R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #9601
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
The difference is that is quite acceptable for an Indy car but would be frowned upon if not disallowed on an F1 car.
How is that any different than people painting up "fantasy" liveries which most people deem as acceptable? For example my Canon Porsche scheme based off of the Porsche 956/962? Or the globe painted F1 car that was posted earlier...or the Star Wars painted Red Bull F1 car.

This is one thing I'm always on the fence on...I really like the scale painted cars and how they look on the track. But I also really love the fantasy liveries and the other well done but not scale bodies like Mario's.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #9602
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I am going to be racing a car the paint I choose is based on function. With touring cars I make sure the front and back are different colors. This way in a crash you are able to quickly determine which direction the car is facing. Then color, I try to pick something different from others. Nothing worse then the first turn pile up and then two corners later realize you are looking at the wrong car.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #9603
Tech Champion

The only point where I really draw a line is using troll heads instead of the driver helmets LOL
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #9604
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can we at least agre to no 12th scale wheel dots
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #9605
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod View Post
can we at least agre to no 12th scale wheel dots
Or dish wheels

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #9606
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Calling Brad, need this theme, how about giving it a go
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtypecanare View Post
Never???

2012 TCS Race #170 "The Track" @ Harbor Hobby Best of Show Mini Pro
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #9607
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1larry View Post
He already has it available!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #9608
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
Not looking for an online brawl, just looking for acceptance from the establishment that there others who would choose to do something different.
You know Mario, if you stop taking your bodies to the nail salon to get them painted we wouldn't be having this conversation
All kidding aside, for the big races I don't have a problem with a show car type paint scheme, but for UF1 it wouldn't fly. My point in Vegas and to this day is that you have at least a dozen other classes that you can run any paint scheme you want, if everyone shows up with whatever they want then it just becomes another class and is not really unique. I make almost 50 different decal sheets that with a bit of creativity could be turned into something unique while still staying in the spirit of the class.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #9609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default F-1 Movie Stars

Guys go see the photos I took of the Lauda / Mass F1 cars - stars of the movie Rush:

www.whatbrakes.com

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #9610
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer

This discussion of paint schemes and realism seems to involve respect and the realism. There are less than 28 cars in the GP races recently, but a health rc F1 race will have more than that. So, if everyone picked a current team that they wanted to emulate, then when we have a pile up of three cars with identical paint schemes it would be confusing. However if you paint a body similar to the current cars a potentially realistic scheme then hopefully everyone would be happy.

I think it is a matter of respect. An of course at national events, the manufacturers sponsoring their drivers and products want their brands to be noticed, so it should be expected that they would not "hide" under a body painted without their brand.

It is a matter of does the participant put more emphasis on "model" or "race" when they have a race a model car.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #9611
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to C5R01

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1larry View Post
it's in his store.
Tamiya Garage:TB03; TA05V2-IFS; 414X #60;F104 V2;TA03r-s:TA03F:TA03R: FF01: FF03: M01: M03: M06: 1/14 Mercedes Semi truck- w/Reefer trailer ( fully functional): Tamiya Juggernaut 4X4X4, Tamiya RC Freightliner Cascadia Evo.; Honda City Turbo WR-02C; TRF102 F1
OTHERS:Kyosho 1/8th scale nitro Corvette C6R: Yokomo GT4 nitro, Slash 2WD,TA SCm5
C5R01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #9612
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
And I also have no ill will toward you. But I do have a problem with someone who comes up to me and says point blank, your bodies should be disallowed, and there should be rules that make all cars be copies.

That is my point. You can't leave it up to one person or a group of people to say that one paint job is ok, while others are not. Or one paint job is in the "sprit" of f1, and one is not. Let people enjoy what they are doing. If it's not what you would do, that's ok, but don't try to force your vision of what you think it should be on others.

Like I said, mrod, I have no problem with you either, and I don't mean to come across like I am attacking you personally, you were just the first one to respond.

F1 is growing, and it is growing fast, gaining acceptance by many manufactures who are giveing it the credit it should get. That attention has the potential to pull f1 from the ranks of a "funster" class to a truly respected form of onroad racing.

I'm not a huge fan of real f1. I like it, I think the cars are cool. I don't follow it, I don't watch it on tv, unless flipping thru channels and come across it. I love the way the cars look, I love the fact that it's different from anything I have ever raced. I hope Rc f1 is the shot in the arm onroad needs. I would love to see a race with 40 or 50 f1s at it. I'm not trying to change the class to suit me. I'm just trying to run a body that doesn't look like anyone else's without being viewed as a threat to the sanctity of f1 racing around the world.
So your not a huge F1 fan, You drive a car that no-one can purchase right now and you win a race with said car and want to turn the fun class into another lets make it this way because it needs to be different and less fun.

Robk, Brad, and the west coast guys are keeping it fun but competitive. I think it should stay that way.
Tamiya Garage:TB03; TA05V2-IFS; 414X #60;F104 V2;TA03r-s:TA03F:TA03R: FF01: FF03: M01: M03: M06: 1/14 Mercedes Semi truck- w/Reefer trailer ( fully functional): Tamiya Juggernaut 4X4X4, Tamiya RC Freightliner Cascadia Evo.; Honda City Turbo WR-02C; TRF102 F1
OTHERS:Kyosho 1/8th scale nitro Corvette C6R: Yokomo GT4 nitro, Slash 2WD,TA SCm5
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #9613
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

How is changing a paint scheme to match the rest of your stable taking away the fun?
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #9614
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
How is changing a paint scheme to match the rest of your stable taking away the fun?
I was referring to this:

F1 is growing, and it is growing fast, gaining acceptance by many manufactures who are giveing it the credit it should get. That attention has the potential to pull f1 from the ranks of a "funster" class to a truly respected form of onroad racing.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #9615
Tech Elite

It's more of an aesthetic thing and the spirit of the format.

Personally I rather enjoy seeing the F1 liveries or close to real liveries on the track, that does enhance the enjoyment factor for me increasing the fun value. That's my opinion and I feel it's shared by the majority of RC F1 racers.

We do allow other paint jobs to race with us. Some have very wild and vivid schemes but it seems that those are becoming rarer as they get into the spirit of the format or drop out.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote