R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #8401
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,957
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Rtype, were you running them to turn the fastest lap at the Speedtech Grand Club Race too?
Hi Cuda, yes I was running TCS tires at the Speedtech race and did some tire testing earlier today. The track was fantastic and traction was awesome, almost epic.

Speaking of tire testing...let's go beat on the twitching, nearly dead horse for a bit. I really don't have any skins in this game because I run F1 for fun and like to share whatever cool things we find.

Despite snide comments and remarks, I'm actually pretty cool with information that is accurate and stand by my belief that the tires are of the same compound. Contrary to being told that I "argue about nothing and for no reason", I really don't have time for that. I was simply sharing my experience and insight with the issue being discussed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Take a brand new set of both and run them for 10 min and you will see that the 571 show a very strange wear pattern where as the TCS look more like a normal scrubbed in tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
PIT/TCS rear tire testing:
85* ambient temperature
75% humidity
112* track temp
unprepped asphalt

Each tire was coated with SWEEP tire conditioner at the same time and left uncovered all night.
Each set was run hard for exactly 10 minutes on fresh packs
PIT 0572

Tamiya TCS


Just like i stated in the beginning of this whole thing the tires are different, the PIT's have this strange wavy texture to them that was not there in the beginning and the center stripe is still there. The TCS tires have a slightly grainy texture and the stripe is almost gone indicating that they are in fact softer than the hard 572. So in conclusion I think it is safe to say that the compounds are NOT the same. I rest my case
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Sorry but they are not the same, TCS do not and will not wave like that( you probably had 572's on when you saw the wave). If you can make them do it lets see a pic! If it was track conditions then why were they different today? I just proved that under identical situations and at the same time they are different, just as i said from the beginning You dont even make sense to be honest, if it depended on track conditions and driven at the same time then what happened today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Just because your sisters, uncles best friend that works at Tamiya say so means nothing!! Maybe PIT pulled a fast one on Tamiya I have shown you proof that they are not and you have only attempted to argue by keyboard with ZERO proof except hearsay!! Post some pics, show some proof! By all means prove me wrong. I have gone out of my way and conducted what i believe is about as accurate as i can do with out and actual material sample that they are not the same. If you choose not to believe than so be it but if so you are simply blind or your computer screen needs cleaning
As I said before, you're close. I have family and friends that work at Tamiya in the US and Japan, including the person who worked on getting us these terrific, TCS legal tires. I'll take their word as fact and as close to the truth as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Rtype just likes to argue about nothing and for no reason
I simply provided a correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Dont hate on me because you didnt notice the difference in the first place, thats a you problem not a we problem

The fastest lap and track record here at our last UF1 race was set on pits so whats your point exactly???

I never said the TCS were bad I just said they were different, clear off the fog on your reading glasses and get your facts straight!


I can go on, but if you'd like to take this discussion offline and in PM, I'm fine with that.


Pictures speak a thousand words...

New TCS tires


After a scrub in run


Another set scrubbed in


Wavy texture



In the end we're all winners since the folks at Tamiya took the time to work with Pit to get us an awesome TCS tire.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire3.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire4.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tire5.jpg  

rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #8402
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All, Some new 104 updates are in;
How bout some stuff for the SP-1 Would love to see the rim with a 0 off-set for the SP-1 and people running a more narrow width. Plus I'm sure there's some cool stuff Exotek can make for the SP-1 as well
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #8403
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,406
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

This may be piling on but here's some new TCS tires from today........



https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-F...518_160007.jpg



https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2...518_160021.jpg
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:56 AM   #8404
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are there any offset rims for the F104, like the Exotek ones, but for the Tamiya foam donuts? Or is it possible to glue the donuts on the Exotek offset wheels? I would love to have my car a little wider.
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #8405
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,193
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

No. You will need the R Sector wide conversion kit.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #8406
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thank you
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #8407
Tech Master
 
T.MARSHALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Talking

Gee wiz, I'd like to thank Tamiya USA and the track crew for working so hard to provide us with this five star race facility. You guys have done it again. The track is totally and awesome. The traction is the best its ever been. Brian, Fred and to the of rest the Tamiya family you guys are the shit. Period! Oops! Sorry kids I meant the s*@%.
__________________
My favorite track of all time was my home track 301Raceway! Thanks Cwit!
T.MARSHALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #8408
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,945
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Maybe put Pit tires on left side, TCS tires on right side, run the car and see if they are same or different?
__________________
www.rccartips.com
www.f1rccars.com
www.f1rcclub.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #8409
Tech Adept
 
eff one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 126
Default kyosho plazma

Here is the new kyosho plazma kit. It was late and i grabbed the wrong red can of paint so i just couldnt put the ferrari decals on, so i went with a kyosho livery, until i purchase another body set. I converted the front end to fit the f104 front, im pretty impressed with how this car handles, have not run it with the 200mm front yet.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-202.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-205.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-207.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-210.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-italy-2013-other-pics-209.jpg  

__________________
BLASTF1 Championship
Racing since 1994
eff one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #8410
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Are there any offset rims for the F104, like the Exotek ones, but for the Tamiya foam donuts? Or is it possible to glue the donuts on the Exotek offset wheels? I would love to have my car a little wider.
You could also grind the lip off the Exotek wheel and like magic it's now a Foam wheel
__________________
UF1 Seattle - SPEEDWERKES - VBC Racing - Team ORCA
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #8411
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is that possible? Is the outside diameter of foam and shimizu rubber wheels the same?
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #8412
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Is that possible? Is the outside diameter of foam and shimizu rubber wheels the same?
They should fit since Shimzu´s are designed for tamiya foam wheels.
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #8413
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've got a set mounted on one of my chassis now. Just don't go crazy and take too much off
__________________
UF1 Seattle - SPEEDWERKES - VBC Racing - Team ORCA
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #8414
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 204
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All, Some new 104 updates are in;

http://www.exotekracing.com/latest-products/

Hi,

Just curious, I have the Tamiya f60 standard kit right. If i was to buy this exotek upgrade kit would i just be able to swap over the parts i have on that to this. The reason i ask is of the floating rear of the car as compared to the standard flat deck.
pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #8415
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
Here is the new kyosho plazma kit. It was late and i grabbed the wrong red can of paint so i just couldnt put the ferrari decals on, so i went with a kyosho livery, until i purchase another body set. I converted the front end to fit the f104 front, im pretty impressed with how this car handles, have not run it with the 200mm front yet.
Andrew,
Looks like you are having fun with it, I have the F2012 bodies in stock, so let me know when you are ready. Working on the schedule for the next series now.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0