Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Video of World Record set with F1 car:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wagnerov
If people were looking for a big F1 race to attend in the U.S., look no further. Formula 1 has been added as a new class to the Reedy Race at the end of May in Union City. Details will be posted in the Reedy thread. I hope the UF1 car rules will be used, and I am pretty sure the race format will be a little different than normal just for F1.
awesome - if I'm free am going to bring my Marussia F1

Devaj Devaj!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
Here is a link to our local forum's thread on the 2012 carpet nationals.

There is information and discussion about all classes plus links to videos of the mains on page 6.

http://mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=3&t=9135
found the video, and fgx did cross the line first, is that transponder placement issue?

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
We are stocking the SP1 and should have parts in the next week or so. I have built one up and I don't see the arms as being a major issue. A very nice kit for the money, and there are a few option parts that are on the way as well. Even with the option parts I don't see this car breaking the $300 limit
Great, guess that would solve the part problem.
Seems like a good value package, everything in the rear end seems fully upgraded already. And it's got the option of changing to F104 front end if not satisfied with the stock one. (and probably still cheaper than buying f104 by itself).

I'm not familiar with pan car, what are the parts that can break in a pan car? spindle? lower front arm? upper front arm?

And just to confirm, after getting the kit, I just need the F104 wheels and tires, F104 front and rear wing, and a body, isn't it?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
found the video, and fgx did cross the line first, is that transponder placement issue?
If you are referring to the F1 A main: Post race, a ROAR official changed the finishing order. The FGX driver made contact with the leader resulting in the FGX getting ahead for the win. It was controversial which is a shame because the race was amazing.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Great, guess that would solve the part problem.
Seems like a good value package, everything in the rear end seems fully upgraded already. And it's got the option of changing to F104 front end if not satisfied with the stock one. (and probably still cheaper than buying f104 by itself).

I'm not familiar with pan car, what are the parts that can break in a pan car? spindle? lower front arm? upper front arm?

And just to confirm, after getting the kit, I just need the F104 wheels and tires, F104 front and rear wing, and a body, isn't it?
Yes in addition to the kit you will need a bodyset, and wheels and tires. Depending on what you buy you are looking at between $60 and $90 on top of the kit price.
As far as the spares, you will want extra side links, center pivot mount, and assorted front end parts. Arms can break, but the steering knuckles and front axles take more of a beating
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Brad,
Any idea on ETA for the parts you mention?

Scott
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Going to order a F2012 body for my F104. I want to paint it like the picture show on TQ RC Racing's website, what would be the best color red to use??
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

On that, what's the best colour to match the Red Bull blue - either in airbrush sprays or tamiya cans?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used PS-16
If you're doing the RB9 and have an airbrush hit it with a light coat of fascolor pure pearl.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
I used PS-16
If you're doing the RB9 and have an airbrush hit it with a light coat of fascolor pure pearl.
Thanks mate. In the mean time, here's a couple of progress shots of my Mark Webber Minardi. A huge plug and thanks to Carl at http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...-stickers.html With no help from me he spent who knows how many hours sourcing the images and produced the decals at no extra charge than a regular set would cost. Thanks heaps Carl!

A few decals might not be true to the absolute purist, and there's a few missing, but it looks pretty good to me. Tell you what, getting a hobby knife in that nose cone to cut the liquid mask for the red/white stripes was a pain. Might go decals on the outside next time.

Complete shots to follow
Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Even with the option parts I don't see this car breaking the $300 limit
That's a good point - it would be a shame to see F1 go the way of TC racing (kit and price wars).
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 04-27-2013, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

SP-1, heard the front arm is a bit soft. and no idea where to get spare parts.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

Yokomo's F1, interesting and weird front suspension, not sure how the car runs.

VBC flash04, super expensive piece...

Serpent's F1, TRF's F1 are all coming soon...
You forgot the best one... the TRG 112 narrow kit and wide kit.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Thanks mate. In the mean time, here's a couple of progress shots of my Mark Webber Minardi. A huge plug and thanks to Carl at http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...-stickers.html With no help from me he spent who knows how many hours sourcing the images and produced the decals at no extra charge than a regular set would cost. Thanks heaps Carl!

A few decals might not be true to the absolute purist, and there's a few missing, but it looks pretty good to me. Tell you what, getting a hobby knife in that nose cone to cut the liquid mask for the red/white stripes was a pain. Might go decals on the outside next time.

Complete shots to follow
Really good looking shell - top job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.