R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #9406
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

you can change the thickness of the lateral damper , and/or the lateral springs for something harder.
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #9407
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,805
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
F1 Tuning.

Other than inner camber links how do you adjust the rotation of the car? My car seems like on corner entry all the weight is going to the front wheels and it's pivoting on the front as opposed to turning smoothly through the corner.

RobK? :P
I had this issue too. Experimenting with the position of the steering links (ie: moving the servo or using different holes on the upright) worked well for me. Probably ackermann
__________________
T4 | X1 | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #9408
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
F1 Tuning.

Other than inner camber links how do you adjust the rotation of the car? My car seems like on corner entry all the weight is going to the front wheels and it's pivoting on the front as opposed to turning smoothly through the corner.

RobK? :P
I'm still a novice with pan cars, but... reduce the pod droop? You basically want less weight transfer to the front, so, if the pod can't droop more weight should stay on the rear tires, I would think.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #9409
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,404
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
F1 Tuning.

Other than inner camber links how do you adjust the rotation of the car? My car seems like on corner entry all the weight is going to the front wheels and it's pivoting on the front as opposed to turning smoothly through the corner.

RobK? :P
Reduce shock length (droop)
Remove spacers from steering rack ballstuds
Thicker lube in side damper
heavier front spring
reduce camber
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #9410
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,472
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
I had this issue too. Experimenting with the position of the steering links (ie: moving the servo or using different holes on the upright) worked well for me. Probably ackermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
I'm still a novice with pan cars, but... reduce the pod droop? You basically want less weight transfer to the front, so, if the pod can't droop more weight should stay on the rear tires, I would think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Reduce shock length (droop)
Remove spacers from steering rack ballstuds
Thicker lube in side damper
heavier front spring
reduce camber

thanks for the tips. I will test these next time out.

Robk see you at the USSRCR race!
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #9411
Tech Regular
 
DIRTMONKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Posts: 377
Default

New F1 in the pit.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-p1010010-2-.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-p1010033.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-p1010047-2-.jpg  
__________________
DMP RC ART WURX
Thanks to - SWORKZ Aust / Ryper Hobbies - SWORKz S350 EVO II Limited Edition / SWorkz S350T Pro Competition - AKA Aust - INTENSE RC HOBBIES - RB-BARMAH RC - TEAM UPGRADE RC -PLAIG BEARINGS - WALTER R/C Hobby - SERPENT Spyder SCT SRX-2 -SERPENT Spyder RM - SERPENT Spyder ST - SERPENT F110
DIRTMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #9412
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY View Post
New F1 in the pit.
Looks nice! Which body is that?
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #9413
Tech Fanatic
 
Madulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 982
Default

My guess is speedpassion cause the nose it cut
__________________
Hobbywing North America Team Driver
hobbywingdirect.com

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #9414
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hmm.....
the helmet on the sidepod makes me wonder if it would be legal (at least for ONE event) to permanently mount the helmet there. I don't think the general rules say that the helmet has to be attached to the driver's torso!
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #9415
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Hmm.....
the helmet on the sidepod makes me wonder if it would be legal (at least for ONE event) to permanently mount the helmet there. I don't think the general rules say that the helmet has to be attached to the driver's torso!
I don't see the point of that....unless it was R2D2.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #9416
Tech Regular
 
DIRTMONKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Posts: 377
Default

Yes it is a SPEED PASSION F-68 Body

LMAO R2D2 Like Mark Webber we got repremanded for giving R2 a lift lol

It is the first Mercedes I've done to date, the decal kit is last years model no black berry sponsorship, If I do another one it will be better next time around.
__________________
DMP RC ART WURX
Thanks to - SWORKZ Aust / Ryper Hobbies - SWORKz S350 EVO II Limited Edition / SWorkz S350T Pro Competition - AKA Aust - INTENSE RC HOBBIES - RB-BARMAH RC - TEAM UPGRADE RC -PLAIG BEARINGS - WALTER R/C Hobby - SERPENT Spyder SCT SRX-2 -SERPENT Spyder RM - SERPENT Spyder ST - SERPENT F110
DIRTMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #9417
Tech Regular
 
BadPanda818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Camp Pendelton
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I'm trying to get into F1 scene but can't decide between the two chassis SP-1 or F113 by 3Racing. I like to drive the "black sheep" variety as you can see from my signature and prove guys wrong. I'm being cocky to begin with. I think it's just adding the extra TLC and know how. Basically I like to race with the underdog type chassis and see what happens. I've seen the f103's and f104's. Just too many people using the same chassis. I like the extra variety. If I've confused you guys it's just I can't explain my logically to some to make sense. Thanks.
__________________
Capricorn Lab TE-01 Orion R10 Pro, Orion VST2X 17.5, KO RSX One
Capricorn Lab TE-01 ORCA VX3, ORCA RX3, KO RSX One
HPI Cup Racer, Orion R10 Pro, Orion 17.5 VST, Savox 1251 servo
Axial Wraith, Orion R8 Pro, Reline Pro4 3300 Kv, Hitec 7950 servo
Futaba 4PKS R All sponsored by Visa
BadPanda818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #9418
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

If you want a top-shelf car that is an underdog in the US, check out the WRC F180. Brad sells them at F1Paintlab. Many F103/104 parts are interchangeable, but it still retains that Italian flair.

Scott
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #9419
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPanda818 View Post
I'm trying to get into F1 scene but can't decide between the two chassis SP-1 or F113 by 3Racing. I like to drive the "black sheep" variety as you can see from my signature and prove guys wrong. I'm being cocky to begin with. I think it's just adding the extra TLC and know how. Basically I like to race with the underdog type chassis and see what happens. I've seen the f103's and f104's. Just too many people using the same chassis. I like the extra variety. If I've confused you guys it's just I can't explain my logically to some to make sense. Thanks.
Does your track have F1 width rules?
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #9420
Tech Elite
 
portyansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,929
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Ok, we race f1 rubber. Which is the one to get? Price doesn't matter. Mainly looking for reliability and part support.
portyansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 Yesterday 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
quinto73
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0