R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #8251
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadman1981 View Post
Anyone?
Yes,
They were the spec tire for the UF1 Midwest series as well as last years IIC Race in Vegas. They are not as fast as the Pits, but the wear is decent and you can't beat the price. I am actually the US distributor for Pardus. We are working on some things to improve the tires for carpet, they actually work pretty well outdoors from what I heard
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #8252
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadman1981 View Post
Anyone?
They work well with a smooth balanced feeling on both carpet and asphalt. They have a little less grip than the TCS/shimuza tires resulting in slower lap times.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #8253
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

nevermind
__________________
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #8254
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,957
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Box-o-rubber-tars...



Now if only I can mount and run them all at once, my junk would stick to the ceiling!
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f1-tars.jpg  
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #8255
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Box-o-rubber-tars...



Now if only I can mount and run them all at once, my junk would stick to the ceiling!
So you test tires too?

We'll see if it pays off (again) tomorrow, it's gonna be epic! (again).
__________________
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #8256
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
They work well with a smooth balanced feeling on both carpet and asphalt. They have a little less grip than the TCS/shimuza tires resulting in slower lap times.
We are working on this, they are typically 3-4 10ths slower than the Pits, but as a spec tire it doesn't matter because everyone is running the same tire
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #8257
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,175
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Considering i just took those pics last night as we were talking about it yes! You can clearly see that those tires are not the same and you can clearly see that the compound was absorbed by the TCS tires while the Pits were not. I dont really see how you can argue with that.....but of course you will

Now i will admit that the new sets seem to be a lot closer but they have not been run yet so there is a chance that NOW they are all the same.
Looking at those pictures... how have both the old sets been treated? Have they been used in the same way, on the same surface, had the same number of runs? Yes, they look different, but if any of those above factors is not the same, then I'm sorry, but saying the compound is different would certainly not be my first assumption...
Will be interested to see the feedback after you've run the new sets, having treated them the same way... as any good scientific experiment should be conducted
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #8258
Tech Addict
 
Cadman1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 548
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for the input, i'll be trying them on the 19th,
__________________
Awesomatix A700L
Tamiya Exotek F104v2
HPI Vorza HP 2.4ghz
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #8259
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

If you are 1 lap slower what are you going to do? Keep using them?
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #8260
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Looking at those pictures... how have both the old sets been treated? Have they been used in the same way, on the same surface, had the same number of runs? Yes, they look different, but if any of those above factors is not the same, then I'm sorry, but saying the compound is different would certainly not be my first assumption...
Will be interested to see the feedback after you've run the new sets, having treated them the same way... as any good scientific experiment should be conducted

All of my tires are treated the exact same way cleaned the same way and stored the same way. They are all balanced on a propeller balancer.I am very anal about my tires. Every set of my TCS tires look exactly the same with the exception of the new sets which i have not run yet. I only use certain tires on certain tracks even if its the same compound and i only use this particular combo at Mikes. My containers are dated and Clay and i use a laptop for test results, with track temp, humidity and ambient air. Explain to me how you can MAKE a set of tires absorb compound and explain to me how ALL of the 571's look the same. The bottom 571 tire on that pic is actually older than the TCS in that pic. LOOK AT THE PIC!!! even without the compound line they dont even look the same, all 571'''s have a glaze to them while all the TCS are grainy.
This is not my first rodeo, I didnt wake up to try and pull a fast one on you guys, it is what it is. Saying that Me clay and JAyl (who i dont even know) are all making this up just for kicks just makes no sense!! How about proving otherwise and test for yourself? It has rained for the last two day so i will not be able to test but our first UF1 race is next sunday so i will have feedback on the latest tires, maybe now they actually are the same but out of the 4 pair of 571's and 3 pair of TCS that i currently have they are not the same and the TCS do not work as well on hot tracks.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #8261
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,175
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
All of my tires are treated the exact same way cleaned the same way and stored the same way. They are all balanced on a propeller balancer.I am very anal about my tires. Every set of my TCS tires look exactly the same with the exception of the new sets which i have not run yet. I only use certain tires on certain tracks even if its the same compound and i only use this particular combo at Mikes. My containers are dated and Clay and i use a laptop for test results, with track temp, humidity and ambient air. Explain to me how you can MAKE a set of tires absorb compound and explain to me how ALL of the 571's look the same. The bottom 571 tire on that pic is actually older than the TCS in that pic. LOOK AT THE PIC!!! even without the compound line they dont even look the same, all 571'''s have a glaze to them while all the TCS are grainy.
This is not my first rodeo, I didnt wake up to try and pull a fast one on you guys, it is what it is. Saying that Me clay and JAyl (who i dont even know) are all making this up just for kicks just makes no sense!! How about proving otherwise and test for yourself? It has rained for the last two day so i will not be able to test but our first UF1 race is next sunday so i will have feedback on the latest tires, maybe now they actually are the same but out of the 4 pair of 571's and 3 pair of TCS that i currently have they are not the same and the TCS do not work as well on hot tracks.
Now you have explained your test procedures, I'm happy to accept that there is a difference. I'm not blind, and can see for myself (hell it's not my first rodeo either), but no where before did you explain exactly what you had run/treated the tires like, so excuse me for asking more questions to better understand the situation. That's the engineer in me, and I make no apologies for it!

Oh and FYI... the rears are 572, not 571...

Still interested to see the feedback on the new sets however.
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #8262
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post

Oh and FYI... the rears are 572, not 571...
Doh! Missed it by that much.
Lots of rodeos in Texas so how bout a Mulligan on this one.
__________________
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #8263
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Now you have explained your test procedures, I'm happy to accept that there is a difference. I'm not blind, and can see for myself (hell it's not my first rodeo either), but no where before did you explain exactly what you had run/treated the tires like, so excuse me for asking more questions to better understand the situation. That's the engineer in me, and I make no apologies for it!

Oh and FYI... the rears are 572, not 571...

Still interested to see the feedback on the new sets however.
Engineer and CNC machinist here(30 years!!), we have the same mindset!Dont take what i said personally I actually didnt mean that to be directed to anyone in particular. No apology needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Doh! Missed it by that much.
Lots of rodeos in Texas so how bout a Mulligan on this one.
My bad, I am pretty sure we all assumed i was talking about the rears
I probably mounted and balanced 10 sets of wheels and tires this week for other people so I have been writing 571/572 on lots of wheels!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #8264
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

<sniff> reminds me of Sadat and Begin and the whole Detente thing <sniff>
:'-)
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #8265
Tech Fanatic
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 999
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I am new to F1 I have a problem mounting and gluing my tires on. I think I used the wrong rims I used a Tamiya rubber tire rim, I ground down the outer lip but it didn't fit on the rim to my satisifaction! and I'm having a fit and bonding problem.
Question what rim do I use for pitshimizu tires and what glue to bond it to the tires? I have had a problem of the tire un gluing in spots during the race.
What kind of balancer do you use and weights for the wheels?
__________________
Tamiya/Exotek EXO6 USGT, Tamiya TB03 GT3, Exotek FR1V2
Roche Rapid 1/12, XRay Speed Merchant WGT
http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
"Take an early lead and extend it".(Fast Eddie Janis)
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20799 Yesterday 09:18 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0