R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #9556
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default speed passion sp1

Just finished my speed passion sp1. I did a special hydrographics dip on the chassis and it came out really cool. let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0132.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0133.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0134.jpg  
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #9557
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think that's pretty bad ass.
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #9558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like it. Interested in doing more?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #9559
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod View Post
Just finished my speed passion sp1. I did a special hydrographics dip on the chassis and it came out really cool. let me know what you think.
Very cool!
tdu verney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #9560
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Looks great Mark, where did you get that done at?
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #9561
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Holy crap that is awesome! Yeah, seriously, is that something I could pay you/someone to do as well?

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #9562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

It's call hydro dipping. I would search for a shop in your area.
Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta SC/ST
Axial SCX10, Axial Yeti, G-Made/AX10, Losi Micro Crawler, Sakura D3 CS(x2)
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #9563
Tech Adept

I can get in contact with the guy who did it for me if anyone would like to do this. PM me with your email address and I will have him contact you with the available prints, and he can give you a quote on how much for your chasis and any additional parts you may want.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #9564
Tech Champion

Wonder how durable that is
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #9565
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Yes please

@MROD

That is pretty sweet. I'm in!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #9566
Tech Elite

Quote:
you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me…….i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet…….. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #9567
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me…….i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet…….. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
We have the "realistic" and "scale" requirement at our track, but nothing specific about paint schemes. My F1 is Pactra Yellow with some Renault stickers from F1Paintlabs. It's far from accurate, I looked at a bunch of different pictures to get an "average" of what it could look like. I have a white "Stig" driving. Nobody has said anything negative about it.

Maybe you have a lot more a$$holes at your track, come join ours up here, we'd love to have ya

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #9568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me.i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet.. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
That would look totally accurate with a Mark Webber shell on top....
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #9569
Tech Adept

Quote:
you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me.i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet.. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
Actually that is not true. I am one of those purist in effect. You can decorate and sticker your chassis any way you like, but the thing in question is just the livery of the body. To me F1 should still look like an F1 car when it is going around the track. I dont think that F1 bodies should be painted with off road paint schemes, it doesn't look good to me, and that is just a personal thing. Part of the things that make this class cool is the way it looks, it is designed to simulate real race cars and that is what I think appeals to so many people. When some one new comes and sees a real looking F1 car they go "I can get into something like that". I am by no means saying that I think that f1 bodies should be painted like this, chasis are fine because you dont se them on the track so the realism of the class is still maintained.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #9570
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Actually that is not true. I am one of those purist in effect. You can decorate and sticker your chassis any way you like, but the thing in question is just the livery of the body. To me F1 should still look like an F1 car when it is going around the track. I dont think that F1 bodies should be painted with off road paint schemes, it doesn't look good to me, and that is just a personal thing. Part of the things that make this class cool is the way it looks, it is designed to simulate real race cars and that is what I think appeals to so many people. When some one new comes and sees a real looking F1 car they go "I can get into something like that". I am by no means saying that I think that f1 bodies should be painted like this, chasis are fine because you dont se them on the track so the realism of the class is still maintained.
+1

I couldn't agree more.