Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Responded to it!

Edit - Is this was you were talking about with the disk?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Older Body F1 to buy

Hi! Where can i buy body to the classic 60′s cigar shape?
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Cool I will take 4 of them to start LOL! sent you a message over in SW
Put me down for at least 3 of those front suspension arms! Any chance of making them so that the camber is adjustable by 1 or 2 degrees?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
I wouldn't say its the design that's flimsy, that shapeways stuff imo is very weak. Maybe printed with the other nylon type material would be a better product!
There are a few different types of 3d print materials, the one I have is actually ABS plastic, the ones in the picture i posted of the pistons was made on an Objet printer which uses a softer weak material but is more precise. You need a FDM type printer for RC stuff due to the strength, keep that in mind, not sure if Shapeway offers a choice or not.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default BUSY!!!!

Wow Ned! Outstand! nice mockup! I see your right looks better with the disc moved inward, I have only been back at this for a few weeks, So ley me ask are you sure with that axle setup in the car will bring you out to 190mm, I am just asking because I don't have all of the Tamiya parts yet.

I must say I like your work buddy!

Here are my Rear Pan Car hub adapters, These are the prototypes, this is a bolt mount 12mm adapter, this will work for our design. the silver base was much bigger I did it like a disc but you couldn't see it in the pan car wheel LOL

Better picture here: http://lee2763.smugmug.com/Other/f/2...gDkGf&lb=1&s=O
Hey Marty, Had a busy day with son in town today and tomorrow (Fri). Took a quick look at the latest on here and measured the adapter I made the best I could and it is well under 190mm. 180mm ish should be possible. With mine, made from a Tammy wheel for the 14 and a 12 tc adapter, spacers would be needed on the axle to hold the F1 Tammy adapters out a bit. The adapters just need to be thicker at some point to come out where you wnat them. I'd say shoot for 185-188 mm and a few washers could be used to max it out if wanted.

I won't be able to do more until tomorrow night but I will come up with some dims to make what is needed.

I'll get back to ya ASAP. I really enjoy this, I just have no way to machine or 3D multiple parts, I can come up with a reasonable mock up pretty quickly. I made that adapter and disk in less than 30 minutes.

Later....
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Default F103GT to VTA

Originally Posted by rtypec
touring car tire adapters...

Has anyone tried F103GT parts, hop ups, or aftermarket stuff...
Yes that's how we started. But if these rear adapters cam be made you don't need to change the whole rear diff and left side adapter, just put these between the existing F1 14mm adapters and go! Almost

Also working on simple front adapters. Best way now IMO, without machining, is FGX parts with 103 width front suspension. Details and pics of both earlier on this thread and/or VF-1 Thread.....
Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Responded to it!

Basically, I think it is but I believe proportions are incorrect (I know, don't scale a print ) and I see no need/reason for the external hex on the larger hex feature (14mm).

Take a look at #8039............
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Responded to it!

That is what I'm talking about!

Bigger view http://lee2763.smugmug.com/Other/f/2...qscHx&lb=1&s=O
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Hey Marty, Had a busy day with son in town today and tomorrow (Fri). Took a quick look at the latest on here and measured the adapter I made the best I could and it is well under 190mm. 180mm ish should be possible. With mine, made from a Tammy wheel for the 14 and a 12 tc adapter, spacers would be needed on the axle to hold the F1 Tammy adapters out a bit. The adapters just need to be thicker at some point to come out where you wnat them. I'd say shoot for 185-188 mm and a few washers could be used to max it out if wanted.

I won't be able to do more until tomorrow night but I will come up with some dims to make what is needed.

I'll get back to ya ASAP. I really enjoy this, I just have no way to machine or 3D multiple parts, I can come up with a reasonable mock up pretty quickly. I made that adapter and disk in less than 30 minutes.

Later....
Right! This is the fun part of this hobby

Promod!!! NICE

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 05-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Default SP-1 F1

I forgot I ordered my Speed Passions SP-1 and a Speed Passions Reventon Stock Club Race ESC and the Speed Passions Competition MMM series 21.5R Brushless Motor. Thanks Brad.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the heck have you been?

Thanks for the post!
I'm good man. Its good to see you sharing Ideas. F1 had gotten a little stale without you.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lfboss
Hi! Where can i buy body to the classic 60′s cigar shape?
Thanks!
Go Here!

http://www.vf1club.com/vf1.html
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Snooppppppppp you sly dog its good to see you buddy!

yep were having fun here, its much better like this than 1 person trying to do it all, it'd make'ya kinda crazy ya,know!

put some old but good ideas to work here with others, this is a bunch of cool people here!

jumpin up and down got my car ordered and can't stop thinking of it. ok not like I will be heading off to the craper with a picture of it or any thing just yet

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 05-03-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Well here we are 4 am been at it all night sketching up all kinds of parts and tricks till I sat back and just looked at everything and this is what I came up with for the rear.

Now everyone should have touring car 12mm spacers, nuts, so on........

first I took 2 HPI 12mm hub spacers I put one in the wheel after putting a little light oil in the hub of the wheel added a drop of ca glue put the wheel on the 14mm Hub and put the nut on I then tighten it down nice and good but not to strip or damage anything.

Guess what it worked there was no way the wheel was going to move! I also did the same thing with a .150 or 3.81mm TC hub and the standard .215 or 5.461mm both Tamiya parts. Now this will not work for the F103 or F104 - W as they are both the same as far as I can tell. I also used a GMP Losi mini 12mm hub (blue) in the pictures.

Now the pictures,

You can see the pictures here. http://lee2763.smugmug.com/Other/f/2...2829&k=5LvZ6Jn

So all of you with the F104's that use the same threaded right side (gear side) end NOT the F103 style give this a shot and get back to me with your input ok. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!!! I still want to have the rear adapters made! and I will go on and work on the fronts. I also ordered 4 of Promod's design just for testing. and sending his file off for prices on other materials so keep bringing the Ideas to the forefront ok.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 05-03-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

So, here's my next question to Marty, and everyone else who are working on these adapters to use the VTA wheels on the F104: When mounted, what will be the maximum rear width, and maximum front width that is attainable? I would like to see the rear width at no less than 190-195mm, and the front at 190mm. Last night I was studying a lot of pictures of the Lotus 49 and other late 60's F1 cars, and the width of said cars was wider than what some may think; the tires were a little wider than the 1.5 liter F1 cars of the early 60's...but the "track width" of the cars had increased considerably!

I guess my point is that the stock setup originally sugested by Manny of using the stock F104 front arms and rear axle width looks too narrow as compared to how the real cars looked. Plus, if we widen the track width, it may help with the handling as well. A win, win situation. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.