R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #9136
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
I remember when Autographics stopped making the Goodwrench decals. In response to the issues, they made "GoodWreck" and then had seperate "nch" on the sheet as well. You could but the "ck" off and add "nch" and have "Goodwrench" again. I don't know if this garnered a response from authority-types or not. BoLINK (now known as RJSpeed) had issues with at least one full-size car manufacturer for selling a copy of one of their cars with the car's name on it. If you check out www.TheLastOpenRoad.com, you'll find a book called "Montezuma's Ferrari". The author was served with a cease and desist letter regarding his logo, which has a vague resemblance to the Ferrari logo, but is made of chili peppers. I can't say I'm surprised. If Brad's decals were crap and no one liked them, that would be one thing. Since they're great and everyone buys them, Bernie and his F1 Nazis want their pound of flesh.
The silly parts is the Sauber decal are just a collection of logos,It not like they are really Sauber logos,but from different companies.Is there anything that really says Sauber or Williams on either of the cars?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #9137
Tech Apprentice

Im not sure I understand the logic behind this.
The teams are all about being seen - Hence why sponsors pay BIG money to get the logo put on the cars.
So why does a little free advertising scare them so much!
It's not as though we are damaging a brand!
simmo0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #9138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for all the support. I knew of the possibility of issues when I started this , I just didn't think they would catch up with me this soon. There are two ways of looking at it and I understand both sides of it. They have to treat everyone the same big or small.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #9139
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Since they're great and everyone buys them, Bernie and his F1 Nazis want their pound of flesh.
Bernie ALWAYS gets his cut (or @ least they try).
Old 07-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #9140
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Thanks for all the support. I knew of the possibility of issues when I started this , I just didn't think they would catch up with me this soon. There are two ways of looking at it and I understand both sides of it. They have to treat everyone the same big or small.
And about Lotus E21 (2013) decals, are there "license issues" there too ???
I hope not...
Kappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #9141
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappe View Post
And about Lotus E21 (2013) decals, are there "license issues" there too ???
I hope not...
...just don't advertise them on the site....they can be like weed in Amsterdam coffee shops...It's not advertised...all you have to do is ask...
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #9142
Tech Master

I still didn't get my chassis for the BT-45 body

When laying around lazy on my terrace yesterday, I suddenly got the idea to convert one of my TC6 chassis to a rear wheel drive F1 chassis. The real wheel drive was no problem, but it took some time before my brain came up with an idea how to fit the suspension under the low front of the BT-45 body. Surprinsingly my ideas worked with only using TC6 spares and making small parts from spare cfk I had laying around. What came out is an touring car like chassis that is capable to hide under the BT-45 body with all benefits of an independent suspension (like a mix of F113 and FGX). I haven't finished it yet, but want to show the front, as I like the look of the front suspension:

Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #9143
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know if there is a shell available with a nose profile like this?

I wonder if a new F1 shell for 2013 will come out - Im probably wishful thinking

[IMG][/IMG]
simmo0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #9144
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Speed Passion F1 body is your closest bet. It comes with 4 different nose profiles.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #9145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Yesterday we had a nice step for F1 racing. It was the first annual RC race held at the Circuit of the Americas! They put out a HUGE uphill track and there were nitro and Electric classes F1 was the biggest electric class and we put on a show! our laptimes were not much slower (may have actually been faster than 17.5 TC) and we couldnt be touched on the infield (well except for Nitro foam cars!) It was yet another Epic battle between Chris Jones and I. I didnt qualify so well was having handling issues so i had to start Q3 in both mains i managed to run down Chris make a clean pass and finished 4.5 seconds in front with the fastest laptime. In A2 the RD didnt reset the clock so it was only a 5min race (none of us knew this) i managed to run down Chris again and built up a pretty good lead, made a mistake he got around me and then we swapped leads about 5 times in the last min or so, I got rear ended on the last lap and ended up second by only a second or so but my fast lap and extended win in A1 handed me the win! Ironically Lewis hamilton won the first COTA event and i won the first RC COTA event with his car!!
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/24/h3pg.jpg

Last edited by MantisWorx; 07-30-2013 at 06:41 AM.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #9146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That's awesome, Mantis. I hope that someone was shooting video!

Scott

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #9147
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
I still didn't get my chassis for the BT-45 body

When laying around lazy on my terrace yesterday, I suddenly got the idea to convert one of my TC6 chassis to a rear wheel drive F1 chassis. The real wheel drive was no problem, but it took some time before my brain came up with an idea how to fit the suspension under the low front of the BT-45 body. Surprinsingly my ideas worked with only using TC6 spares and making small parts from spare cfk I had laying around. What came out is an touring car like chassis that is capable to hide under the BT-45 body with all benefits of an independent suspension (like a mix of F113 and FGX). I haven't finished it yet, but want to show the front, as I like the look of the front suspension:
Can you try M-chassis size tires? Touring car tires seem a little to large.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #9148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Brabham

The issue may be to find wheels/tires that will look right. The car should be just under 200mm wide (not sure if front and rear are the same but the specs I found say the "width" is like 197cm). Also the rears are huge. How to fit small enough fronts and large enough rears may be difficult.
Keep us informed on what you end up with. I have ordered the Lola T-70 and want to adapt some type of TC chassis. Luckily the T-70 tires appear to be close to VTA....
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #9149
Tech Master

Brilliant idea Bakaguyjean!
I haven't thought of tires yet. I checked rcmart for the wheel size and it should fit my TC suspension. The wheeldesign on the other side will be problem. I don't think that there are fitting designs. For the rear I thought about using F103 tires, but with them the car will exceed the 240mm width! So a Scaler rear tire with a diameter of 62mm and a width of 30mm and a M-Chassis tire with a diameter of 56mm and a width of 26mm will have to do the job for now.

Thanks for your ideas!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #9150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default f103 bodies on f104

Can you fit an f103 body on an f104 based chassis?

I would like to run the a Mclaren mp4 body on new serpent f110. From the photos is looks like it is based on an f104 chassis and has f104 body fitted.

Thanks
Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote